Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, September 9th

Good Morning,

Okay I think things are back to normal, what ever that means?

Hope y'all are doing okay, I'll be catching up on the threads in a bit... but first C-O-F-F-E-E !!

Hugs
Old 09-09-2003, 08:40 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Okay I'm back. I read up on everyone from yesterdays post. Boy I miss you guys.

This might be a little group but what a nice one we have. To bad more folks won't join in.

Turkey bacon.............here I come, get in my belly NOW !!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Leenie you are too funny! sounds like we are all hungry this morning. I'm drinking my first cup of coffee and then gonna fix me some oatmeal - I'm starving! lol

Imagine your desk was a sight yesterday huh!

About Dr Phil, there is no telling, but my mom is buying the book and I'm gonna read it when she is thru, so I figure it can't hurt for me to hear what he has to say. I didn't know until Sunday's paper that he was gonna have vitamins and bars and all that jazz - looks like he'll have a line of stuff going and will be making a bunch of money but it won't be any of mine I just want to hear what he has to say. I know Friday nite there is suppose to be a 2 hour show on NBC with him and Katie Curic. I will tape it since we will be at a football game. But as always, I just like reading and seeing anything about weightloss and health and exercise and stuff - it just really interests me!

Ok now where is my oatmeal. My tummy is growling big time.

Will check back later.

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-09-2003 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:47 AM   #4  

I just got home from the clinic where I have to go everyday until the med levels are okay. It's a bother and I make a lousey patient.
I didn't know that Dr. Phil was even writing a book! Personally, I think he's going to make big bucks and gradually fade. I really haven't watched him too much cause he kinda gives me a pain in the you-know-what!
I had some left-over steak for breakfast. Now, I'm munching on 15 of my 30 allowed pistachios. For lunch I'm going to have a grilled turkey patty and veggies-lot's of veggies!
Well, nothing else new. Gotta go.....
Old 09-09-2003, 10:59 AM   #5  

I am with you guys, What in the world does he know about nutrition? Isn't he a counsoler? He doesn't look like he deals with diets to much. He just likes to tell people to get over whatever they are dealing with and I am wondering if that is what he will be doing now with this.

I didn't get a chance to get any painting done last night. Hubby and i went and eat sushi and then once we got home I had to vaccumm those little bugs again. By that time our crazy little show that we watch was one so we hit the sofas to veg out and watch that. Then I was ready for bed. So much for an evening where I get something done.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #6  
CIN

Default boo

Hi Gals
I am stayingout of this conversation! (safer)

Just popped in to say hiHaving a good day.off to work.

Catch you all later!

Cin
Old 09-09-2003, 03:28 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Good afternoon ladies.
Today my day has been very lazy.I don't know whats up with me today I slept most of the day away.I didn't sleep to good last night.I did manage to exercise some yesterday but today I feel weird.Boredom? Depression? I don't feel to depressed just really exhausted.Maybe I am stressed but about what? I have no clue.
I am eating pretty well when I am not sleeping.
Has anyone seen A Beautiful Mind... I just recently saw it and ran out and purchased it.Great movie!!!

Well take care all and talk to yall soon.
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-09-2003, 04:04 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Lynnie,
Some times the body is just tired, don't worry. Are you taking some extra vitamins ? check in to it since your dieting. Hope your feeling better soon.

Cin oh CIN, CIN CIN CIN !! Please you can say what you like here, I'm not going to argue w/anyone, especially you yah nut. Our opinions are just that and if people don't like it they don't have to post. I'd love to know whats on that brain of yours I personally don't care for Dr. Phil but hey, thats me and phooie phoo phoo if yah don't like it

Cathy, I'm hungry 24/7 so what else is new ? lol

Tippy, tell those vampires to bite this !!

Kem, those love bugs are GROSS !!! ewwwwwwwwww gives me the skeevies.

TTYL, Sillies
Old 09-09-2003, 04:32 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by Leens
Hey Lynnie,
Some times the body is just tired, don't worry. Are you taking some extra vitamins ? check in to it since your dieting. Hope your feeling better soon.

No maybe I should look into getting some. Any suggestions? I feel fine just weird is all...
Old 09-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #10  

I am feeling a tiny bit better today, yesterday was my 35th birthday and I guess that its the time of year to wallow.
Dr. pHil I used to like him, but he seems a bit of a know it all, There are somethings that he says which ok I can almost agree with him but then like someone said - him just telling everyone to get over it? hum my thoughts are if it were that easy why are they coming to you?
Ever check out his web-site?
Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Lynnie, I wouldn't know what to tell you to buy because I just don't know, but because I'm on atkins I take 2 mulit vitamins, 2 calcium & magnesium, 2 1,000 vitamin C's, 1 Vitamin E and 4 Omega 3 Fish Oils.

Do you feel your lacking anything ? eating wise ? fruits ? veggies? Are you doing WW ? How about asking a councelor CIN.......... OH CIN ............. ?? HELP !!! I would look into it on the web, do some research b/4 buying anything. How about asking your doctor, although some of them just say take a multi vitamin and that would be it. I think thats their easy answer way out ? I dunno just my feelings. The perfect person would be a dietition (I would think).

Hyacinth HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!! Hope you had a good day.

Hugs !!
Closed Thread