Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-27-2015, 01:47 AM   #46  
on a journey

Hello friends,

I totally understand, VM about not wanting to post when you are in a mood. I get that way when I am down. I don't want friends to see me that way.

Well, I only lost 1 pound, in 3 weeks. sigh At least I did not gain any weight though!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!! They told me that since my last shrink visit in mid-Jan. I have lost 8 pounds total. I am doing pretty well!! Just need to watch my eating.

Kathleen, I hope you are doing ok. Hope your drainage is lessening as is your pain. I feel so bad, wish I could take away some of your worry. *hug* You are such a wonderful person, so strong in my eyes.

Fi, Wherever you are, I hope you are doing well!!!!! Heal that hip and leg.

NO med changes for me today, my daily ups and downs are not the bi-polar acting up. It is my Borderline Personality Disorder coming out in me and meds cannot treat that.

Much love to all!!!!!!

Last edited by Lisa_C; 03-27-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #47  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

gonna try this again!

Hello friends! yeah I have been so very blah and meh for weeks now. Have spent most of my days off sleeping. I'm not tired..it's just that I know the day will pass by whether I'm up or not, and did not want watch TV or computer or do anything other than basic housework. So I would spend almost all day in bed. and I hate myself when I do that.

Maybe just maybe because it's almost April, I will snap out of it. And my summer boss called me, and that got me thinking about my summer job that I love, so that is good.

Kathleen I am so glad you got a day out! though you made me LOL at you comparing yourself to Mrs. Doubtfire Your poor body has been through so much, I love that you seem to be in such good spirits, and all blessings to you hon!!

Lisa YAY for 6 pounds down!!! that is awesome And I'm glad your daughter is coming soon!! How is your kitty? (did he/she have a "cone of shame" a while back?)

Hi Fi and you were great to be a consistent poster this month! I am so sorry to hear of your pain though..starting with the fall to your knees which made me wince in sympathy, and now the other pains and mobility impaired. And condolences about your SIL.

Hi EasySpirit, Tauxania, BettyBooty! to the new chicks and I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Spring is taking way too long as usual up here, we've only had 2 days when it's been mid-30's, that's how it always is but it is so frustrating.

I might get inspired to start the Excercise thread again for April.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #48  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

First off, I want to talk to those of y'all who are worried about plateaus. I have been on a plateau for about six months, probably more, and I am nowhere near to giving up. I keep a chart on my fridge of my progress, and it looks pretty weird right now: it shows my ups and downs since February 2012, and now it's a flat line for a loooog time. But I know that I have been going through a lot, and my plateau is actuallly an achievement, because it shows that I can go through these major life stresssors and still have maintenance of my weight loss so far. So please, love yourself, be patient with yourself, and just keep picking yourself up after you fall (I've had a lot of literal falls in the past few weeks, too.)

Second, my doctors finally talked with each other, and have decided that I probably do have serotonin syndrome, which happens some times when you're on too many medications that affect the serotonin (a neurotransmitter) system in your brain. So we're gradually backing off on some of those medications (backing off rapidly causes terrible withdrawal effects.) In serotonin syndrome the large skeletal muscles get really stimulated, to the point where it's like having a "charlie horse" in all your arms and especially all your leg muscles at the same time. It hurts like nobody's business and takes a long time to recover from. Right now I can't stand reliably (hence all the falls) and I can't walk hardly at all. I'm renting a wheelchair and have (just barely) reached the point where I can use the wheelchair to get myself back and forth to the bathroom without assistance. And I'm taking a strong muscle relaxant in tiny amounts.

Yesterday was probably the worst day of my whole life, in terms of the pain from all those charlie horse effects, mostly in my right leg (buttocks down to toes). Today I am in less pain and am finally getting hopeful that some day, this will be over. But I'm still a mess, in those large muscles, and I have no idea how long it wlll be before I can walk. In the meantime, Bob is having to do everything else for me, including buying cookies for me when I can't take it without comfort foods. But I've been on a modified Atkin's diet for so long, it's a strong habit. Today, for example, I'm 100% on plan.

So if you're thinking you want to give up, just think of me....

Last edited by Fiona W; 03-27-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #49  
on a journey

VM, thank you for asking about Leo. He seems to be doing well. He is such a sweet boy. He no longer has to wear a cone as his stitches are gone. I worry about you VM, it's unlike you to be down. Please take care of yourself. We all love you so much!!!!

Fi, I hope you feel better soon!!!! Bless Bob for taking such good care of you.

I have the weekend off and I am so excited. 2 days to do just what I want. woooo hooooo I even get to go to church tomorrow unless something unforeseen happens.

I really do hope you all are doing well. I will pray for you all, for peace and healing.

Much love.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Fi, I hope you get relief soon. Those pains sounds horrible.

Kathleen, it sounds like your attitude will help you recover quickly.

VM, this has been quite a winter in New England. We had snow again yesterday! I hope you feel better when the weather finally warms up.

Lisa, enjoy your weekend.

Hello to everyone else.

I have been fighting anxiety and depression due to family issues. I have not been on medication in about 25 years, but I am now on a generic form of Zoloft, which seems to be helping a bit - at least taking the edge off.

Take care everyone.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:18 PM   #51  
on a journey

EasySpirit, I am so sorry you are struggling. Vent here all you need to. That is what we are here for. *hug*

Well ladies, I got my assignments for this week done. I was up until 3 Sunday morning working on my 150 point project. I also got my Sunday discussion done and posted, it was half-assed done. I should have taken more time with it but I was NOT in the mood to work on my discussion question. I just hope I get a decent grade on my Project.

I haven't been eating very good, I need to kick it in and get back on track.

Kathleen, how are you doing? Hope your drainage tubes are ok.

Fi, I hope your leg is better. Please post and let us know.

Much love to you all. I will check back in tomorrow.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 03-29-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #52  

Hello ...I just wanted to introduce myself and make a few diet buddy's to share mutual support on our journeys. I used this forum several years ago, and decided when I saw 300 lbsagain to get back on track. My name is sue. I am happily married and supervise a group home for handicapped people. I ameasy going Christian lady that looks forward to making some friends here. God bless! prayers for a great day tom.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:42 AM   #53  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Welcome!

Sue (doitforme): Hello and to the Ups & Downs Support Group!!! Just a heads up: I will be starting a new thread for April 2015 on April 1st in this same section of the forum. Please watch for us there and hop on and post away! We are here to support you in any way that we can! I admire your work with handicapped people. I have a 15-year-old daughter with Spina Bifida. She is doing great but has some obvious deficits from her disability. She plays sled hockey and absolutely LOVES it!!! Hope to hear back from you soon with more details on your story! Are you depressed? Most of us here are dealing with depression (or have in the past) and some of us are also on medication that affects our ability to lose weight. It adds an extra challenge, but WE CAN DO IT!!! We will cheer you on all the way to your goals! So happy you posted! Take good care!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:51 AM   #54  
I can do it!!!

Smile Quick Update on Me

Just a quick note to say that I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER in the past 3-4 days!!! Thank God!!! My pain is manageable now and I feel almost like my old self. Just trying to get lots done since I've been out of commission for 3 weeks. We are going to Marco Island, Florida this Friday! I can't wait! Going to doctor in morning and hoping to get at least one of my last 2 drains out. Then going to a lymphedema physical therapist on Wendnesday afternoon for swelling in my left arm (where they took out 19 lymph nodes during surgery). Thank you for all of your thoughtful messages and prayers. Please keep them coming! I will begin chemo once my incisions heal, which seems a long way off still. I need to heal completely first, though, because the chemo will slow the healing process. Right now, my mind is focused on getting the 4 of us packed and to the beach to enjoy some much-needed sunshine, rest, and relaxation!!! Will let you know how my appointments go ASAP.

Thinking of you all and sending my very best wishes for a wonderful week!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #55  

Default Thanks !

Ibelieveinme2- Prayers for being pain free and quick healing. Try to enjoy your vacation. The beach is always fun... No I am not on any meds and rarely get depressed. I must have been trying to join a different thread and my tablet ends up opening the one under or above the one I was going to look at...and I ended up here. Its all good.. I am on a bunch of threads as it helps me focus to stay connected... After all we are all here for same reason.. I enjoy working with handicapped they are loving, gentle and a joy most of the time. I have never heard of sled hockey you have to tell me more about it. Gotta run! Prayers for a blessed day all!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #56  
on a journey

Sue, Welcome to the thread!!!! Tomorrow will be a new thread for April as Kathleen said.

KAthleen, so glad your pain has improved!!!!!! Enjoy your time at the beach.

I was soOOOOOOOO tired when my alarm when off at 5, I didn't get up until 5:50 am. My head hurts today, took Excedrin Migraine. It helped wake me up, my head still aches slightly though.

Jennifer comes home tomorrow for a couple of days.

I have to clean the living room today. Will probably go out to mom's for lunch and to watch soaps.

Tomorrow is April Fool's Day, be careful not to get fooled. LOL

Have a great day, it's REALLY nice out. It is supposed to get to almost 60.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:42 PM   #57  

Height: 5' 5''

Hi

I thought I should stop by and introduce myself.

I am Mari, I am 24, married no kids we do have a kitty and we are getting a puppy on Saturday. I have been married for a year this April.

I guess my depression starter back in 06... and it got worst though the rest of high school and college. I was living with my parents (not the best relationship) and didn't have many friends. I met my husband (then boyfriend) in 2009 and started dating shortly after. It was a long distance relationship, we would talk everyday through skype (like all day).

This past year hasn't been so bad. I moved out of my parents' and I don't binge because I am sad anymore. I guess the depression is still there it just changed? I moved with him, I left my family and the few friend I had for him. It has been a year and I haven't met anyone in this city (but his coworkers). I guess I am shy? I find myself being lonely and miserable. I stay home all day long, being very bored. I can't seem to find a job, we can't really afford classes or anything like that. I go to the gym but I don't dare talk to anyone...

Some days the only person I see/talk to is him. Don't get me wrong I LOVE him but, it gets lonely FAST. I have been at it for a year... and I have been just coping. Every now and then I explode and start crying and I tell him I hate my life (poor him =/ I am horrible). Lately I have been feeling like I can't cope with it anymore... I don't know what to do.

I had been so desperate that I posted on Craig's List an add looking for friends (SO sad, I know!!). Didn't work as well as I had hoped. My husband kind of started looking for puppies because he thinks one would make me company (I think). I am pretty excited about it, we pick him up on Saturday (it'll be like a 3h drive each way). It's a Siberian Husky, and we are naming him Arthas!

Anyway... that's me in a quick summary. Any advice ... or friends, would be more than welcome! ^_^ If anyone is wondering, I live around the Quad-Cities (Illinois/Iowa).

Last edited by Mari26; 03-31-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:53 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted and since I did anything for weight loss. Lots of big changes happened (new house and going back to school in the fall) and that put my weight loss on hold for a while. I'm SO glad Spring is here! I'm Spring cleaning like crazy, which is making me feel organized and ready to focus on my fitness.

Does anyone else feel off balance when their house is in disarray? It took us a while to unpack from the move, and it really slowed my motivation to work out. However, I'm getting back on track and thought I'd say hello to the group again

Hi!!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:56 PM   #59  
on a journey

to you Mari and coffeeshopgirl!!!!!!!!!! We are so glad to have you here.

I was so sick today, migraine and sick to my stomach. My stomach was so bad. I ate a pill for nausea and took a nap. I feel 100% better!!!!!!!

I hope you all had a better day than I did.

Much love to all.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #60  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome!

Mari: to the Ups & Downs Support Group!!! So happy that you posted and introduced yourself! I hope you will find some friendship and support here.