Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-01-2016, 03:22 AM   #106  

Lisa, I'm sorry - I missed your post about the hallmark job (since they updated the site, it sometimes jumps posts if I'm on my phone). Sorry it didm't work out, but best of luck with your interview on the 4th.

Holly, I'm sorry things with the family are still tense, but glad they are calming down a bit. Unfortunately your son is at one of those ages where he will make bad decisions, but I suppose he'll learn some important life lessons, and I'm glad your there to support him!

The job situation is strange, but I won't go into it here - I always get so paranoid about sharing these things online, just in case someone can trace it back to me. I know the chances are so slim, but I can't help it!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #107  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
well I am so glad you could check in with us Lisa Hey it's OK, I remember when YOU held this thread together, posting daily without anyone else, it's OK for you to fade back if you need!!

so sorry to hear of your back pain best wishes towards the alternate plan.

and HI to everyone else

Well the stupid snow finally melted all away yesterday yet it did not get over 45 degrees...and today it stayed darned cold til about 1 pm, when I made myself go outside and cut down some more trees, that warmed me up then I dug up some clumps of daylilies and put them in places where I needed them.

I have been enjoying my time off SO VERY MUCH Some days I don't accomplish anything except my workout and I am OK with that!! because other days I'm in overdrive.

Still eating too much but am doing at least a 30 minute HIIT cardio workout (5 min warmup, 20 min. cardio, 5 min stretch) and some days I'm inspired to try this lady Shelly Dose, she's on youtube and I LOVE her workouts, she is so energetic, smile-ly, and has pulsing pounding beat music that is SO fun to work out to.

Haven't been on motorcycle for over a week because its been too $*&6@*! cold! even today, with sun but barely 60 degrees, that's too chilly for me. I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, I guess.

Still haven't researched new recipes for summer job because as soon as I start reading about pastries, cakes, etc. my stomach starts growling! really. and then I'm afraid I'll binge on something. Yeah maybe time to find a different occupation

that's what's going on with me Have a good day!!

Holly,

I know what you are saying about my stepping back from posting, that it is ok but I'm afraid if I slow down on my posting, the thread might slowly die.

I will keep posting, I will make myself.

Much love to you, Holly.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 05-01-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:39 PM   #108  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Snow and cold here too! Whatever happened to Spring? It's nearly May!

Have developed a nasty pain in my gums today, spreading pain through half my face. Typical of it to come on a Friday - my dentist is closed til Tuesday...

Hope everyone is keeping warm and well

Coop,

I am so sorry your gums are hurting. Toothaches are the worst. I've had them before and they can be agony.

I hope that you find someway to handle the pain until you can get help on Tuesday.

Much love to you, Coop.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 05-01-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:43 PM   #109  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
Lisa - I like that you try and check in. I know it must be hard....

Holly - Keep posting. I'm sure we're all reading, just can't check in.

Everyone else - Hi!

Weight continues to fall off. I'm enjoying being in control of something in my life even if its just food. Lead my life too long reacting and letting things happen. I'd like to take this new found control and spread it into other parts of my life. I ask myself why i can finally control my diet, but I don't know. Maybe its the right time or maybe watching the pounds fall off is my motivation. I'm visiting my parents next week for a long weekend with my daughter. They will be proud of me because they hound me about my weight.

Thanks All!
purplecow,

I am so happy for you. Losing weight is so hard and you are having success. That is wonderful.

i need to get busy and lose some weight, I keep procrastinating.

Much love to you, purplecow.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 05-01-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #110  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Hello Everyone! I have been reading along but really had nothing new to post. We are at our lake house for the weekend, so my son went home to our main home. He will come back up here when we go home tomorrow. This has been the case the past 3 weekends. I miss him like crazy, but I have to admit that the distance seems to be helping everyone to calm down and get along better. I still worry about him a lot and think he has a lot of work to do on his mental health and he needs to make better decisions with how he spends his time. I am trying not to nag him when I do see him briefly or talk with him, but some of his decisions are just questionable right now. Mostly, I miss him and pray for him and hug him tightly when I do see him. That's all I can really do for now.

Lisa: I am so sorry you are still going through such a rough time. And too bad that the Hallmark job didn't work out. I am confident that you will find a good job as a home health aid again. Hopefully it will be someone way less demanding than your last client. Maybe it will be therapeutic for you to take care of someone again. Best of luck with your interview on May 4th! Please let us know how it goes. But please don't feel pressure to post here. As Holly said, you have held this group together and I am so grateful to you for that. Just post as your time and energy allows. And you can just say "hello... I'm still around and checking in" if that's all you can muster up. Or just "hi!" Above all, please take good care of yourself! You matter! ❤

Holly: You are kicking some serious butt with your yard work and your workouts!!! I am in awe of your energy and determination! Please send some of that my way!!! I am so happy that you are enjoying your time off. Hope your weather will permit you to get out on your bike again soon!

Coop: Congratulations on the weight loss! That's what this group is all about after all. Please feel free to bounce the job offer situation off of us here... or not. We are in your corner and hoping for the best for you!

purplecow: That is so awesome that the pounds are falling off!!! Interesting that you aren't sure how this came about. Please do share any insights that come to you with us. I am so jealous and wish I could get control over my eating consistently again and see the pounds fall off as well. I am still holding out hope that I will get there!

catinhat: Are you okay? We haven't heard from you in awhile. I am hoping everything is okay with your job and on your farm. Please check in when you get a chance!

Waving hello to everyone else! Hope all is well with everyone!
Kathleen,

I really do appreciate that you all understand about my bouts of quietness. Most of it is that I don't have much to say about real life. I am a little in limbo, it is all I can do to keep my mood stable. Some days I'm ok, other days down.

I'll be ok in time.

Much love to you.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 05-01-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #111  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Lisa, I'm sorry - I missed your post about the hallmark job (since they updated the site, it sometimes jumps posts if I'm on my phone). Sorry it didm't work out, but best of luck with your interview on the 4th.

Holly, I'm sorry things with the family are still tense, but glad they are calming down a bit. Unfortunately your son is at one of those ages where he will make bad decisions, but I suppose he'll learn some important life lessons, and I'm glad your there to support him!

The job situation is strange, but I won't go into it here - I always get so paranoid about sharing these things online, just in case someone can trace it back to me. I know the chances are so slim, but I can't help it!

HI Coop,

Yes, my job with Hallmark didn't work out. I really did try. I was in agony and I only was able to work 2 hours. My back has arthritis in it, as do my hips. Degenerative arthritis. That is one more reason for me to lose some weight. I feel that I can, I just need to stop procrastinating.

I hope you had a good weekend. Much love to you, Coop.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 05-01-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello,

Lisa, if the Hallmark job was the one where they change cards for each season and restock the racks, I can certainly understand the lifting and bending being too much for anyone with a back problem. Heck, I think that kind of job could lead to a back problem in anyone who did not have one. Trust me, you will feel better with time....nothing but time works on grief in my opinion. Exercise really helped me, too, especially swimming at the YMCA.

And, Lisa, please post even if nothing new is going on. Even when I don't post, I follow along. Heck, I followed along for more than a year before I joined! You can always tell us how your favorite teams are doing, how Jennifer is, etc. (My Red Sox are now in first place!)

Holly, I can't wait to hear the descriptions of your baking creations when your summer job starts! Right now I have sugar-free, flourless peanut-butter cookies in the oven - this should be something! I am trying modified South Beach again - doing okay on no sugar at this time.

Kathleen, I think you are smart to keep handling your family situation just the way you are. Please take time for yourself; you are not that far out from surgery. Maybe a mani/pedi or massage or facial? Any of those help me. I pm'd you again.

Coop and PurpleCow, congratulations on the weight loss. I really hope to join you in dropping pounds! I want to fit comfortably into the clothes I bought last year when this summer finally arrives.

The weather here has been cold, raw and rainy. But, after the winter of 2014-15, I am not complaining.

Fi, if you are around, please let us know how you are. You are in my thoughts.

Hello to everyone else. It is wonderful to see the thread so active again.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #113  

It's May! Should we start a new thread? I'm not sure how!

Monica - the cookies sound good! It's amazing what you can do without sugar/flour.

Lisa - don't feel guilty for not posting at all! I'm useless at posting, as my updates most days would be 'woke up, worked, ate dinner, slept', so I just read along half the time. Let us know how Jennifer is doing, and how your lovely dogs are! I love hearing about peoples pets.

Saw my dentist today, it's just wisdom teeth on the move. Some painkillers have helped ease the worst of the pain, so I feel more positive again. Teeth are so small, but they really do cause so much bother!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote