3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #16

Hi ladies,

Good luck with the toy drive, Holly. If I remember correctly, that is a big to do for your bikers. Such a great thing for the children.

Kathleen, I don't do bats well. We used to go fishing in late evening, years ago and bats would fly over head. I hated it. I had tons of hair back then I would always put on a hat.

I am doing ok, not great but ok. Football preseason is here, that makes me happy.

I keep reminding myself that there is an end to this waiting. It should happen this month.

Jennifer is so busy this month. She graduates with her Masters degree this month. She started a new job this past week. At the end of the month, she is going to Europe on vacay.

That's about it. Much love to all.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 08-10-2017 at 05:52 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #17

Hey ladies,

I am checking into purchasing a mobile home in Richland Washington. I called about it today and even though I won't be moving until later next month, I put in a low offer of $14,000. The home has been on the market over 100 days. They are asking $19,000. We'll see what happens, at least I tried.

My daughter was kind enough to give me $200 to offer them earnest money.

I'll let you know what happens over the next few days.

Preseason football is on right now. I'm happy.

Much love to all.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 PM   #18

I am looking at this mobile home, to buy.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...4_M25019-57196

Wish me luck.

Jennifer had a busy day today. She moved to her new apartment.

Ruby kitty is not happy. She got spanked when she swatted at poor blind Hank.

Hank and Feelix are doing well.

Much love to all.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 08-12-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #19

I forgot to say welcome to Fatdoesntdefineme in my last post! Welcome to the thread please let us know how you're getting on!

And welcome hydrawoman!

Holly so glad you guys got rid of the bat! Not a fan myself - I'd have probably burned the house down rather than deal with it how did the toy drive go? Hope you enjoying a well deserved rest after organising it

Kathleen how have you all been getting on since your trip to Ireland? Have you been getting out in your pool much?

lisa good luck with the mobile home! It looks like a really good size. Can't believe you're moving next month! I really hope you get all your loose ends tied up in time, you deserve a break!
_____

The nutritionist didn't get back to me, so I'll look into someone else. I thought I'd try out the whole 30 diet for 3 days last weekend, but I dropped 3lbs, so I decided to keep it going. I've only lost another 1/2lb since It's very restricted, I'm hoping like you guys say, the changes are on the inside and they'll appear later.

Can you believe that my OH has lost 18lbs in the last 3 weeks? It's really unfair, we've been eating the same stuff, only he's had more cake than me

We really think my OH's gran might have dementia. Her memory lapses have gotten beyond the little things - she hasn't paid any bills since March, and she's not been showing up for her hairdressers appointments, and she's confused who she's talking to. We really hoped it was just stress, any time I've tried to talk it through with anyone, they've dismissed it as age and the stress of her son having died last year. We'll get her to the doctor soon for a diagnosis.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #20

S/C/G: 187

Height: 5'7"

Default Trying something new

Hi Everyone! Thank you to everyone who read and commented on my posts. I appreciate the feedback

So, as my post indicates, I'm trying something new. I won't go into the details of it (and I will explain why) but I will reflect on what is so new about this time.

I've come to realize that my personality loves to focus on the details. So much so that I can fall into rigid thinking habits very easily. Rigidity gets tricky when all sorts of mental and behavioral forces push and pull at me. Eventually, the stronger force wins every time. In the past, I have made lists - and posts - outlining the details of my plan hoping that it will strengthen my willpower over food. It doesn't.

So, suffice to say, I am going to focus on what I am doing differently in the hopes that it will increase my chance of weight loss success.

So here's what is different this time:
- My husband is doing this with me. In fact it was his idea.
- I can eat as much as I want.
- The goal is to eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full.

Basically, I am practicing mindful eating. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck!
ThinkAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #21

Hi Coop,
Yeah, I'm going to be soo busy the next few weeks. Gotta line up movers tomorrow.

My check is ready, ladies. I am picking it up tomorrow. Its been a hellish wait.

Much love to all.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #22

Sorry I've posted so much but things have finally moved along.

I got the check from moms estate this morning. I actually, finally, have money in my savings.

Im not over the moon but its just really nice.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 08-15-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #23
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/148.8/145

Height: 5' 6"

Hello ladies!!

Lisa SO good to see you here as you must be feeling better about things wow so another move so soon, best wishes with your bid! that kitchen looked really nice. Congrats to your daughter on her Master's degree! and YAY for finally getting that check!! Yes the Toy Run is one of our big 2 events this year and it went great!

Coop that is sad news about OH's grandma and dementia Very sad!! but great news on OH's weight loss, wow it isn't fair is it but congrats to him. And to you for sticking with it. Hope you can find a nutritionist who works well with you!

ThinkAgain Your mindful eating program sounds good! and oh boy I agree that it helps so much when your partner is doing the same thing. I love making lists also besides the satisfaction of crossing things off with each accomplishment, I like the writing part also. Wishing you luck!

Kathleen You were so thoughtful in your last post, writing personals to everyone, but you didn't say anything about yourself! what is going on in your life

I am loving summer as much as I possibly can, every second and spending every second outside that I can. I talk to my plants and just love being outside so much . Been riding to work alot more too, the weather has been cooperating. Oh forgot to mention other big news..our mortgage is paid off!!!! yeah we got it in 1986 and all those years of paying and now it's ours!!
and I got a new-to-me car!! A Ford Five Hundred, 2007, in great condition, it's all wheel drive, so with some good snow tires, it will be awesome in winter. And it looks nice too

My program - Watching portions and trying to avoid empty carbs; at-home workouts
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

Current weight - 148.8

Last edited by VermontMom; Yesterday at 08:42 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote