Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-15-2017, 02:48 PM   #16  
art savvy southpaw

S/C/G: 220/204/175

Height: 5'10"

Hello all, I hope that your day is a good one. I haven't checked in here for several weeks. I have been busy with job searching, taking an online course, classes at the local MI center and my bff came to visit me for 2 weeks! :-) I weighed myself early in the month and I have lost 10 lbs. in 3 months. I am happy with that and I feel it is a big accomplishment. I take psych meds and I am in my 50's. So the weight comes off slow but it feels great to know I have lost 10 whole pounds.

While looking for a part time job I have been crocheting many things. I occasionally sell an item and I plan to donate a bunch of items to charities. I have a huge amount of yarn that I got on clearance. Crochet and other crafts help me to get into that chill mode.

Have a good week!
HydraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #17  

HW, congrats on the 10 pounds lost. Woooooooo!!

I'm running errands this morning, got my trusty co pilot with me.

I'm at the clothing store, going to get a few things. Not much though.

Still need a new drivers license.

There is just so much in this area. Just about anything you can think of, it has.

The cats really like the apartment, they play a lot. Even buggy man, he makes,the others cry. I have to tell him not so rough.

Much love to all.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:06 PM   #18  

Hydrawoman - congrats on the weight loss! It's so hard to lose weight on some medications, but it's all the more satisfying

I hope the charities like your crochet items

Lisa - so glad you and the cats are enjoying Washington! Who's the co pilot?
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #19  

My thyroid test came back normal, which is good. I'm glad I don't have to battle with an under-active thyroid. It would have explained a lot of my issues, but I don't think my symptoms were severe enough. I'm back to the nutritionist next week to see where we go from here.

Our bathroom works are all done now, it looks really good. They said the floorboards were completely rotten, so I'm glad they've gone and we don't need to worry about the toilet falling through to the apartment below ours anymore

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hoping we hear something from Jessica soon too!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #20  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Coop - - Lisa's referring to her car, her Honda Pilot It's so great when you have a trusted car to get you places!!

Coop, I am glad your thyroid is normal. I hope you and the nutritionist can figure out where to proceed. Congrats on your bathroom being remodeled!! oh my what a relief to know the floors are solid

Are you suffering from the hurricane that is so far north??

Lisa I'm so glad the kitties are enjoying your new home. And Elvira? I hope you're not missing your daughter too much. With FB and computers and Skype and such, one can keep in touch right?

HydraWoman good to hear from you!! congrats on dropping 10!!

Kathleen I hope things have calmed down in your household

My wonderful summer job is over Sunday was the last day. I worked, besides in the kitchen baking and helping prep, in the dining room also for 3 nights in a row. And yes, it finally caught up to me, working 6 days a week since May..I got the worst cold in the universe!! I lost my voice because my throat was so raw. I don't know how I continued to work but I pushed through. It felt like every joint and muscle was full of hot burning glass. I was almost crying when I was driving home yesterday. I went to bed and spent ALL DAY in bed today. This evening was the first time I felt strong enough to pick up my laptop! I just ate a huge supper and I think tomorow will be better

I have off until Saturday, when I go back to working full time for the RB. But ladies..listen to this..he has an interested buyer!! Someone might actually pay 1 million for that place (it's prime real estate besides the thriving business) I might have new bosses soon. OMG
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Hydrawoman - congrats on the weight loss! It's so hard to lose weight on some medications, but it's all the more satisfying

I hope the charities like your crochet items

Lisa - so glad you and the cats are enjoying Washington! Who's the co pilot?
Elvira is my co pilot. She goes everywhere I go, for now, until she gets used to the apartment.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #22  

Quote:
My thyroid test came back normal, which is good. I'm glad I don't have to battle with an under-active thyroid. It would have explained a lot of my issues, but I don't think my symptoms were severe enough. I'm back to the nutritionist next week to see where we go from here.

Our bathroom works are all done now, it looks really good. They said the floorboards were completely rotten, so I'm glad they've gone and we don't need to worry about the toilet falling through to the apartment below ours anymore

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hoping we hear something from Jessica soon too!
I am so thankful your test came back ok.

Where is Jessica? I miss her too.

Way too many ladies missing.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Coop - - Lisa's referring to her car, her Honda Pilot It's so great when you have a trusted car to get you places!!

Coop, I am glad your thyroid is normal. I hope you and the nutritionist can figure out where to proceed. Congrats on your bathroom being remodeled!! oh my what a relief to know the floors are solid

Are you suffering from the hurricane that is so far north??

Lisa I'm so glad the kitties are enjoying your new home. And Elvira? I hope you're not missing your daughter too much. With FB and computers and Skype and such, one can keep in touch right?

HydraWoman good to hear from you!! congrats on dropping 10!!

Kathleen I hope things have calmed down in your household

My wonderful summer job is over Sunday was the last day. I worked, besides in the kitchen baking and helping prep, in the dining room also for 3 nights in a row. And yes, it finally caught up to me, working 6 days a week since May..I got the worst cold in the universe!! I lost my voice because my throat was so raw. I don't know how I continued to work but I pushed through. It felt like every joint and muscle was full of hot burning glass. I was almost crying when I was driving home yesterday. I went to bed and spent ALL DAY in bed today. This evening was the first time I felt strong enough to pick up my laptop! I just ate a huge supper and I think tomorow will be better

I have off until Saturday, when I go back to working full time for the RB. But ladies..listen to this..he has an interested buyer!! Someone might actually pay 1 million for that place (it's prime real estate besides the thriving business) I might have new bosses soon. OMG
Hey Holly,
Elvira is my co pilot, she goes everywhere with me.

I'm so sorry you are sick. I hate being ill. I don't handle it well.

Oh my gosh, I hope you can get rid of rb.

And booooo, that your fun job is over.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #24  

One more thing. I've been here 18 days and my favorite jeans fit better.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #25  

Yay lisa you've lost weight! Washington is working out well for you

Holly fingers crossed the RB sells & you get a new boss! I hope your cold shifts quickly!

We got off lightly with the hurricane, it caused havoc in Ireland, but we just had a lot of rain.

Last edited by Coop27; 10-17-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #26  
Biker Chick!

Coop - so glad you didn't get terrible wind from the hurricane.

Lisa - woohoo! on better - fitting jeans! and duh to me for forgetting who your trusty co-pilot is.

YES today I feel so much better! Now I just feel like I have a cold, instead of being afraid I'd never get better.

It was pretty cold outside this morning, we had our first killing frost, it was 26 degrees, so I spent most of the morning cleaning up in the kitchen. It was a wreck! Now it looks so much better.

Was outside for a while and it is beautiful and sunny, I trimmed some potted flowers of the dead stuff, did a little raking.

Went to town to price snow tires, boy nothing is ever affordable anymore huh, but I can pay cash because of all the extra hours I worked this summer and stashed the dough Still, about $650 but those are for good Nokia studded tires, and that's the total price including mounting and tax. Gotta do it soon boooo
Old 10-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #27  

Quote:
Yay lisa you've lost weight! Washington is working out well for you

Holly fingers crossed the RB sells & you get a new boss! I hope your cold shifts quickly!

We got off lightly with the hurricane, it caused havoc in Ireland, but we just had a lot of rain.
Absolutely! I can snap them easier.

I truly believe just being In a happier situation helps.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 10-19-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Coop - so glad you didn't get terrible wind from the hurricane.

Lisa - woohoo! on better - fitting jeans! and duh to me for forgetting who your trusty co-pilot is.

YES today I feel so much better! Now I just feel like I have a cold, instead of being afraid I'd never get better.

It was pretty cold outside this morning, we had our first killing frost, it was 26 degrees, so I spent most of the morning cleaning up in the kitchen. It was a wreck! Now it looks so much better.

Was outside for a while and it is beautiful and sunny, I trimmed some potted flowers of the dead stuff, did a little raking.

Went to town to price snow tires, boy nothing is ever affordable anymore huh, but I can pay cash because of all the extra hours I worked this summer and stashed the dough Still, about $650 but those are for good Nokia studded tires, and that's the total price including mounting and tax. Gotta do it soon boooo
I had to get new tires for my car, too. I hope they help this winter. Mine were $550 for 4 tires, approx.

Its ok. Elvira loves being my co pilot. She's a good girl.

I am so ****ing sore tonight. My joints are killing me. I havent been taking my ibuprofen like I need to. This chilly weather makes me hurt so bad. Its hard for me to walk.

I still have not made it to the local library, to join. Maybe tomorrow.

I got signed up for Washington Medicaid today. Now to find Drs.

Much love to you all.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #29  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I had to get new tires for my car, too. I hope they help this winter. Mine were $550 for 4 tires, approx.

Its ok. Elvira loves being my co pilot. She's a good girl.

I am so ****ing sore tonight. My joints are killing me. I havent been taking my ibuprofen like I need to. This chilly weather makes me hurt so bad. Its hard for me to walk.

I still have not made it to the local library, to join. Maybe tomorrow.

I got signed up for Washington Medicaid today. Now to find Drs.

Much love to you all.
Oh gosh, do take that ibuprofen! pain is sucky.

Way to go for getting signed up for your medical stuff!

Hope you make it to the library

I am still suffering from this cold. Coughing fits, tons of goop in me (sorry) But it is impossible for me to 'take it easy' when the weather has been so spectacular and i have these days off. I've been spending every minute outside, digging, transplanting (yesterday was dividing and transplanting rhubarb and peonies, hope I didn't kill them!) then at night Im exhausted. Oh well.

I go back to the deli/cashier job TOMORROW. oH NO.

So it's been a good solid 4 months that I'm off the Wellbutrin. Totally med free for the first time in about 9 years? We'll see how I do in the dreaded winter. If I feel extra depressed I;m going to walk up to my doctor and kick him in the nuts. He pressed me to get off the meds.

thinking of you all!!!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #30  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hello everyone! Well, once again, I am apologizing for being MIA for so long! Thank you for those of you who expressed concern for me in my absence. I guess I just have to accept the fact that my home life is going to be a roller coaster ride for awhile... or maybe forever. Things are just constantly up and down. Sorry to take you guys on the ride with me. I just need to vent sometimes. I have to put on a happy front to everyone else most of the time, and I am okay with that up to a point. I just don't want my extended family and family friends to look negatively at my son, so I don't like to share too much. He is going to school most days, so I am happy with that. He tells me to pray for him because he is still depressed, so that makes me sad. He is still going to DBT therapy, but his individual therapist confronted him recently and told him he thinks he is experiencing psychosis, which I don't believe he is... and it REALLY turned my son off... understandably. So now I don't think that therapy is going to be helpful after all... partly my son's fault for lack of commitment, too. It is all just frustrating. As I always say, I am just taking things one day at a time and trying to be there for him as best I can without enabling any negative behaviors. It is a delicate balance. And my hubby and 18-yr-old daughter get really upset with him, so I get caught in the middle of that... trying to put out those fires, too. I think I need to make an appointment with my own therapist for a refresher. I haven't been in several months. You ladies have been my therapy, so thank you!

On a happy note, I am fitting into shirts in my closet and drawers that I haven't worn in awhile. I had lost some weight awhile ago, and the scale has stayed consistent for quite awhile now, but my clothes are still fitting better. Hey, I'll take it!!! Workouts have still been sporadic, and I am frustrated with myself about that. I need to do much better. I think my saving grace has been not eating at night, only eating when physically hungry, and stopping eating when satisfied instead of stuffed. I've also been getting out to walk my pups some lately. Our Ohio fall weather has been gorgeous! I don't want it to end!

Holly: Best of luck to you with your winter job! I'll be thinking of you as you go back to work with the r@t b@st@rd. What if he could see how we all talk about him on this site?!? I hope he sells the business for your sake!!! Please keep us posted. I hope everything works out with your brother. Sounds like an unfortunate situation. Hopefully the group living will work out well for him. I hope you are feeling much better by the time you read this!

Lisa: Thank you for your advice! You didn't hurt my feelings at all. My hubby always says, "It is what it is," too. It's just the truth. You can't change some things no matter how hard you try. Acceptance of that is often a key factor to letting go and moving forward. I'm working on it! So happy that you are getting settled in in Washington. I love the visual of Elvira as your copilot!!! And HOORAY for better-fitting jeans!!! I think this new chapter in your life has good things in store for you, Lisa!

Coop: So happy and relieved that you weren't bothered too much by the hurricane. Your bathroom remodel sounds lovely. We really need to remodel our master bathroom. It needs it desperately. We just keep putting it off because it seems like a lot of trouble, but I know it would be so worth it in the long run. Hope you are enjoying it! That is great that your thyroid test came back normal. Glad you will be following up with your nutritionist. That should be a big help to you. What ever happened with the mugging situation? Did they ask for your help in court or anything? You are still my hero for stopping to help!

HydraWoman: Congratulations on losing 10 pounds in 3 months!!! That is awesome, especially on psych meds (I know from experience)!

Jessica: If, by chance, you are reading along, PLEASE post and let us know that you are okay! We are worried sick about you!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote