Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #31  

I am Soooo sore and stiff today. My knees and left elbow are almost causing me agony. I took some ibuprofen to help. I also have some Vicodin but am saving them for emergencies.

I am down today. I opened the patio door to get some fresh air in here. I haven't left the apartment much today, either. I need to. There are things here I need to do to help my mood. Fresh air and light, plus getting out of the apartment some.

I got a email today saying I now have insurance and can make Drs appointments. I'll start that on Monday. I am soooooo incredibly thankful. This is a huge huge weight off my shoulders.

Kathleen, bless you and your family.

Coop, I hope you are well.

Miss Holly, have you heard anything more about RB selling?

Monica, miss your posts so much.

Bless you all you ladies. Please post. I miss you all.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 10-21-2017 at 09:13 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:17 PM   #32  

I am also taking better care of myself. I take a long bath every single day and wash my clothes every day too.

In the past, this was hard for me to do. Now, its important to me.

Have a great night.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I am also taking better care of myself. I take a long bath every single day and wash my clothes every day too.

In the past, this was hard for me to do. Now, its important to me.

Have a great night.
Lisa, that is great!! I'm so glad there is something that now do-able for you, that previously wasn't. Progress!! I hope you aren't down still. Yes, getting outside is helpful even when it is hard to do at first. Maybe take Elvira for a walk? what is your new neighborhood like?

That is great news about having insurance now and being able to make doctor appointments!

I hope you aren't in pain and stiff anymore either

much love to YOU Lisa!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #34  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen oh my gosh I'm so sad and sorry that your home life is so unsettled now you poor thing!! we are HERE for you whenever you need to vent or just tell us what is going on ... or not. we love you!!

The circumstances with your son would be so heart wrenching for a mother!! and so frustrating that as a mother it is something that you can't make better.

and yet you are so kind that you take the time to ask such detailed and caring messages to all of us

we love you and are pulling for you, Kathleen!!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

I am much better each day, getting over that awful cold. Still stuffed up, still blowing my nose and getting rid of crud, but overall almost normal.

We are still having nicer-than-average weather for our region, I still have a few flower planters going strong, colorful pansies, petunias, and nasturtiums, they make me so happy I know they will be goners in a few weeks but I am holding onto them as long as possible.

Haven't heard anything else about the possible sale of the store. Just have to wait and see. My co-workers are SO happy to have me back they even ask "aren't you happy to be back here". God! I must be able to disguise my true feelings very well, that they don't know how much I dislike it there!!

I weighed myself last night and am at 148, that's my lowest for a couple years. I celebrated by eating handfuls of chocolate chips!! what is wrong with me the sugar/chocolate monster was roaring inside me. I need to get rid of that container of chocolate chips, don't I

hello to Coop, Monica, HydraWoman!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:42 PM   #36  

I have so many freakin things to tell you all.

Saw my new Dr today, she's fantastic. She listens to me. She freakin listens to me.

She heard some wheezing in the upper lobes of my lungs. I have asthma and now have an inhaler.

I'll post more on my visit later. I have lots more to tell you all.

I'll post personals later.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - what a wonderful thing to have your new doctor listen to you!!!

looking forward to the other stuff you are gonna tell us

My bad news - my brother passed away this afternoon I got the phone call at work, while I was behind the register, cashing people out!! how sucky is that No one to relieve me, there was a line of people and I had to talk to the social worker while running the register.

I meet with the funeral director tomrrow.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:50 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post

My bad news - my brother passed away this afternoon I got the phone call at work, while I was behind the register, cashing people out!! how sucky is that No one to relieve me, there was a line of people and I had to talk to the social worker while running the register.

I meet with the funeral director tomrrow.
Holly I'm so sorry for your loss what an awful time to find out with so many people around sending lots of
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #39  

Sorry all, I didn't have much time for personals earlier, but couldn't read Holly's news and dash off again.

Holly, I really hope you're holding up ok - I know you mentioned not long ago about your difficult relationship with your brother, but I've no doubt it still hurts and must have been a shock. He didn't sound ill from your description, and sometimes it floors you harder that way. Take care of yourself

Lisa I am really glad to hear how great your doctor is! It's so amazing to find someone who cares and has time to listen to you! Washington sounds like it's working out great for you I'm so glad the move has been a positive one so far!

kathleen I'm really sorry about your son's issues. I'm hearing things third hand, but it sounds like his therapist has upset him with her comments about psychosis. From your description, it really didn't seem that extreme - my mum had great insight into "kids" of his age, as she was a college lecturer and spent a lot of time helping students in his shoes - it sounds like he's free-falling and struggling to find a direction. I wish she was around so I could ask her how to help get through it for you

I haven't hear anymore since the mugging, but I don't think I will for a while. If it goes to court, it will probably be March at least! I'm sure I'll let you know if it does get to that, I'll be nervous as anything!

Last edited by Coop27; 10-25-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #40  

Holly,

I am so so sorry about your brother!!!!!

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 10-26-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #41  
Biker Chick!

Hello friends

Well, taking steps towards taking care of my brother's passing, my sister has spoken to someone who recently needed services in the same town, and she has some phone numbers and contacts - minister, sexton, cemetery person. I put in a call to the social worker for info about Steven's apartment, but he hasn't called me back yet.

And I can't remember if it said it here, but I just was not close with my brother. I can't remember any good times as kids, he was such a loner, and as an adult just too uncomfortable and downright unsettling to be around. So I haven't even cried!! I didn't mean to not mention his health, but it was NOT good, congestive heart, Obstructive/pulmonary/cardio deal, overweight, and I hate to say it but none of these are congenital, all from a unhealthy lifestyle.

Tonight life got a teeny bit more complicated as a roof leak appeared, it's dripping onto the stairs from the second floor. It was inevitable, we've lived here 30 years, and in tje past couple years have noticed pieces of shingles blowing off. Roofs are expensive...I know we could put it on a credit card, DH wants to get materials and hire people to do it yourself..I'm all for saving thousands but am not sure if comfortable with Plan B

At least...I'm of the maturity to realize that the roof is a money thing, and easily solved with money..whereas if it was a heart attack, health is not so easily solved. As long as we're both working, we can manage.

Enough of me , I am thinking of you all !!

Coop, wow having to possibly wait til March is a heck of a long time!

Lisa, again it was so great to hear that you have a doctor who LISTENS and that is game changing isn't it!!

Kathleen hope so much things are better on teh home front.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #42  

We are still thinking of you, Holly.

You might still mourn your brother, even though you were never close. Life and relationships are weird like that. You never know, sometimes, how you are going to react, when life throws you a curve.

Much love and good thoughts to you, Holly.

Miss you other ladies too, very very much.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #43  

How are you Holly????
Old 10-29-2017, 08:35 PM   #44  

Miss you, Holly, thinking about you. Check in when you are up to it.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #45  

I am so incredibly sad and hurt today.

I asked a friend to repay a loan to me. She owes me $1800. She said she sent me $100, 9 days ago. I still have not received it. I have been constantly asking her, via text and voicemail, to help me locate it. I get silence.

I have $10 to my name.

I am beyond hurt. I want to cry but I am in public.