3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekend 9/27 & 9/28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/32496-weekend-9-27-9-28-a.html)

lynnie24 09-27-2003 11:24 AM

Weekend 9/27 & 9/28

Hello ladies. How is everyone's weekend so far?

BBIAB

Irishcoda 09-27-2003 07:20 PM

Hi,
I'm new to the boards. I am upset with myself. I lost around 30 pounds over the spring, lost focus or something and now it's all coming back. I've been trying to watch what I eat, write it all down, but I seem to be on this down hill slide. :( Sorry to be so down for newbie,
Cassie

270/243/140

cathyxxx 09-27-2003 07:33 PM

Good evening chickadees!

I have been cleaning alllllll day! That counts as my exercise today, especially since I can barely move now! lol

Hope everybody's doing well!

hugs,
cathy

lynnie24 09-27-2003 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Irishcoda
Hi,
I'm new to the boards. I am upset with myself. I lost around 30 pounds over the spring, lost focus or something and now it's all coming back. I've been trying to watch what I eat, write it all down, but I seem to be on this down hill slide. :( Sorry to be so down for newbie,
Cassie

270/243/140

Hiya Cassie...Suggestion- don't be so hard on yourself because that will make u want to eat.What are you eating? Maybe if you post someone can help you....;) What do you for a living? It will be ok just don't be hard on yourself.

*hugs*
lynnie

CIN 09-27-2003 09:17 PM

Welcome Cassie,
Just keep in mind that the weekends are not real busy in here so if not many said hello that is why! It is a friendly place and Lynnie already gave you some good advice!

We look forward to you sharing more later

Cin

'PS Good for you Cathy!
I cleaned today and had a get together for about 30-40 people.I never counted.I am bushed! Our TV Ministry had a fellowship at our clubhouse. We fished and let everyone kayak.it was a bit cool but everyone enjoyed it. I am tired!;) I cleaned house in case someone came by.would'nt you know.....no one came by! Ha!

Navi 09-27-2003 09:47 PM

Hello ladies.

So far this weekend has been a disaster as far as eating goes... mozzarella-and-pesto sandwich last night at a coffee shop, french fries (oven baked at home) for breakfast this morning, and I just got back from going out for pizza with the boyfriend.

It's stress eating. I found out last night that they're shutting down the plant he works at sometime next year, so in 8 or 9 months he's going to be unemployed. I'm already on unemployment... and we decided that we're going to take his severance package and move across the country like we've been talking about doing for a year (but never mentioned it to anyone else). So I'm stressed out over that and about how I'm going to tell my mom (travel agent for guilt trips) and my sister (who I'm really close to).

So I turn to food... cigarettes... alcohol... like any of that's going to make it better for more than an hour or even a few minutes. I can tell myself that I'm going to be okay but those moments usually come when I'm not sober.

Sorry to be long winded... but that's what's going on. I'll try to eat better and exercise but there are other things on my mind right now.

liz321 09-28-2003 08:34 AM

Good weekend everyone!

I am working days all this weekend and even four late evening hours in the ER....so that is the kind of weekend I am having. I want to buy a piano so that is why I am working while I can. I hardly worked this summer and early fall so it won't hurt me to get moving!

Hey Cin at least you have a clean house!

Cathy do you get those boys to help out a bit? You shouldn't work so hard.....I know what a good feeling it is once you are done though.

Cassie hang in there and keep in touch.....you can do it!

Navi keep coming to the daily's ......you will get through this....you have quite an "adventure" ahead of you....keep in touch.

I am off to work......where does the time go? We went out for dinner with a couple we quite like last night and I had Linguini Vongole....baby clams....yum.....it was a wonderful evening. Hubby and the kids cleaned the house and did all the fall yard work yesterday while I was at work.......does it get any better than that?;)

Byeeeeeeee

Eliz:flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1:

L144S 09-28-2003 11:53 AM

:wave: happy weekend. I survived almost 50 here for dinner last night :D

Leenie 09-28-2003 11:56 AM

Hi Everyone :)

Thought I was over that flu thing afew days ago and last night my throat was on fire, this morning I'm sicker then a dog. Stomach pains, throat and nasil congestion...OY a headache that could kill.

Don't know if i'm going to work tomorrow if I'm still feeling like this...oy.

Hope you all have a wonderful sunday, whats left of it.

And this dang rain doesn't help either lol

Hugs.

CIN 09-28-2003 12:59 PM

Leens

Leens
So sorry you are not feeling better! Bummer indeed!

By the way what does OY mean?

Cin

JudoMom 09-28-2003 02:32 PM

sneaking in a "hi"

lynnie24 09-28-2003 03:28 PM

hello ladies...

My throat is scratchy.I had some lowfat birthday cake today...YAY!!the weekend has been going ok.

*hugs*
lynnie

Leenie 09-28-2003 04:30 PM

Cin, OY VEY, is well, um, Tippy can tell yah lol
actually jewish people say it alot (kinda like geesh, darn) :D

Irishcoda 09-28-2003 06:06 PM

Survived

Hi Lynnie, Liz, Cin and everyone,

Thanks for the welcome. :^: I have lost and gained a lot of weight 4 times and am almost back to my heaviest weight. All 4 times I went to Weight Watchers which helped but I didn't ever get to the point where I became a Lifetime Member. I thought about going back now, for the 5th time, but it seems like a matter of learning to make the right choices and in the right amounts. So I thought I would rather work on it through a supportive board like this one. My first husband, Rich, told me about this board and how much the chats & stuff helped him. He died in 2001. I know I am at risk for all kinds of health problems and already have high BP and borderline diabetes. I want to be here for my 3 kids and my new husband and I want to feel good again.

Anyway, I have been counting points since last March. The last time I was in WW, we had a points range. For my weight, it would be 29-33. I know that they are using "flex points" now but I sorta think that it's about the same, just repackaged? Anyway, that's when I lost 30 lbs and was doing pretty good.

I went off the track though because it was summer and I had a craving for ice cream. So we'd get a gallon for the five of us. That was okay for just once a week, on Fridays. Then we were getting ice cream on Saturday, too, and I still lost weight but more slowly. Then we were not only getting ice cream Fri, Sat & Sun but my husband and I moved to eating a pint of ice cream each and the kids would split the gallon. :o :( I think that's what did me in this summer.

So now I put the brakes on it and am dealing with feelings of anger (that old whiny it's not fair, why can't I have a treat like "normal" people!) and ice cream addiction and a hungry, demanding tummy.

This weekend, I have kept to my daily points again and have been able to resist the urges to run to WaWa for ice cream.

I guess I am hard on myself because of the binging. There is a lot of stress, yes, because my new husband has diabetes and got hurt at work and has not worked since January of this year. And my daughter is depressed and explodes with rage. She is in counseling and it's helped a lot but when she blows up the whole house turns upside down. And me, I used to be an interpreter for the deaf but have so many injuries I can't sign anymore. I'm not working either. :p I am trying to write but I lack a lot of the focus and discipline needed.

My goal this week is to walk on the dreadmill at least 3 days and to have an apple when I feel empty. I read that eating an apple helps people lose because of the fiber. It makes you feel full. I like MacIntosh apples and have eaten 3 Friday, 2 yesterday and 2 today.

Whew.

I'm glad to be here, though.

Cassie

lynnie24 09-28-2003 10:13 PM

I read alot.... Apples are great especially with a little peanut butter on them.