3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Thursday, Oct.2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/32698-thursday-oct-2-a.html)

april99 10-02-2003 05:37 AM

Thursday, Oct.2

Good morning

It is very early here....2:30 A.M....fell asleep watching TV in the evening....went up to bed....then couldn't fall asleep...so here I am at the computer.

Have had 3 good food days this week....so I will today also.

I went to coffee with a friend yeaterday morning....then went to get some groceries.

Today DH is going fishing for the day....I said....I could go with him....but I don't have a fishing lisence....I don't want to get one....so late in the year....also....the dog hasn't been in the boat before....so I will stay home with the dog.

Well....I should go back to bed & try to get some sleep.

April

Leenie 10-02-2003 08:21 AM

Hey Early Bird !!! Hope you got some sleep last night.

No boss for me again today :encore: <--- love that guy

Lets see, last night I must have woke up 3 times fighting the hungries but I did it :encore: lololol uhhh !

I think with the cold weather coming in, its making me sooooooo hungry, this morning it was 39 degrees outside burrrrrrrr.

I want to dive into a big fat vat of beef stew w/ooooodles of potatoes :mad: lol

Whats shakin w/you guys ?

Jaden Ballard 10-02-2003 08:31 AM

Hi Good Morning,

I am new here and was encouraged to come to the daily thread. I guess this is it!

My information is posted on the bio thread and I don't want to bore you again with it here.

In a nutshell, I have gained a significant amount of weight due to four months of taking Lithium...for possibly bipolar depression. Previous to the Lithium, I was thin and very athletic. I went from 115 lbs to 160 lbs (maybe heavier) in just four months.
I quit the Lithium four months ago and 8 of those pounds have slipped off by themselves without me working on them.

I don't ever expect to be 115 lbs again, but I'd like to reach 130 lbs...that would be nice. I just feel kinda overwhelmed by everything...and very sad. Mad at myself, I think...for getting big.

I KNOW what I'm supposed to do to lose the weight, b/c I was thin before. It just seems so overwhelming and frighteing. Why is excercise so scary to me suddenly? Anyone ever feel this way starting out?

Thanks for letting me banter.
I hope everyone has a healthy and wonderful day,
Jaden

Leenie 10-02-2003 08:52 AM

Hi Jaden,

How nice of you to join this wonderful little group of ninnies, we do love each other though lol.

Yes I do feel overwhelmed and scared during my journey, I think it is quite normal. I think change in any shape or form is kinda scary, but ohhh the end results are glorious and well worth it.

I'm so sorry you've gained so much weight on the meds but don't be mad at yourself, it happened and today is a new day the Lord has given us to start all over. Instead of being mad, be happy that you are taking control and your gonna beat this :yes:

I'm going to go and read your bio, I'm real glad you joined in and I hope you can get silly with us too, it just makes the day that much easier if we can smile :D

Hugs to you !!!

cathyxxx 10-02-2003 09:31 AM

Good Morning Chickadees!

April, hope you got some sleep. Congrats on the good food days!

Leenie, some stew with potatoes sure sounds good. You body must be hungry if you wake up during the night hungry? I agree, we just seem to want/need to eat more when it gets colder. It's been 50 in the mornings here so it has been wonderful! I love soups this time of the year.

Jaden, it's nice to meet you! may I ask... do you notice any difference in your moods since quiting the lithium. I'm sorry for the weight gain on the meds, that seems to be an awful side effect of some of the meds for chemical imbalances. I agree with Leenie, she is a wise lady - I'm also glad you are taking control.

Cin? how ya feeling today? still doing the "pledge of allegiance" stance?

Tippy? how is your leg doing? how ya feeling today?

Kemp? your banquets tonite right? you running around like a chicken with your head cut off? try to stay calm and have fun!

Liz? you off today?

I'm finally feeling better today. My tummy is just sore, but I must be feeling better bec I'm hungry again, but I'm eating light - don't want anything upsetting my stomach.

I'm going to feed my grandmother at noon. Yesterday was her 87th birthday. My dear hubby is leaving to go camping for a few days. Youngest son will go meet him tomorrow and oldest son hasn't decided if he can fit it into his schedule or not. I would be glad for them to all go and let me have the house to myself.... but whatever. :dizzy:

I hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy :grouphug:

lynnie24 10-02-2003 10:42 AM

Good Morning All

Well I am off pretty soon.DH has a appointment for his first hearing aid this afternoon.I get the feeling he is really down about it.I have been going through some things the past day or two so this is why I haven't really been on or talkative.
When I get back I will give the details.

Welcome Jaden....

*hugs*
lynnie

BBL

CIN 10-02-2003 10:44 AM

HI everyone,
Wow the pain has arrived.......................I will be reading in here but not typing a lot yet!

I imagine first 24-48 the worst.HAD a pretty rough night.

TTYL
CIN:( ;) :lol: :D :)

lynnie24 10-02-2003 10:47 AM

I am glad you are doing ok Cin!!! But rest up and take medication if you are in pain sweetie

We have snow already:(

Tippy 10-02-2003 11:34 AM

I've been in such a rotten mood that I haven't wanted to post anywhere! This past month has truly been the pits. A month ago I sat in the hospital with heart problems and now I have this leg problem. Which is getting better, by the way! I can't wear a shoe on that foot so walking is incomfortable and so is standing. This is really getting old fast!

Tomorrow I have to go in the city for a Heart Institute for a stress test. The darn thing lasts 4-5 hours! Oy vey!

There..........I vented! Now,I'm going to waddle over and fold some laundry!

(P.S. I make a lousy sick person!)

liz321 10-02-2003 11:36 AM

Hey everyone!

Just a quick hello......some of us are up and some of us are down......as long as we are in it together!

I am going to crawl back into bed!

I'll check back later!

Eliz

cathyxxx 10-02-2003 12:00 PM

Tippy, I am so sorry it's been a rough month! wish I could make it better! I really do! I am praying for ya! promise! rotten mood or not we want you to post whenever you can. sometimes it helps to vent! but we always want to hear from ya.

Cin, I'm sorry you're in so much pain! Maybe you will be able to catch a nap since you didn't get to sleep much last nite. Did they send you home with pain pills? I know you probably don't like taking them but they might help the first day or two? I hope the pain passes quickly! Do you have anything that you will be reading while you are resting from surgery? You know you are in my prayers!

hugs,
Cathy

lynnie24 10-02-2003 02:13 PM

Well the appointment went well.

I aint really been feeling myself lately. I have been feeling really down in the dumps and stressed.I started having flashbacks the other night about another abuser I was unsure of.But it was confirmed.I have been having a hard time with sleeping and relaxing.I feel so tired and I am really not liking this cold weather.We had some snow this morning and I think they said on the news we maybe getting more.:( Its supposed to be fall not winter yet.

Well I hope everyone is doing well.

*hugs*
lynnie

Leenie 10-02-2003 04:07 PM

HUGS TO YOU ALL !!

We're here to listen if anyone needs to chat, okay!