Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #1  
Student and Weight Loser

S/C/G: 218/214.6/170

Height: 5"1.5"

Arrow NEED HELP!!!! ------> Anhedonia/Abilify Problems

I recently started going Abilify 5mg daily one week ago. I started it after going to my doctor and telling her that I was wavering between feeling blank and like I can't care about anything or connect to other people, and feeling extremely depressed and anxious. I have suffered anxiety and depression for years (diagnosed) but she thought I may be bipolar so I got the option of three different meds. At first we tried Vyvanse, which made me productive but way too anxious. It did however fix a lot of my anhedonia. The Abilify felt great about 3/4 days in, but now it feels like it is overpowering my personality. I feel just a blank and unconnected as I did before, maybe more, and I'm having a lot of blonde moments. I'm just getting so frustrated because I've been on at least 10 meds over the years now for my mental health concerns, but nothings seems to work.
I jsut want to know what other people have experienced, what I should try, and how to feel connected to other people again?
jensmarty is offline   Reply With Quote