Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

You've got a reason to be offended. It's, quite frankly, none of her business if you've gained weight or not and she needs to bite her tongue.

My mother makes comments like this all the time, most recently about shopping for my wedding dress and how we will not be going until I am lighter. She often says things to my dad within earshot of me so I'll hear, as if I don't know this.

I make it known to her right away that this is not acceptable behaviour. It's terribly rude and inconsiderate as I'm sure you know about the state you're in, you don't need to be reminded.
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:25 AM   #32  

I don't let it bother me at all. When you're obese you'll like go up and down a noticeable amount like 30 lbs many times !
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:24 AM   #33  

Actually, I don't get upset about these things, and I guess it different for each person and it depends on how they feel about themselves.
aydaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #34  

It's actually common for coworkers and casual acquaintances to perhaps compliment you on a significant, noticeable weight loss like if you dropped 45-60 lbs or something big

Personal questions don't get on my nerves

It would definitely be rude to ask how much do weigh now ?, Or how much more do you want to lose ?

Putting your hand on another's belly after a weight gain crosses some lines

A pregnant woman shouldn't have to allow just anybody to feel her belly and the baby kicking, by invitation only

It's a sensitive issue to many

You lost weight and look great is okay

You're looking fatter than you used to, how much weight did you gain, what do weigh now ? , Is not cool
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote