Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Hi all, I haven't posted here for awhile. Anyway, I decided to give Weight Watchers another try. So far, it's going ok. I'm down 4.4lbs so far. That was over the course of 2 weeks. I am NOT happy about it whatsoever. For my size I feel like I should have lost way more.

Anyway, my mood has been low. I am not 100% sure why. I guess I just wish I could lose weight faster. I just have this vision of how I want to look, and the type of clothes I want to wear, and I just want it NOW. I just feel like a worthless girlfriend and mother. I just feel like I could be so much better if I was thin/skinny.

When I first did Weight Watchers for the first time 10 years ago, my heart was totally into it. I was excited, it was new, I became obsessed and passionate about it... and now it's just like "meh" to me. I hate that it's that way to me. I want it to be exciting to me. I want it to be an adventure. Maybe part of it is because we are struggling a bit financially (thank God I can even afford Weight Watchers, I was going to try on my own, I mean I did, but I NEED the actual meeting in order to be accountable). If we had more money then I could actually prep more meals and maybe have more fun with it. I don't know. I've just been crying almost every day. I want to be happy that I am losing weight and I can't even be happy about that... has anyone else ever felt this way?

Last edited by hiimawkward; 02-22-2017 at 11:14 AM.
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #47  

Hi ladies, for some unknown reason I am struggling today. I am so down. I've been taking my meds so that isn't it, unless I'm going to need a change.

Jennifer left for a week, this morning. That might be part of it. I feel stuck here. If this keeps up, this upcoming week is going to drag. I wasn't going to leave the house much this week (becasue of Jennifer's new doggie) but I think after the day I've had today, I'm going to have to.

The house closing is on Tuesday afternoon so that is good but I'm wondering....Maybe, after striving so hard to get my life in order, I am going through a let down. You all know how much I have worked to move on to the next phase of my life.

Anyway, whatever is bothering me, I've not had a good day. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 02-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello everyone

I've missed you all. I've been having a rough time. Fell off the weight loss wagon for a month, gained 14 whopping pounds. I've been having a hard time with the passing of my mother. Today marks 1 month since she died

I'm slowly doing a little better I suppose, but it's a lot of up and down. Grief is no joke

I'm back on the weight loss wagon now, have been for a few days. Trying to get myself on a bit more steady ground. I've been seeing my therapist weekly, which has been helping too.

I just wanted to check in. I hope everyone is doing well!

I'll be back soon to read up on how everyone has been doing. Much Love to you all.
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #49  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimawkward View Post
Hi all, I haven't posted here for awhile. Anyway, I decided to give Weight Watchers another try. So far, it's going ok. I'm doing 4.4lbs so far. That was over the course of 2 weeks. I am NOT happy about it whatsoever. For my size I feel like I should have lost way more.

Anyway, my mood has been low. I am not 100% sure why. I guess I just wish I could lose weight faster. I just have this vision of how I want to look, and the type of clothes I want to wear, and I just want it NOW. I just feel like a worthless girlfriend and mother. I just feel like I could be so much better if I was thin/skinny.

When I first did Weight Watchers for the first time 10 years ago, my heart was totally into it. I was excited, it was new, I became obsessed and passionate about it... and now it's just like "meh" to me. I hate that it's that way to me. I want it to be exciting to me. I want it to be an adventure. Maybe part of it is because we are struggling a bit financially (thank God I can even afford Weight Watchers, I was going to try on my own, I mean I did, but I NEED the actual meeting in order to be accountable). If we had more money then I could actually prep more meals and maybe have more fun with it. I don't know. I've just been crying almost every day. I want to be happy that I am losing weight and I can't even be happy about that... has anyone else ever felt this way?
Hi. My wife and I are doing weight watchers. I just wanted to say hi!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hello everyone

I've missed you all. I've been having a rough time. Fell off the weight loss wagon for a month, gained 14 whopping pounds. I've been having a hard time with the passing of my mother. Today marks 1 month since she died

I'm slowly doing a little better I suppose, but it's a lot of up and down. Grief is no joke

I'm back on the weight loss wagon now, have been for a few days. Trying to get myself on a bit more steady ground. I've been seeing my therapist weekly, which has been helping too.

I just wanted to check in. I hope everyone is doing well!

I'll be back soon to read up on how everyone has been doing. Much Love to you all.

You get right back on that wagon, Jesika and go on with your journey. Do it for yourself.

Take care of yourself and continue to vent here.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimawkward View Post
Hi all, I haven't posted here for awhile. Anyway, I decided to give Weight Watchers another try. So far, it's going ok. I'm doing 4.4lbs so far. That was over the course of 2 weeks. I am NOT happy about it whatsoever. For my size I feel like I should have lost way more.

Welcome to the thread.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #52  

Hi ladies, I am feeling a little better today, not great but better.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a cool pair of jeans, new tennis shoes and pretty blue tee shirt. I wanted to have a new outfit to wear to the closing tomorrow.

That's about it for now. Have a great Monday.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #53  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hello ladies! Just stopping in to say a quick hello! Things are okay with me and my family for the moment. That's always a relief these days.

Lisa: I hope your down mood gets better soon. As you mentioned, I bet it IS a letdown after ALL you have been doing to move on to the next phase of your life. You have been so busy that you haven't had time to feel much. And, even though this will be a very positive move for you (I believe), there is probably some grief to be felt in moving on and closing the chapter on one part of your life. Please be patient with yourself and try not to expect too much out of yourself during this transition. You have been through SO much in a relatively short time, beginning with the death of your mother... and then the house fire. My gosh, those are both HUGE life stressors! Anyone would experience some letdown after those events. Could you write your thoughts and feelings down in a journal... just to sort them out? Just wondering if that might help. Are you currently in therapy? I forget. That would help, too. And, as always, vent all you want here, as you tell us. We care so much about you and your well-being, and we want you to be happy!

That's all I have time for right now. Waving hello to everyone else! I am reading along. Just don't always have time to respond to everyone, and since I'm an all-or-nothing personality, I avoid posting at all if I can't address everyone personally. I'm going to try to change that going forward and just jump in and post.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #54  

I am madder than a hornet. My sister had a month to get her stuff out of the garage of my old house. Closing is tomorrow and the buyer wants her stuff out tomorrow.

The damn garage is still full. I am so pissed. She knew this was coming and now, she's crying to me on the phone saying I'm having a panic attack.

So now, here I am calling the movers, who moved my stuff, to see if they can get her in tomorrow. Jesus Christ. I'm not sure I have ever been this pissed. I took a clonazepam to help calm me.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #55  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa!! OH that sucks so much about your sister I hope so much the movers were able to get her stuff out before your closing today.

Thinking of you!! wearing your new jeans and pretty blue shirt and ALL best wishes and congratulations on the closing today!!

JesikaBeth we are thinking of you too, struggling with your grief.

and Hi to everyone else.

I am fighting almost every minute trying to stay positive when all I want to do is go to bed and pull the covers up. But I have to go to work, I have to shovel, I have to spread sand so I can get out of the driveway to go to work and do a brainless job...I am sick of stuffing myself into too-small clothes because I have gained and don't want to admit it...I am having a bad case of the "I don't care if tomorrow comes or not" and I am definitely in a poopy place
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello Friends,

Holly, it is almost March, the month that perks me, and probably you, out of our winter slump. If we get snow in March, I figure, this must be the end of it, April is coming. Your job is not worthless (although your boss seems to be) you are providing a service, and I am sure you are great at what you do. I know about the too-tight clothes AHHHH! BUT, I have learned from experience, the worst thing you can do is buy bigger clothes (because it will continue, bigger and bigger - been there, done that) or possibly worse, start wearing sweats. The year I retired I donated many of my work clothes - mainly suits, some slacks and jackets, and LIVED in sweatsuits for a year - BIG (in more ways than one) MISTAKE!!!

In my opinion, you need to start treating yourself as kindly as you treat the rest of us. Come on, perk up! Spring is coming! You will be on your motorcycle and back at your other job before you know it.

Lisa, I am so sorry your sister did not empty your garage. I hope it all worked out for you.

As far as your funk, Ithink I know how you feel. Sometimes when we reach a goal there is a bit of a let down because you have been so involved in reaching that goal, that now it seems like you have nothing to do. I was living in a condo in Boston after my major break-up and needed something. I bought a lot in this new development down the Cape, and spent my time choosing styles, colors, number of rooms, etc. I was down here every weekend checking progress, working with the developer, choosing appliances, etc. and thinking about it constantly.
When the house was finished, I had that let down feeling. I used this for weekends until I took early retirement, then sold my condo and moved here year round. The first year, after I realized half the people were snow birds and went to warmer climates, or these homes were there summer homes, I had a tough time - that was the year of the sweatsuit, eating, and I must admit drinking, way too much. I had to snap myself out of it -

Kathleen, I hope everything continues going smoothly for you.

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited by EasySpirit; 02-21-2017 at 05:55 PM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Hello ladies! Just stopping in to say a quick hello! Things are okay with me and my family for the moment. That's always a relief these days.

Lisa: I hope your down mood gets better soon. As you mentioned, I bet it IS a letdown after ALL you have been doing to move on to the next phase of your life. You have been so busy that you haven't had time to feel much. And, even though this will be a very positive move for you (I believe), there is probably some grief to be felt in moving on and closing the chapter on one part of your life. Please be patient with yourself and try not to expect too much out of yourself during this transition. You have been through SO much in a relatively short time, beginning with the death of your mother... and then the house fire. My gosh, those are both HUGE life stressors! Anyone would experience some letdown after those events. Could you write your thoughts and feelings down in a journal... just to sort them out? Just wondering if that might help. Are you currently in therapy? I forget. That would help, too. And, as always, vent all you want here, as you tell us. We care so much about you and your well-being, and we want you to be happy!

That's all I have time for right now. Waving hello to everyone else! I am reading along. Just don't always have time to respond to everyone, and since I'm an all-or-nothing personality, I avoid posting at all if I can't address everyone personally. I'm going to try to change that going forward and just jump in and post.
Hi Kathleen, it is sooooo wonderful to see you post. I miss you so much. The board isn't the same when you are busy in real life.

I am still in therapy, I go back on the 27th at 9 am. Even though I am doing pretty well handling life stuff, it's still really good for me to bounce ideas off her. She is really good for me.

You are right, I have had an incredibly busy year. Mom will be gone a year next month.

Much love to you, Kathleen.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 02-21-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa!! OH that sucks so much about your sister I hope so much the movers were able to get her stuff out before your closing today.

Thinking of you!! wearing your new jeans and pretty blue shirt and ALL best wishes and congratulations on the closing today!!

JesikaBeth we are thinking of you too, struggling with your grief.

and Hi to everyone else.

I am fighting almost every minute trying to stay positive when all I want to do is go to bed and pull the covers up. But I have to go to work, I have to shovel, I have to spread sand so I can get out of the driveway to go to work and do a brainless job...I am sick of stuffing myself into too-small clothes because I have gained and don't want to admit it...I am having a bad case of the "I don't care if tomorrow comes or not" and I am definitely in a poopy place
Holly, I did the best thing tonight. After a hellish day here, I took a short nap and then went clothes shopping.
Now albeit, I just hit Wal-Mart but got 3 pair of jeans and several shirts. I also got 2 pair of tennis shoes. The ones I bought yesterday were a smidge big so I went down a half size. The jeans I bought yesterday are too small too. I've decided instead of taking them back, I'm going to keep them in the trunk of my car for emergencies.

I started having trouble with my lap top just now. I think, think, I fixed it. The cursor was jumping around all over the screen. It was awful. I took the battery out for a minute and it restarted. Man, I hope it stays ok. I was scared to death my lap top was broken.

Holly, please don't feel bad that your clothes are tight. I went up a size, I had to buy bigger jeans and shirts. When you have fat rolls, you need shirts that flow, not tight ones. I am still going to try to get my weight down again but at least, for now, I am comfortable in my new clothes.

Just remember, you are never alone. The things you feel, we do too.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Hello Friends,

Holly, it is almost March, the month that perks me, and probably you, out of our winter slump. If we get snow in March, I figure, this must be the end of it, April is coming. Your job is not worthless (although your boss seems to be) you are providing a service, and I am sure you are great at what you do. I know about the too-tight clothes AHHHH! BUT, I have learned from experience, the worst thing you can do is buy bigger clothes (because it will continue, bigger and bigger - been there, done that) or possibly worse, start wearing sweats. The year I retired I donated many of my work clothes - mainly suits, some slacks and jackets, and LIVED in sweatsuits for a year - BIG (in more ways than one) MISTAKE!!!

In my opinion, you need to start treating yourself as kindly as you treat the rest of us. Come on, perk up! Spring is coming! You will be on your motorcycle and back at your other job before you know it.

Lisa, I am so sorry your sister did not empty your garage. I hope it all worked out for you.

As far as your funk, Ithink I know how you feel. Sometimes when we reach a goal there is a bit of a let down because you have been so involved in reaching that goal, that now it seems like you have nothing to do. I was living in a condo in Boston after my major break-up and needed something. I bought a lot in this new development down the Cape, and spent my time choosing styles, colors, number of rooms, etc. I was down here every weekend checking progress, working with the developer, choosing appliances, etc. and thinking about it constantly.
When the house was finished, I had that let down feeling. I used this for weekends until I took early retirement, then sold my condo and moved here year round. The first year, after I realized half the people were snow birds and went to warmer climates, or these homes were there summer homes, I had a tough time - that was the year of the sweatsuit, eating, and I must admit drinking, way too much. I had to snap myself out of it -

Kathleen, I hope everything continues going smoothly for you.

Hello to everyone else.
Hi Monica, I made it through today. I had to spend most of it with my sister and it is so hard for me. I was drained when I came home. I still am a little bit. I find myself yelling at the pets, they are being, pardon my french, little pains in the ***, especially Lily. My fuse is short today.

You are exactly right about why I am down. I focused so much the past few months on getting my life back.
Now, I am beyond blessed. After this week, I'll be able to move into my new place. Jennifer will be home on Sunday. I'll move in on Monday morning.

That is so sad that after you moved in, you realized the people situation was not so good. How are you now? Are you able to socialize?
The little area that I am moving too, and it is small, has 20 little bars. Some you can actually get to by boat. I am excited to get out and meet people.

I know we are not in real life, but we are always, always here for you.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hi. My wife and I are doing weight watchers. I just wanted to say hi!
Hi!!!
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote