Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 09:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, Aug 15th - Day After Black Out !

Hope everyone is up to snuff after that eeery black out !

We're okay here.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #2  

Didn't bother me at all. I am sorry that it di have to happen to that many people though. I think everyone acted very good too. I was concerned about looting.

We are having a huge street party in downtown today and we are trying to get ready for it. It is alawys a blast but apain to get ready for. Here at work we are involved in it too. There is a wine tasting in certain businesses and there are bands and artists set up. I am about to try to clean my office for it. BLAH!
Old 08-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

morning gals!

man kemp, it sure is hot down here for a street party - don't get too hot and BE GOOD!

Leenie? was your electricity out? goodness what a mess they have up in New York. It was unbelieveable watching all of that on the national new last night. Hope everybody is ok up there! did any of our canadian buddies lose their electricity? LIZ??? did you have electricity?

I need to do payroll and about a zillion other things.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-15-2003 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:57 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy, yes, I was at work in NY when it happened, So I left work and got in my car and headed for home, NJ. Realizing every traffic light and stores were all out.. OY traffic was horrible I mean horrible. We didn't get power until 9 pm but that was okay, it was just a scary thing b/c you really didn't know what was going to happen if anything.

The power is on at work this am, which is good I guess

Thanks for asking
Old 08-15-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  

Well of course I would ask!
I am so glad to hear that you are ok!!!!
I have a tv in my office (I love my job) and we have the national news on today. It has been really heartwarming to see the stories on the national news this morning of people helping each other out in the city! I always love to hear about people pulling together!

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-15-2003, 11:04 AM   #6  
Divine Gal

Hey all.Sorry I didn't comment yesterday.The electricity was out till 2:30 this morning.I was so worried about the food going bad in the freezer.Traffic was terrible here; plus our truck decided to break down when all this was going on.OH BOY!! It was so hot; so when I got home I jumped in a cold shower.We pulled hotdogs and salad out of the frig and BBQed.I am so tired today I can't see straight.The heat got to me real bad and I was relieved when the electric came on. 10 hours it was out. *rolls eyes*

But on a better note; I weighed myself this morning and I am down another 3lbs.

Hope you all have a great day...
Old 08-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #7  

Oh lynnie, so glad to hear that you are ok too?
We sure are use to our electricity aren't we!
I don't think I would have done too well if I had to live during the wagon train days!

Congrats on the 3 lb loss!

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-15-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #8  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by cathyxxx
Oh lynnie, so glad to hear that you are ok too?
We sure are use to our electricity aren't we!
I don't think I would have done too well if I had to live during the wagon train days!

Congrats on the 3 lb loss!
thanks cathy!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:17 PM   #9  

Good morning ladies

Cathy.....I live in western Canada....so our power was fine....but I have 5 sisters & 1 brother....they live in Windsor, Ontario....their power was out....I don't know if it is on now....last night I talked to 1 of them at 12:15 A.M. eastern time....the power was still out.

Leenie & Lynnie.....I am glad you are both okay....that your electricity is back on.

I am doing good....but yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon...I was down....don't know if it was from the Effexor...coming off it.

I am doing good with my eating....even exercising now....talk about exercising...yesterday evening....I got on the floor to do an exercise....next thing I knew...the dog was on the floor next to me...looking down at me...next thing I knew....he was on his back with his feet up in the air....lol....it was funny.

Have a great day.

April
Old 08-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Thanks April...I am glad also for Leenie too.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #11  

The event tonight is called Hot August Nights. They do it every year down here and yes it is hot. We are going to set up outside in the street and sell bottled water and smoothies. This is the first time we have tried that so hopefully it wiil work out good. I am manning the booth with my 2 young girls b/c I think the guys would like to see 2 cute girls out there. I could just pinch their cheeks.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:36 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lynnie, congrats on the 3 lbs, wow lady I'm so happy for you, keep up the wonderful work, your an inspiration for all of us.

Hugs !!!!!!!!!!!

Psssssssssst........glad your okay too, it was a bummer but thank God no one was hurt..
Closed Thread