Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #61  
full of thanks

HI there,

I had a pretty calm day today.

Tomorrow afternoon, I work 4 pm-8 pm at the nursing home. I dread it but am excited at the same time. I am worried is all. Hope I don't mess things up.

I went and got a couple of things that I am going to make for Thanksgiving, instant potatoes and stuffing. We already have the turkey, thanks to my new job. They gave us one yesterday. I think I am going to try to make corn souffle, I don't even know how to make it. I'll figure it out.

Well, have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #62  

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to check in. I hope everyone is doing okay. It is snowing here today. I am feeling frustrated, sometimes I don't understand why my anxiety and depression is so much worse some years than others. This year for some reason it is really flaring up. I am 5 months away from graduating with my MSW degree and am doing a lot of outreach work for the local women's and children's shelter here, in fact last week I did a news interview. All I could think about when I saw the interview on tv was how fat I look. Ugh. I am just being really hard on myself right now. I know I have a lot going for me I just wish that my self esteem wasn't so directly tied to my weight.
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #63  
full of thanks

My feet are killing me and I only worked 4 hours. lol How pathetic is that?

How is everyone doing? I am going to clean the kitchen tonight and get up early tomorrow to put the turkey in the oven. I am really worn-out and tired but I need to clean the kitchen.

SocialWorkMama, I am sorry you are struggling. I used to be hard on myself and I still don't look good in pictures but I love myself. Other than my weight, there is nothing I would change. I am blessed in my life. I hope things get better for you. We love you here, just know that.

I hope you have a great night and I miss you all.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 11-25-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #64  

Height: 5'5"

Lisa, hope you are able to get some rest!

I am working on homework tonight and mentally preparing myself for Thanksgiving with my parents tomorrow.
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #65  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends!!

Lisa, I hope you got a good night's sleep last night Sorry about your feet hurting from work! but other than that, it went well? I hope so! Yeah, if your feet aren't happy, the rest of you isn't happy. I always buy those foamy inserts for my shoes, they help me alot. Hope the pain of saying goodbye to Oliver does not get you down too much. And have a wonderful day

SocialWorkMama, congrats on the news invertview! and being so close to your degree, in a field that helps people!! I hear ya on the self-defeating attitude, we have that in common also. My self-worth is totally dependent on how I think I look, or even worse, what I think others think of me. Lisa is a wonderful person to help us try to overcome that .

HI to everyone else!!

I have to finish a bunch of mini pastries that we are taking to our son's fiance's grandmother's house. She is a sweet lady, but the fiance's mother is the weird one

The sun is shining here, and 30 degrees, which isn't bad at all. I procrastinated about my snow tires and have to wait 2 weeks for the appointment :shock: please think "no snow in Vermont" for me during that time...sorry SocialWorkMama that you have the white crap now!

I wish you all, all the best.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #66  
full of thanks

VM, Everything last night seemed to go well. I'll get better at it the more I do it. I need to get used to being on my feet but with that means losing some weight. I think this job will help. My feet are still sore this morning. The rest of me isn't so bad. Four hour shifts, I love that. I couldn't really take, physically, any more hours then that, a shift. If it wasn't for getting so sore, I couldn't wait to go for another shift. I think Monday is my next shift.

I'll check back in soon.

You all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Holly, what would the holiday be like without at least one weird one at the table?

Kathleen, I know you are struggling, but think of how far you have come after all you have been through.

Lisa, your feet will get get better as you continue to be on them more.

Hello to everyone else.

I would love to hear from Lil Turtle , Fi and others.

I foolishly weighed myself this morning to find I am back up - five pounds since Halloween! Weird how I tend to weigh myself on holidays. I am not going to let it spoil my day, but I have decided I am quitting all sugar starting tomorrow. All sweets will leave my home tonight. I do not want this five to turn to 10!

Have a wonderful day with your families and friends.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #68  

We just had our worst fears confirmed - my OH's Dad has developed cancer, and it doesn't look curable. I miss having my mum as the person to call on for some comfort just now, it's a cliché, but she'd have the answer. I don't feel like I have the strength to be dealing with her death and this, but somehow we'll have to.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #69  
full of thanks

Hi everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!

My meal turned out so good!!! It couldn't have been better. The sides were good and the turkey was soooooooo juicy and skin crisp and I am not exaggerating. Jennifer said it was the best turkey she has ever had. It made me feel so good.

EasySpirit,
It is lovely to see you again, we have missed you so much. I hope you are right about my feet adjusting to working. I just have to lose some weight, it is hard on them. My back is also sore today, hopefully, again, it will adjust. Best of luck at giving up sugar, we are here for you. *hug*

Coop,
I am so sorry about your father-law. I wish I had some sage advice for you. It is very important that you take care of yourself during this difficult time. Post here and we will try to help you. The girls here are very wise.

Best of Thanksgivings to you all. I will check back in later.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 11-26-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #70  
full of thanks

I put my tree up tonight, it is not done though.I still need a tree skirt, some decorations and an extension cord for the star.

Where is everyone? Busy shopping I guess.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #71  
full of thanks

Here it is with the star lit and the tree skirt.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #72  

Tree looks lovely Lisa! I'm waiting untilnext weekend before I put ours up, the OH will never let me live it down if I put it up before December!

Managed to get the worst of the shock out of my system now, but comfort eating has always been a problem of mine. I had an organic veg box delivered yesterday though, and all my meals are now planned around using that up, so it's looking healthy.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:44 PM   #73  
full of thanks

Coop, so sorry your family is going through this. *hug*
I just kept seeing decorations going up around the neighborhood and it made me want to put up my tree. It is small and goes up easily.

I think I've lost a few pounds.

Man, I am tired tonight. Sometimes, I think my Saraquel makes me sleepy during the day. I take it at night before bed and there are times when I get so tired during the day. I think I'm going to sleep good tonight.

Where is everyone?

I am working for my boss this weekend so I have to go take care of "the ladies" this weekend. Morning and evening, Friday, Sat. and Sunday I have to make sure they eat and take their meds. It kinda sucks, breaks up my day and I don't think I'll ever do it again. I like my Monday-Friday 6-8am shift.

I also have to work at the nursing home 4-8pm on Monday. I'm still nervous but I kinda look forward to it. I'm only nervous because it's new.

I've been watching college football and movies all day, when I wasn't working. I have a DVR so I record shows, movies and sporting events I want to see. I love it, couldn't live without it now that I have it. My mom has DishNetwork and doesn't have the ability to DVR things. I have Directv.

I'm going to try to stay up a little later tonight. The more time i get to just relax, the easier it is for me to work. If I went to bed right now, it would seem, in no time, it would be morning and time for me to work.

Have a great Saturday night. Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 11-28-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:52 AM   #74  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile A quick hello!

Well, I finally got a new computer and I had personal posts written out to all of you..... and as I was finishing up, it said, "Internet Explorer has stopped working. Please close the program"..... and I lost my entire post. ARRGH!!! I don't have the time or energy to rewrite everything. It's really late and I need some rest. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you know that I am still here and reading along. I will try to check back in soon and write more. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! I guess now it's on to the Christmas rush!

Lisa: Since you are my fellow Ohioan, I wondered how you liked the Ohio State vs. Michigan game. Don't want to say more than that in case that is one of the games you DVR'd.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #75  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Hello all,
I can't for the life of me remember seeing this thread in the depression section. I decided that today I would get a group of people with similar problems with depression and weight gain, who can help with the rough patch I'm going through now.
I started losing weight about a year ago, and I successfully shed 25 lbs. For the past 2 months however, life has been punching me up and down again. The blows are heavy, non stop and regular. Giving too many details would be overwhelming. But I can say that, I recently came to discover some disturbing family secrets in a rather brutal way. In addition, I'm under a lot of pressure right now at work.
Now I'm on the floor again. And I'm going back to food for comfort again. I can't stop eating...or thinking about the next meal. I lean towards sugary and fatty food (ice cream, chocolate, chips, etc) even when I'm not hungry. The more I feel guilty over that, the more miserable I become, and the cycle continues. Any words to help me with this? Thank you all in advance!!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote