Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #1  
New chick

S/C/G: 168/154.1/115

Default Feeling like a failure

All my life I've been put down, and having gained so much weight has made me feeling worse recently

I've been on track for eating for about two weeks now but I don't see any weight loss. I didn't want to weifh myself yet because I figured I would obsess over it like before (usually I don't lose weight fast enough and the scale confirms it so I go binge)

Everyone else in my family is losing weight faster than me and I feel like a failure. I have to face them working out and eating healthy all the time and even though I work out and eat healthy as well, I just feel like I'm constantly reminded of my weight.

How do I deal with this? How do I deal with my skinnier ghost that I see everytime I look in the mirror? I'm going to weigh myself in a couple days assuming I've maybe lost at least a pound or two.

Thank you
Bostoncreamprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206lbs/195lbs/155lbs

Height: 5'11

Let me be the first to say, YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE.... Many people, including me, can relate to feeling like an outcast, and have put down for it.. I tried everything to get through it, drugs, food, cigarettes, you name it.. I even got super skinny thinking it would make me happy, and feel more accepted.. You know what? it didn't help, i didn't feel better, or happy.. Just more miserable because it didn't give me what i wanted...

The number one thing you have to focus on is loving, and accepting yourself. I know that seems like a tired, and cliche'd idea, but it's 100 percent truth.. You're never going to be happy, until your happy with yourself.. ANd that takes the most work, it's way harder than losing weight..

You have to love yourself, no matter what size you are, or your motivation will not last. You will become discouraged for not losing it fast enough.. Don't worry about other people's weight progress, be mindful of you...

I didn't grow up overweight, i was lean, and athletic playing sports, dance, and my natural body type.. I gained a significant amount of weight after failed relationships, and self esteem issues.. I didn't know how to express my emotions, so i stuffed them in with food... It took me awhile to learn to love, and accept the new bigger me, and now that i'm on this track to lose, and become healthier i understand that the journey is part of the accomplishment, sticking with it, and finding the strength to endure the setbacks, and keep going... Live, Learn, and Continue.. Don't let anyone make you feel less than you really are..

Stick with it .. Be persistent, and patient.. Most importantly, be kinder to yourself, you only have one life in this world, make it count for something other than the superficial..

Last edited by fit_tiff83; 07-04-2015 at 11:47 AM.
fit_tiff83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #3  
New chick

S/C/G: 168/154.1/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit_tiff83 View Post
Let me be the first to say, YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE.... Many people, including me, can relate to feeling like an outcast, and have put down for it.. I tried everything to get through it, drugs, food, cigarettes, you name it.. I even got super skinny thinking it would make me happy, and feel more accepted.. You know what? it didn't help, i didn't feel better, or happy.. Just more miserable because it didn't give me what i wanted...

The number one thing you have to focus on is loving, and accepting yourself. I know that seems like a tired, and cliche'd idea, but it's 100 percent truth.. You're never going to be happy, until your happy with yourself.. ANd that takes the most work, it's way harder than losing weight..

You have to love yourself, no matter what size you are, or your motivation will not last. You will become discouraged for not losing it fast enough.. Don't worry about other people's weight progress, be mindful of you...

I didn't grow up overweight, i was lean, and athletic playing sports, dance, and my natural body type.. I gained a significant amount of weight after failed relationships, and self esteem issues.. I didn't know how to express my emotions, so i stuffed them in with food... It took me awhile to learn to love, and accept the new bigger me, and now that i'm on this track to lose, and become healthier i understand that the journey is part of the accomplishment, sticking with it, and finding the strength to endure the setbacks, and keep going... Live, Learn, and Continue.. Don't let anyone make you feel less than you really are..

Stick with it .. Be persistent, and patient.. Most importantly, be kinder to yourself, you only have one life in this world, make it count for something other than the superficial..
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I was having a really low moment and you helped a lot.

I feel the same way about wanting to achieve something more than something superficial. I've just realized that it's true weight and looks matter a lot though. I've lost so many 'friends' and male attention now that I'm heavier. I'm just angry at these people even though they could care less about what I think. I told myself that once I lose this weight, if they do try to get with me again im not going to be open as I was before and befriend them, knowing how they treated me now.

I just have to take this as a journey. Maybe this is just going to make me stronger and will help me realize who my true friends are (nobody).
Bostoncreamprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206lbs/195lbs/155lbs

Height: 5'11

You know what , i use to think that looks and weight matter above all, that was the key to having people like you.. You wouldn't believe how wrong i was when i've seen girls, heavier than me, and average in the looks department get soo many friends, and boyfriends... The confidence, energy, and magnetism they had just drew people in.. I mean i have a family member who's trying to get leaner, and cut to compete in a fitness competition.. Okay she's about my size, but shorter than me, which is pretty thick.. We went to the gym, she got sooo many looks from guys, she was totally oblivious to it.. But she had that extra something, Confidence... Best thing to do is forgive those people for being so short sided, and find people who will accept you for who you are.. Those are the ones worth having.

It's so important to let your inside shine on the out, you carry yourself differently, you walk differently, talk differently, the best part of you comes out, and you appear differently to people.. No lie , it's all in the way you carry yourself... You'll draw in the right ones ...

Last edited by fit_tiff83; 07-05-2015 at 09:50 PM.
fit_tiff83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #5  
on a journey

Like someone already said, you need to learn to love yourself the way you are. It takes a lot of the pressure off you. Keep trying to lose weight but love yourself, you are precious and wonderful. Big or skinny, it doesn't matter, you are so beautiful.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote