Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 08:06 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, September 19th

Good Morning Everyone !

Hope y'all made it okay thru the storm, we had the winds and rains but nothing but a few tree's/limbs fell... thank God.

I feel so sorry for the folks that got directly hit by this storm, I hope they are okay

I'm gonna grab me a cup of coffee and settle down.

Ohh I had the most horrible dream last night. I dreamed that my mom let my daughter play a few houses away from where she lives and then when I went to pick her up, she was missing, and the police were like oh well...... ? Every time I woke up I would fall back asleep and continue that same dream... I just hate that.
My heart was in my throat this morning when I got up
Old 09-19-2003, 09:00 AM   #2  

Oh Leenie, I was concerned about you and the family all night! Am glad that you're all right.

I've had dreams like that and I hate 'em. I wake up tired and disoriented.

Am not doing much today. The skin on my leg has broken down again so I have to watch it for infection AGAIN and keep the leg elevated. Boring! If it gets infected guess where I go and visit!

Zookeeper goes to the internist today for a consultation regarding surgery on her gall bladder. Compared to when I had mine removed, I hear that the surgery is quite simple.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glad you are OK, Leenie. I was worried but saw on CNN that the damn storm had shifted away from you a bit.

Tip, sorry about the leg. Dammit! the fun just never stops for you! I hope Zoo's operation gets scheduled fast and over quickly.

My worst dreams are about situations where I have no control. Naturally I've been having a lot of them lately! I'd rather dream about Bruce Springsteen.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:28 AM   #4  

Here is a funny for you all!

I've had to start to wear a medic alert necklace because of drug allergies and taking anti coagulants and it drives me nuts. It shifts around when I move. I can't even stick it in my bra cause there isn't enough in there to keep it from shifting in there too.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:53 AM   #5  
CIN

Default Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone!

Are you glad it is Friday?

I won't bore you to death (hopefully) with all the details of yesterday. But I will say I enjoyed Sarah The Duchess. She is very lively,very funny & very REAL! She thanked everyone who came and said she thanks the United States for "embracing" her with warm arms. She shared openly all her "pitfalls" and how thanks to someone believing in her (Weight Watchers) she was able to get her life on the right track again and get out of debt and a poor public image.

The most touching part was when she said at the tender age of 12 she rebelled one day.......her Mother always told her to never cut her beautiful long red hair and one day she went to town with a groomsman to the barber shop and did just that! Had them cut off her hair just for spite. THE VERY SAME day (little did she know) was the day her Mother announced she was divorcing and leaving. For years she thought her Mother left because of that.At that point.she started eating to cope with the loss.She said it wasnt until 7 years ago she honestly realized her Mother did not leave because of her!

She spoke a lot about the dangers of low carbing.which surprised us all because it is WWs policy NOT to comment negatively about any other diet or plan. But she herself ate oranges and meat for 28 days prior to her wedding..and lose she did! She also shared she had kidney and liver problems....................her own personal experience and she later commented how quickly the pounds came back on.I suppose because she didnt not mention specific diet names they let her get by with it.(low carbbers dont be offended...I am just sharing)

The most important thing is she did a great job and was really inspiring.........she has visited countries where what we eat in one restaurant serving feeds an entire family for a week. She has spoken to women who had to make real CHOICES...like when a soldier was chasing a woman with a 5 yr old in front of her and she was carrying a baby. She dropped the baby and had to decide whether to leave the baby or go with the 5 yr old.she went with the 5 yr old......The Duchess said.THAT IS A REAL CHOICE........so with her travels she has seen a lot.

Oh boy.........I bored you all with details..sorry!

We can all choose to improve our health through what we eat daily..........................let"s GO FOR IT! I am inspired!

Cin
Old 09-19-2003, 10:54 AM   #6  

Default HI everyone

Well I have to admit I am in a funk and as much as I enjoy celebs not even Sarah is enough to motivate me this morning....and I wish what we ate was enough to change our over all health...life!

My dd 11 is having a tough go at it...I went in to tuck her in last night and realized she was crying and has been crying almost every day since school started....I crawled into bed with her and she broke down.....sharing all her fears, embarassments and hurts since school started...I tried to listen without getting to emotionally involved though all I wanted to do was break down and cry with her.....I told her that things would get easier once she gets the hang of things and to give it time...she is finding it hard to change classrooms and make it from one subject to another with everything she needs...she has got some low marks in math, falling outs with friends, got lost on an outdoor run, and feels very alone....she feels she can't talk to any of the teachers because she is running from one class to the next and due to the friend problems can't use break time as she will be "missing" something with them.

I know that those of you who were once preadolesent/adolesent can remember how tough things could be...and those of you with older kids probably went through similar things....it is hard though..you are only as happy as your saddest child and this morning I am crying inside.....

I was having nightmares about my dd for several nights and maybe it was my subconscious trying to get me to notice.....they were terrible and violent and disturbing....anyhow I am trying to keep it in perspective but not naive enough to think that this is nothing...these are the things that trigger drugs, eating disorders, depression etc.

Anyhow sorry to drop such a heavy on everyone but I am feeling bummed out.

I watched Dr. Phil yesterday and am pissed right off at him...he had a 14 year old pregnant girl on his show with her entire family and as far as I am concerned he is exploiting them and breaking every rule of therapy for his own needs to be successful and win an emmy of something.

So I am just one big dark cloud today....so I will just say my hello's and go.......will check in later and try not to be so negative.

CIN I am glad that you had a great gathering with your WW team...I can see that it is a huge part of your life and you are meeting some great people along the way.

TIPPY good luck with the leg....and the medic alert bracelet...you have had your fair shares of ups and downs......are you still doing the south beach thing?

LEENS glad to hear that Lucille was not overly unkind to you...I have had those dreams before and I don't like them....good thing that most dream analysis make it clear that dreams are not to be taken literally on any level.....I bet you were never so happy to wake up to your beautiful daughter.

LYNNIE hope you are feeling more rested today...the ice cream sounded good.

CATHY how are you doing today? Hope all is well for you.

APRIL has the weather been a little brighter for you? Hope your mood is up.

ALTEON hope I spelled your name right...what you have planned for the weekend?

RUTH how are things going for you? I keep missing you on MSN.

Everyone else hi!

I am working today and tomorrow evening and then having my family over Sunday so just the basement to tackle and then we are set......

Have a good one everyone!

Eliz

Old 09-19-2003, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang! I'm busy at work, payroll and all, but wanted to just say hi.

I did read everyone's post but don't have the time to comment. Just know that I'm always glad to hear how each one of you are doing. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy
Old 09-19-2003, 11:45 AM   #8  

Liz I wish I knew what to say. :goodvibe: I hope things start to look up for your DD.

Leens I usually have dreams that get me all worked up for a few hours after I have woken up. I hate those and I wish I knew what it was that was triggering them.

Cin how many people were at the meeting?

Lynnie are you guys getting some of the rain form Isabel?

Cathy don't you just love the LA weather right now?

I am busy right now so I will be back later.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:16 PM   #9  

In the SBD forum, there is a discussion about Dr. Phil and some ladies are not happy with what Leenie and I said.

I was thinking of him and of Sarah the Duchess. You know, as motivating as they might be, it is still their J-O-B. And, if they are not successful, they don't keep their jobs!

Sarah said something about low carbing which might be true for her, but that doesn't mean it won't be good for others. Of course she isn't going to say anything good about another diet program or plan! She works for WW!

As for the good Doctor, well.....I'd like to see his book but I'm very skeptical. He has come out with his own line of vitamins, I hear. Now tell me, is he or isn't he going to make bucks out of all this??
Old 09-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #10  
CIN

Default for Liz

Liz
I am sincerely sorry you are having a sad/bad day.

I have walked through times like that with both daughters and well remember the feeling and the heartache.

I do want to say the most inspirational part of my LIFE is not working for Weight Watchers. The thing that keeps me going and keeps my head up is my relationship with Jesus Christ.

I surrendered my heartache and disappointments to HIM years ago and made the choice to allow HIM to burden all my burdens and heartache. I have walked through many dark days but have hope daily in someone much bigger and stronger that can handle it all!

Please know I care and will pray for you and your precious daughter today.In fact right now!

Love
Cin P.S. You are a wonderful Mother or your heart would not be aching right now! You & your daughter will be okay. Talking about it is so important! You will know what to do!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:37 PM   #11  
CIN

Tippy
Please re-read my post...........................I think you missed the entire point. I was surprised she made such comments....these are not my opinions either. I ask that you all not be offended.
Thanks
Cin
Old 09-19-2003, 12:37 PM   #12  

Thanks for the kind words of support.........I am sure that this to will pass....I sent an e-mail off to the school.....and am going to get busy........not use moping!

Eliz

P.S. Tippy I dont' think that the people at SB had any problem with what you said....they just don't agree with you.

I sent an e-mail to Dr. Phil as well. I am no longer watching his show....not that I watched it all that often....but I was planning on following the Ultimate Wt Loss challenge.....now I won't because yesterday when he had a 15 year old preganant girl on his show along with her family I lost all respect for him as a person and a therapist....as if that family didnt' have enough problems.....now they are out in front of the world...there is no way that a child can give informed consent to be on a show airing it all!He broke every rule of therapist!

Last edited by liz321; 09-19-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I agree Liz, I read the SB thread and they aren't upset, I think they understand that we (over weight people) are always looking at people like this with some sort of leary feeling, after all, how many diets have we gone thru ?

One girl did post this:

Dr. Phil is on at 4 in the afternoon here.

"He is taking this on for the entire country. He has family members 300-400 and 500 pounds in weight. He has a dr, nutritionist and exercise expert helping him out. His focus is on health, not any particular diet. This will be an exciting 10 months."

I'm just wondering and this is a curious question, it is not ment to be scarcastic in any way or form. But ! If he can't help his own family then I wonder why he thinks he can help others ?

But then I though about my very own question. Sometimes your family members can't help you, it takes a stranger to make things happen. OY huh.

Also another poster said he had degree's in the dietary field and this makes me feel better and more confident that he might be able to help some people. But the one thing that still bothers me is his pre packaged foods. Maybe if he waited until his 10 month diet show is over to put them on the market I might have other feelings, it just seems like its to fast.... I DUNNO ?

Cin, I'm glad the dutchess expressed her feelings over LC, I didn't get the impression she was bashing LC, I got the impression that she was saying watch out. Get checked out b/4 you go on any diet to make sure you are in good health.

I don't get upset when folks say they don't care for LC diets, what does bother me is people like Joy what ever from the view that comes on national tv and bashes the atkins diet. The fool didn't even know what she was talking about. She said you don't learn how to eat smaller portions! "Eat all this bacon for five hours! Atkins says...You never learn to eat normally, and that's why it doesn't WORK!" she claims....

I believe I remember the weight loss challenge they had last year, and they PUT her on Atkins. She failed at it, because she refused to give up her wine and bread!!!! Now she loses weight and brags about Jenny Craig or whatever plan she's on, and meanwhile admits they paid her BIG BUCKS to use their plan and lose...

Think she'll gain it back
Old 09-19-2003, 01:56 PM   #14  

Oh Cin, I wasn't offended in the least. I respect WW a great deal even if it was not the path I wanted to follow.

Liz, my friend, I almost cried when I read about your DD! You see, my DGD14( a very immature 14) started a new school this year. It has been ****! Being the new kid and cute, all the boys have ganged up and teased her. First, it was about her glasses. Now it is about having lice. Her life is miserable. She is too niave to ignore it all and she takes it all to heart and cries when she gets home. Couple all that with ADD!!

She doesn't realize that boys at that age tease. We all went through it. She doesn't understand that they tease cause she is cute and they like her but aren't certain why!

My heart, as a grandmother, just aches for her. I want to beat the **** out of those boys! I can't! She has to grow strong and it won't happen if we protect her. But, oh does it hurt to watch her go through this.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:29 PM   #15  
Divine Gal

Good afternoon all.Its a very dreary day here and it stinks.

Kempy: Yeah we are getting some of it; not to much yet.

I hope everyone is having a better day then I am.I decided not to WI today because of being bloated.I found out from my dr that you can up to 6 pounds from water retention during your menstrual cycle.

Have a good evening gang. I will BBL.

*hugs*
lynnie
Closed Thread