Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #31  
full of thanks

Hi ladies, neither of my devices are charging, I'm screwed. I won't beable to post for a while. I will be back, once I get my chargers fixed.

My mri was fine. Just bad arthritis. I got cortizone shots in both knees. I can actually walk now.

I'll be back posting asap. Hold down the fort. Much love to all.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:55 PM   #32  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Red face Holly

Holly: I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so down right now. You are usually the perkiest one of us all, but I am so glad that you felt comfortable posting your honest feelings. Sometimes you just need to vent and I'm glad you did. The construction next door and the obstruction of your view must really suck! Do you know how long this construction will last? At least you know that it will eventually come to an end, but the obstructed view you will just have to eventually get used to, as Coop said. Sad but true. You tend to always get sad this time of year though, remember? So with the added stress of the construction, it just makes things that much worse. I wish there was something I could say to make things better. Just please know that we are here to listen and that we care about you! And I do think Coop had a good idea to plan a getaway or even a few nights out on the town (to a concert or just a nice dinner or something) to give you something to look forward to. That is so important, especially when you feel as though you don't have anything to look forward to! Hang in there, Holly! We love you!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

Holly: I know its not the best thing but I've always found books or tv a great way to get lost in another world. Just don't be like me and binge watch an entire season.

Lisa: I'm glad your MRI was okay.

It's gotten a lot better around here. My husband put his foot down and basically told everyone no. I was a bit more wishy washy but that's usually the case. I just always thought that I would be willing to help family if ever needed but it was just too much at one time. Other than that its really calmed down around here. I tried to get my toddler (20 month old) sit for Halloween pictures...did not happen. We are re-trying today. Hopefully it works better.

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 10-24-2016 at 06:42 AM.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:02 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning,

I haven't posted in some time - occasionally I meant to, then realized I did not have time for a long one. I am awake early this morning because my dog had to go outside - apparently to check on a noise.

Kathleen, I am hoping and praying for your son - I know how difficult the situation can be when you are dealing with that in your family. In my case, (both cases) did get better with time.

Lisa, how is your house coming along? Did you find a contractor to oversee the job? What is new with the sale of your mother's house?

Holly, I get the same type feelings this time of year. I love living on the Cape, there is not usually as much snow as elsewhere in New England, but once September comes, it is very isolated. Many people live here only in the summer; some of my favorite stores and restaurants close on Columbus Day and reopen in Spring. And, of course, it seems like there is a very short amount of sunlight each day. I built this house when I still lived and worked in Boston; then, when I took early retirement, I sold my Boston condo (possibly a mistake) and moved here year-round. Right now the weather is absolutely beautiful, but I am not fully enjoying it because I know what is coming next.

I also dread the holidays; I live alone and have many friends, but the holidays are tough - I go to a sister's house in the Boston area and feel I spend the time trying to fit in and watching the time for when I can escape. This sister and her husband are planning to retire in the Spring and move to the house they have in South Carolina -for the past few years I have worried about where I will go for holidays. Although I really do not enjoy them, at least I had a place to go and catch up with my nieces and nephews. My siblings are not close; I am closest to a cousin who spends her winters in Florida. So, although it is only two days of the year, I dread Thanksgiving and Christmas throughout the year.

Two winters ago, with all the snow, was one of my worst. I was depressed most of the time. Last year I kept waiting for the bad weather to descend, but I realized I could not stand another season of doom and gloom. So, I made a long list of things I needed or wanted to do. I exercised every day, which helped the weight, which made me want to watch my diet. (nothing gets to me more than the eat/gain weight/ fail at a diet/ eat cycle.) My list included things like Go through the recipes I had torn from magazines or gotten from friends and try them; join a book club; clean and organize every kitchen cabinet and drawer, one each day; go through my clothes; read books I loved as a teenager; watch every movie that is nominated for an Emmy; paint a room; go to yardsales and buy an old dresser and paint it crazy colors for the garage or basement or mudroom. I also bought knitting needles and got back to knitting; I started volunteering at the public library, and I took some day trips from the local YMCA. Those things and similar ones got me through last winter in good emotional shape and without gaining weight.

Hello to everyone else.

Easy Spirit (Monica)
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:16 PM   #35  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Holly: Hang in there, Holly! We love you!
aw, thank you so much Kathleen you did make me feel better. Yes you are right I always do feel down this time of year, and the situation next door just made it sooooo much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
And I have sympathy for your views changing after so long. You do get used to the change, but it takes a year or so.
oh gosh I respect this to be true, but it's so hard isn't it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyLeprechaun View Post
Holly: I know its not the best thing but I've always found books or tv a great way to get lost in another world. Just don't be like me and binge watch an entire season.

thank you for your suggestion and I am glad your husband said something and put his foot down. You had SO much to deal with!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Last year I kept waiting for the bad weather to descend, but I realized I could not stand another season of doom and gloom. So, I made a long list of things I needed or wanted to do. ...Those things and similar ones got me through last winter in good emotional shape and without gaining weight.

Hello to everyone else.

Easy Spirit (Monica)
thank you Monica! You tackled your depression head on and beat it that winter. I admire that so much!! I totally respect the exercise every day suggestion and hope to do that!!

and Lisa - hope your devices behave and you can post soon!! and hope your knee pain goes AWAY.

I am much better...I have to try to remember that even when I feel so hopeless and sad and dismal, that it WILL get better. Just hard to see it at the time.

On Sunday I went back to bed during the day which you know is one of my very bad winter habits..then I MADE myself get up, get into workout clothes and did a workout!! I told myself that there are so many things in my life that I can not control, but working out is one thing I CAN control. And I have no excuse physically, I'm not missing any limbs or have any disease. I felt better right away just by doing that.

Was too sore to try a workout yesterday, but did one today!! AND went outside in the SLEET and raked the yard. It was looking so unkempt, and all summer I had kept it so manicured, so raking leaves made it look better and made me feel better, and after I do something physical like yard work or housework, I feel validated.

My husband and I decided that we have to tell the people next door, that THEY need to pay for landscaping. Today we checked out silver pines, and decided on at least 6 7' pines and two lilacs. Cost of the trees will be around $1500, and hiring someone to plant them will probably be another $500. I think $2000 if extremely fair for them to cover. Now I just have to have the courage to call and tell them.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:07 AM   #36  
Biker Chick!

Hey all the day after I posted the above message, I got up my courage and called the owner/building lady in NJ, spoke of the trees, suggested even fewer trees because I could tell she didn't like the idea (cost of all would have been under $1200) and she balked. Said she would have to discuss it with her husband, and says snidely "I guess these things come with never ending price tags". I'm sure the land and building is over a quarter of a million yet she says that. The next day I went to the Zoning officer with my typed up research and concerns, the main one that they are in violation of the height cap, and he said he would check it out.

Yesterday he called and said, yes. They are in violation. They have purposely built 4 1/2 feet higher than they should. They submitted plans to show 30 ft. but they built to 34 1/2. They were given a Cease and Desist and are being fined $100 a day until they begin to fix the problem. Which is, either cutting off 4 1/2 feet from the top of the building, or bringing in fill to raise their whole property 4 1/2 feet. Either one is a nightmare for them. Both logistically and financially. Well they chose to skirt the law and are paying the price. Jeez, think of they had agreed in the beginning to some nice landscaping, it would have cost them under $1500.

and I can't imagine the anger and hated they are probably feeling towards us, but I ... don't... care. You chose to break the zoning law, you deal.

Already, one workman, who was there to pick up his stuff I guess. was giving us the finger each time he walked into our view. Too bad you work for scofflaws, buddy.

On a positive note I have worked out for 5 days out of 6 in the past week!! Havne't been able to curb my eating, because I've been so worked up with the crap next door, but at least I'm trying to get back some strength and flexibility .

Today is my last day of freedom, go back full time to the R@t B@st@rd tomorrow.

WEather has been so crummy, highs in the day barely to 40, rain or spitting snow. My flowers are all dead.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:37 AM   #37  

Holly, that's shocking! Did they actually tell them it was you that raised the concerns? Surely that should be kept confidential? Just purely to avoid things like the workmen giving you the finger every time they see you! I really hope it doesn't escalate beyond that.

I can't believe they took the risk to go 4.5' over either... Good on you for reporting it! That sort of things really annoys me.

Good luch starting back with the r@t b@stard next week!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:10 AM   #38  
Biker Chick!

Hi Coop - I'm not sure if they Zoning officer told them it was us, he could have just said 'there are concerns' but as we're the only fly in their ointment, I'm pretty sure they know it was us. The one finger salute is not great but as long as it doesn't escalate, like you said, it is endurable. There are 4 or 5 people there right now banging and hammering, hopefully it is adaptive hammering, because the Zoning guy said he was going to be watching them.

I start back for the RB today at the very least it will be a distraction for my mind from next door!

Hello to everyone
Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #39  

Hi ladies,

Yes, I had to join the board again. I couldn't figure out my password, this is the second time I've had to do this. I rejoined and wrote my password down in my calendar book, which I keep in my purse. I did try to get a hold of the person who runs the board but never heard back. I didn't have a choice but to rejoin.

My knees are better, much better. Every once in a while they will pop and crack or have shooting pains but that is a 1000% better than how they were a few weeks ago.

Holly, stand straight, keep that chin up and know that we are always here for you. We love you so much.

Monica, no, I haven't found a contractor yet. My phone is not on right now, I can't make calls.

Jennifer is letting me use her computer, btw.

I'm kinda out of it today so I'm sorry if I missed anyone's posts to me.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-01-2016 at 11:15 AM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote