Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #16  

Well I feel a bit emotional today, I don't know what's up. I think now I've realised there is something wrong, the emotion I've been ignoring is coming out a bit. Or something like that... Not really sure how to deal with it. I'd normally put on a weepy film, but these days they don't work so well as they used to.

I've become interested in finding something sociable to do on my weekends while the OH is caring for his dad. My OH is here during the week (Mon-Thur), but I can get through much of the weekend without talking to anyone except the person on the checkout at the supermarket, and "oh, that's a good price" isn't great conversation!

I wondered whether to try some counselling. Although it's a short term solution, I've found it helpful in the past. My other thought was to find a cancer carer's support group. I know I'm not caring for my OH's dad directly, but it might help me to know what support he needs, and to have somewhere to talk about it openly.

I've even just been thinking about joining a knitting group, or there's a local woman's library that might run some activities. I don't really know what else to try - any thoughts?
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #17  

Lisa - I never considered bed bugs! How nasty... Not surprised you don't want to go second hand...

I've rented so many furnished flats, I'm so used to not being the first to sit on a certain couch, but the one I was looking forward to above anything was getting my own bed and mattress.

By the way, I hope your knee is feeling a bit better now
Old 07-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #18  
full of thanks

Coop, yes, my knee is so much better, thank you. Standing can still be tricky but it is tons better.

I've had a difficult day today. I have felt myself on the verge of tears all afternoon. I'm just scared to move. Scared to leave Jennifer. What am I going to do without my precious girl? i Know she's a grown young woman but I love her so damn much.

I hope you all had a better than I did.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #19  
full of thanks

Greetings,

I feel a lot better today, not so sad. Yesterday sucked. Today, I am getting a lot done. I've gone through a crap load of garbage bags of clothes. I am throwing mine out, they are musty smelling. Besides, they are my skinny clothes so I am getting rid of them. I have about 5 or 6 bags of stinky clothes and trash out on my front porch. Wed is trash day.

I feel quite content. I forget how you feel when you accomplish a lot. I did really good today.

Thats about it. Have a great day.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 07-11-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #20  

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well! It's been quiet around here, but I hope it's because you're all off doing nice things

I'm still a bit emotional, but at least sleeping a bit better. I have been trying to tick off a few more stresses, and knitting to get some of it out. Two days left at work, then a long weekend before I start my new job.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well

I just wanted to check in...

Having a hard time lately, and been eating more than what I'm comfortable with (although not too much, but just more than usual.)

My mom is having heart surgery on Monday and it's pretty serious. She's also a dialysis patient. We do not have a good relationship, and haven't been talking much due to that. She's still my mom, though, and I'm concerned and scared
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Greetings,

I feel a lot better today, not so sad. Yesterday sucked. Today, I am getting a lot done. I've gone through a crap load of garbage bags of clothes. I am throwing mine out, they are musty smelling. Besides, they are my skinny clothes so I am getting rid of them. I have about 5 or 6 bags of stinky clothes and trash out on my front porch. Wed is trash day.

I feel quite content. I forget how you feel when you accomplish a lot. I did really good today.

Thats about it. Have a great day.
Accomplishment is a great feeling!!!

Have a great day
Old 07-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #23  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well! It's been quiet around here, but I hope it's because you're all off doing nice things

I'm still a bit emotional, but at least sleeping a bit better. I have been trying to tick off a few more stresses, and knitting to get some of it out. Two days left at work, then a long weekend before I start my new job.
What's your new job? Yay for the upcoming weekend!!!

Old 07-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #24  
full of thanks

It must be something in the water because i'm emotional too, very frustrated.

I know in my head that I have to be patient and let life work it's magic so that I can move. Today, I am struggling with that whole patience thing. I want to know when I'm moving so that I can have something to look forward to. I want to know when my mom's house is going to sell. I'm rather a mess today. My hands are shaking.

I have done some stuff around here but I have sooooooo much to accomplish before I can leave. I need to keep going through stuff. My next move is to lease a storage unit. Instead of moving around all this crap, I'm going to start taking stuff to the storage unit and get it out of the way.

I really am a mess, so fricking frustrated.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #25  

Sorry everyone is having such a hard time. Today is a down day for me

I'm at work and still have 6 hours to go... just wish I were home, cuddled in my bed with my blanket.

Food wise, I'm doing ok. Just feeling meh.

Here's to a better tomorrow for all of us Hugs!
Old 07-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #26  

Arrow

Quote:
Well I feel a bit emotional today, I don't know what's up. I think now I've realised there is something wrong, the emotion I've been ignoring is coming out a bit. Or something like that... Not really sure how to deal with it. I'd normally put on a weepy film, but these days they don't work so well as they used to.

I've become interested in finding something sociable to do on my weekends while the OH is caring for his dad. My OH is here during the week (Mon-Thur), but I can get through much of the weekend without talking to anyone except the person on the checkout at the supermarket, and "oh, that's a good price" isn't great conversation!

I wondered whether to try some counselling. Although it's a short term solution, I've found it helpful in the past. My other thought was to find a cancer carer's support group. I know I'm not caring for my OH's dad directly, but it might help me to know what support he needs, and to have somewhere to talk about it openly.

I've even just been thinking about joining a knitting group, or there's a local woman's library that might run some activities. I don't really know what else to try - any thoughts?
Have you looked at meetup.com

??
Old 07-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #27  

Jessica, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's heart surgery. It must be tough with a rocky relationship, but it won't make it easier. I am sending best wishes she pulls through ok!

Not surprised you're comfort eating! But glad your doing better today.

My new job is similar to what I'm doing now - I'm in the water industry, but just now I do the pipeline part, and the new job will be doing the treatment part. Looking forward to trying something different.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #28  

Lisa - well done for the big clear out! It's great to see how excited you are about the move, I just hope you can sort your mom's estate soon. Is the house on the market?
Old 07-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Have you looked at meetup.com

??
Yeah, I've had a look, but not sure what to go for. My badminton group is through meetup, I can see a knitting group that might work. I'm not the most confident at just going out to new groups though, so people that just meet up for dinner would be too scary!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #30  
full of thanks

Quote:
Lisa - well done for the big clear out! It's great to see how excited you are about the move, I just hope you can sort your mom's estate soon. Is the house on the market?

Hi Coop, good to see you.

Yeah, I'm really excited to move but no, my mom's house is not on the market yet. We've got some improvements to do yet. That is why I am so frustrated. I want to get this on the road. It's a nice house but needs updating. The good thing about it is where it is, it's in the country with 3/4 of an acre.

Jennifer is coming later tonight to take the cats. I laid down and called Ruby, she came running like she always does for me. She laid down in the crook of my arm, I stroked and stroked her and cried. It makes me so sad. I told her never to forget me and that I love her so much. I'm not as close to Felix, Ruby has lived here with me for 3 years. Jennifer is her mommy but I adore her and Ruby loves me. I know this is the next step to moving, I can't take all the cats with me but losing Ruby is beyond hard. Leo Bug and Elvira are staying with me so I won't be alone.

Have great day, everyone.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 07-14-2016 at 03:03 PM.