Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #106  

Quote:
Lisa WOW you are kicking *** girl that would be cool if you did take some before/after pics, it helps your sense of acomplishment I think. So sorry to hear about the wasp sting!! hate those things.

My husband, sister and I had to clean out our father's condo when he passed, so I have a small idea of the huge task you are doing. I was wondering, when you have to throw stuff out, do you have curbside pickup? or have to take it somewhere? A huge part of the clean up process is the 'getting rid' part! sorry to hear Jennifer did not do a good job on her part . That's disappointing.

It broke my heart a little bit when you said that you hoped Jennifer would realize some day, how much you love her maybe she doesn't show it but I know she does!!! how could she not
I didn't go today, Holly. I'm tired again. I have a therapy appt tomorrow in town, I'll just swing by the house and do some work. I'll also try to remember to take pics.

I have a big welt on my stomach where I got stung.

I do have a couple of Jennifer's larger toys that i am going to give away. Not sure where, but I'll find someone.

Have a great Sunday night and Monday, Holly.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #107  

I have a plan on what to do with the left hand side of the big bedroom. It's mostly boxes. I'm just going to rearrange the room so it much neater. I'm not even going to try to go through the boxes, at this point. There's not a ton of them, really but too many to go through them right now. I'll sign them, "stay" so the cleaners know the boxes don't leave the house. I sat down last night and made a list of everything I am marking "stay." Taping a big piece of paper with duct tape on them works.

That's my plan.

I do need to work on Jennifer's room and the green bedroom tomorrow but I think by rethinking the big bedroom, I've saved a lot of time.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
We're back from our cruise! We had so much fun and heard so much awesome music!!! I don't have time for personals right now, but just wanted to pop in to read all of the posts and get caught up and say hello.
Great to see you, Kathleen. Come back and post soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Lisa, I know what a big job it is to empty a house! Where are you going to store your possessions until you decide where you are going to live? When we sold our parents' house, I cleaned out three rooms in the attic - college books, Halloween costumes, old luggage, etc. and only left furniture. One of my sisters hired someone to clean out the basement. When this man saw the furniture in the living room, he asked my sister what we were going to do with the furniture, and my sister told him he could have anything he wanted. He took a bedroom set and two reclining chairs. We then had Salvation Army come for some some furniture and St. Vincent dePaul for the rest. We put anything they did not want on the curb, and it was snatched right up! Children's table and chairs, lamps, filing cabinets - we were amazed as it is not that busy a street.

How are things coming with your mother's house? Is your sister going to move out of it, or is she going to buy it from the rest of you?

Hello to everyone else. I hope you are doing well.
Monica, I'm going to get a storage unit until I find a place to live. Hate to do it but I really dont have a choice. They buyer wants the house emptied.

I am keeping:

UPSTAIRS
2 twin beds (very old, I slept in them when I was a girl.)
1 cherry bedroom suit (my mom's)
2 black end tables and 1 coffee table (had them a long time)
1 dresser (matches twin beds)
boxes
trash bags (important stuff)

DOWNSTAIRS
1 tall chest for TV
1 end table
1 antique table
1 large mirror

Monica, my sister will move out after mom's house is sold.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 01-22-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #109  

Everyone else, I hope you had a great weekend.

I have a therapy appt in the morning. I'm feeling pretty good but it'll be nice to talk.

I should hear when the house is getting cleaned out, sometime this week.

Hopefully, signing the contract this week, too.

Keeping my fingers crossed, think good thoughts that these things happen soon.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi all just wanted to say "Hi".. I hope that everyone is doing well. It was found that I was rather low on vitamin D last I went to the doctor's and I have been taking a good liquid supplement now for almost a month. I hope to see some change! In a way I already have... my depression has "upgraded" to steady irritability...lol

Vitmain D should help with depression as low D can help cause it. I was so fatigued for so long! I wonder how long I was low.

Last edited by snapple; 01-23-2017 at 07:18 AM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:20 AM   #111  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi snapple!!

Lisa - fingers crossed for you, about contract, about things going well for you

and fingers crossed for everyone to be okay

Ice storm here, coating of ice about 1/4 " thick on everything outside. Going to call work and see if they absolutely have to have me there today ...I'm at an upper elevation and it's NOT FUN traveling to work when it's like this.

talk to you all tonight I hope
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
Hi all just wanted to say "Hi".. I hope that everyone is doing well. It was found that I was rather low on vitamin D last I went to the doctor's and I have been taking a good liquid supplement now for almost a month. I hope to see some change! In a way I already have... my depression has "upgraded" to steady irritability...lol

Vitmain D should help with depression as low D can help cause it. I was so fatigued for so long! I wonder how long I was low.

Snapple, so glad to see you posting again. I hope you continue to improve and feel better soon.

This might have nothing to do with youe depression but you might try a SAD light.

Once again, it's great to see you.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hi snapple!!

Lisa - fingers crossed for you, about contract, about things going well for you

and fingers crossed for everyone to be okay

Ice storm here, coating of ice about 1/4 " thick on everything outside. Going to call work and see if they absolutely have to have me there today ...I'm at an upper elevation and it's NOT FUN traveling to work when it's like this.

talk to you all tonight I hope

Hi Holly, I hate ice storms. I am always scared that lines will go down and we will lose electricity. That scares me the most when we get them.

Thanks Holly, I am in limbo here, continue to wait for things to fall into place.

I hope this post finds you all well and happy.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:15 AM   #114  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Holly, your boss is something else! I did a pro bono case once that was a group of coffee shop employees against their boss taking their tips, and I won! He had to pay much more than he got, because the judge agreed that there was no way to tell how much he had taken.
That is so kewl that you took the case pro bono and won for them!

Quote:
As far as the eye doctor goes, I have used this method - phone them and say something to the effect of, "I have been having issues with my phone, and I am not sure who phoned, so I thought it best to call again "- then state your case. Do not give them time to say they called or did not call, and they will probably be relieved and be accomodating. It works for me!
That is an extremely tactful way to handle that situation, Monica! I will definitely remember that method for the future. Unfortunately I didn't see it in time before I called them again but I was NOT reproachful or anything.

However I was not happy with their answer. The receptionist did call back and said something to the effect of 'the doctor hasn't had a chance yet' or 'the doctor has been too busy'. I don't like either one I interpreted as either, my request was misplaced or overlooked; OR if he really is 'too busy', then his patient caseload is too heavy. I would like to see this surgeon because, I already visited their office once for an exam; plus it is easy to get to ("only" 25 miles away instead of 35+ for others) but I don't want to be kept waiting for days/weeks! Already each night's drive home is not comfortable when it's dry and clear and horrible when the roads are wet or snowy.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #115  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Hi Holly, I hate ice storms. I am always scared that lines will go down and we will lose electricity. That scares me the most when we get them.

Thanks Holly, I am in limbo here, continue to wait for things to fall into place.

I hope this post finds you all well and happy.
Yesterday's drive to work was OK, the roads were just super slushy. But we still have the coating of ice on everything, at least we haven't lost power yet. I did fill one of our big cooking pots with water and filled a couple gallon jugs just in case we do lose power. We have our own well but of course it runs on electricity. The toilet is good for a couple flushes . We are fortunate to have a heat source that is not affected by power loss, it's a direct vent gas heater. We have lots of flashlights and lanterns too. We used to lose power all the time, before the power company did lots of preventive cutting back of trees, so we are prepared for the worst but glad it hasn't happened!

I hope so much that all your pieces fall gently into place Lisa

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-25-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #116  
Biker Chick!

Yesterday's ice coating made a tree limb break and fall into the road between our place and the douchebag neighbor's. I haven't gone out to look closely and see if it was a tree that is ours or their's (right on the property line). Either someone from the road department, or one of the workers next door got it out of the road. If it is 'our' tree, then I really don't care if the neighbor's workers took care of it, because I guess it comes with the territory of building so *****ng close to us

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-25-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #117  
Biker Chick!

Ugh, me again. The eye doctor's office did call me back this morning, saying the doctor did look at my records and they were ready to make an appointment for me. The first available appointment? MARCH 30 wtf???? i accepted it, then was so overcome with despair that I went back to bed, at 11 a.m. To, you know, just escape life for a while. Just got up an hour ago.

I had wanted to stick with this doctor as I've already seen him once, and I know how to get to his office. That is a big deal, with this crappy vision, to be familiar with where I'm going. But decided, that is bullcrap! to make someone wait 2 months??

I just called a big outfit that is farther away, near the 'big city' (for us that's still small lol) and they gave me an appointment NEXT WEEK This is the visit that will determine which eye to do first, the measurements for the IOL (intraocular lens) and what type of lens. And I realize that I wouldnt even be driving by myself, because my eyes will be dilated for this exam, and the day of the surgery, I can't drive myself either. I didn't want to bother my husband, as he works at night and sleeps during the day, but he assured me it will work out.

and I called back the first office, to say that I was 'appreciative' (yeah right) of the appointment 2 months away, but I needed something sooner and made arrangements with someone else. ANd the receptionist didn't even TRY to get me back. Well I guess they have all the business they need.

And at first I was stressing about how to pay for this, I pay alot for Blue Cross/Blue Shield ($440 a month for myself!!) and a big deductible $4500...the surgery per eye will be at least $3000 . But I have good credit and I will put it on a credit card and pay it off diligently.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #118  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello!

Holly: So happy that you are moving forward with your cataract surgery. And glad you were able to get an appointment SO much earlier at the new place. March 30th for 1st available appointment is crazy!!! You need to get this ball rolling! I hope you will like the doctor you see next week. Please let us know how things go. And do be careful on your icy roads! Our Ohio weather has been pretty mild lately, so I can't complain. But I must admit that I miss the really warm temps from the cruise!

Lisa: How are things going with the house? You mentioned that you were hoping to get a signed contract this week and maybe have the cleaners come. Please give us an update when you get a chance. You are doing so much work going through everything in the house. You should be so proud of all that you have accomplished! How has your eating been? I know you had made a lot of progress in that area and I'm hoping that you've been able to maintain it while you've been so busy with the house. The place you posted at Indian Lake looks cute. Have you thought any more about places at the lake? You have really been dealing with a lot, Lisa, and you are doing a great job, I think! Big hugs to you!

Monica: You always have good advice and wisdom for all of us. How have YOU been? We really had a good time on our cruise. My daughter pretty much camped out on one floor in the ship where she saw the country music stars daily, so she had a blast! We heard so much good music and got to know some of the bands better, so we have some new favorites now. The music was definitely the highlight of the cruise, as we expected. My son is doing well so far in school. Thank God! I hope and pray things continue to improve for him. He is in such a better place now than he was a year ago. And I am SO thankful! I hope all is well with you.

Coop, JessikaBeth, & snapple: Waving hello to all of you!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #119  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Update

I think I mentioned that I had to have a uterine ultrasound and possible biopsy right before we left for our cruise. I am SO incredibly relieved and happy to report that the ultrasound looked so good/normal that the doctor didn't even need to do a biopsy!!! Hip-hip-hooray!!!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #120  

Hi friends,

Holly, I am so glad you were able to find a Dr for your eyes. Get an eye done so you can see a bit better. Keep us updated. We want you healthy and happy.

Quote:
Lisa, How are things going with the house? You mentioned that you were hoping to get a signed contract this week and maybe have the cleaners come. Please give us an update when you get a chance. You are doing so much work going through everything in the house. You should be so proud of all that you have accomplished! How has your eating been? I know you had made a lot of progress in that area and I'm hoping that you've been able to maintain it while you've been so busy with the house. The place you posted at Indian Lake looks cute. Have you thought any more about places at the lake? You have really been dealing with a lot, Lisa, and you are doing a great job, I think! Big hugs to you!
Hi Kathleen,

How great was your cruise? i have never been on one. Honestly, they don't really appeal to me, I'd rather go to a destination and vaca there. When I have the money, I am going to England for a vacation.

The man who is clearing my house is supposed to call me in the morning, so that we can meet. I'm also going to work on the big bedroom upstairs. I have lots of boxes to go through still. This should be the last bedroom, half of it that is, that needs cleaned by me. I hope he calls me like he's supposed to.

I am doing my best, Kathleen. I have accomplished so much in the past 7 days. I am starting to get kinda sad now. I haven't been until tonight. Just feelings I will have to come to terms with.

Have a great Wed night. It's almost time for me to get some rest. Sleep well, friends.