Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #61  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Question Hey Birthday Girl!?!

Fi: Are you okay?!? Hope all is well with you! What did you do to celebrate your BIG day??? We are waiting to hear all about it!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #62  
on a journey

Hi Kathleen and friends,

Nothing new to report really. I might be a tad bit better but no huge change. I have the light on me now, soaking up the rays from it. I think I need a nap too, my eyes are so heavy right now.

Have a great day everyone and you all are in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 226.5/198/185

Height: 6'0

Default it's been a struggle

Hi Ladies! I haven't posted for a little while because I haven't been proud of my actions. It's been a real struggle lately. My mind is consumed with so many negative thoughts! I am doing my very best to overcome them! Currently I am 6.5lbs away from ONEderland! I am so excited! It is usually at this point that I shut down and start gaining weight again.

in other news! I got a puppy His name is Jackson! He is a pure bred blue heeler and my goodness is he ever wonderful! He is helping me not only get out of the house, but out of my 'funk'. I love him so much!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for being here and for your continuous support!
nicolas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #64  
on a journey

Hello friends,

I haven't done much today except work. Counting all of my clients, I had 3 total today, so I came home and took a small nap. I'm still tired but I might read for a while. I am reading the best book by James Patterson. It is a long book though, it'll take me a while to finish it. Still a good read though.

Our severe cold weather is not done with. It is supposed to be very cold, -digits tomorrow. It's getting really old. Today was nice, wish it would stay this way. I guess I am asking too much from Mother Nature.

I am feeling a bit better, not great but better. Spring cannot get here soon enough.

Kathleen, you are in my prayers. I'm sorry about your Dad's blood pressure drop. I hope he's ok now.

Fi, I hope you had a great birthday!!

nicolas, congrats on the new puppy and on your weight loss!!!!

All you girls, I hope you are having a great week. I send out healing thoughts to you all.

I haven't weighed myself since giving up Mountain Dew. I'm half afraid to. I don't own a scale anyway. What if I haven't lost any weight? I would be so upset.

Ok, that is enough blabbing for now. Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 02-25-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #65  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi nicolas, good to hear from you, I'm sorry you are feeling that way..lots of negative thoughts always pressing are awful! I am glad you have a new puppy though, congrats! that li'l feller will MAKE you get up and do stuff with him as you said.

Lisa, you are not asking too much from Mother Nature this winter has been brutally cold!! at least we have not been pounded with the insane snow that Boston has. I hope you enjoyed your time with your book. We all need that! I'm glad that your daughter is coming soon for break!

Kathleen, how are you? and your dad??

Hi to Fi and everyone else.

I try SO hard to be aware of things to be thankful for, I really do, to try to offset my increasing really bad temper and anger when I am at work. Yesterday I busted a mayonnaise squeezer just by banging it down, really hard because I was instantly furious at having to deal with sh*t lettuce. And that co-workers say 'oh it's so slow' until I arrive, then there are 4 people all at once for me to make sandwiches for.

I know that sounds petty but it's just an avalanche of aggravations..then 15 minutes before closing, a man in standing in the darkened deli which has "Deli Closed" signs up, and asked for 2 sandwiches. Agian, not a big deal to any of you right except of course while I'm doing that, other customers are piling up at the register, and then the man tells me "you can take care of them first" and I said "NO, you tell them that they have to wait because of you". I have always tried to be kind and considerate but I just don't care anymore. I get stabby angry now
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #66  
I can do it!!!

Smile Hello!

Hello Ladies! I wonder what is going on with Fi. I thought for sure we would hear from her on or around her birthday. I hope she is okay!

nicolas89: I am so very sorry to hear that your mind has been consumed with negative thoughts. But I am happy to hear that you are trying hard to overcome them! Don't give up HOPE for yourself!!! You can do this!!! You are SO close to ONEderland!!! Make it there for YOU..... because you deserve it!!! I am right there with you (at 207 lbs) and have not seen ONEderland for about 5 years now, so we can do this together! Let's make a conscious effort to NOT sabotage ourselves and our progress. Tell yourself that THIS TIME you are NOT going to shut down and start gaining weight again. You are going to PLOW FORWARD right into ONEderland where you belong!!! And so am I! CONGRATULATIONS on your new puppy, Jackson! It's hard to be in a "funk" with a new puppy around! They are so adorable, playful, and full of love! If you can, please post a picture for us. I would love to see him!
Hang in there and soak up the love from Jackson! And keep RESISTING those negative thoughts!

Lisa: I am happy to hear that you are feeling a bit better these past couple days. Maybe the SAD light is helping. Keep it up! It can't hurt, right?!? At least it forces you to sit or lay down for a set period of time. Glad you are enjoying a good book.
Yes, our Ohio weather has been way too cold lately! My kids have had several days off school..... mostly due to the extremely cold temps. They, of course, love it! I agree that Spring cannot get here soon enough!!!
How long ago did you give up Mountain Dew? It wasn't that long ago, was it? I think it takes quite awhile to notice a difference. If you are too afraid to weigh yourself (and don't own a scale anyway), you could either keep track of your belly measurement (with a tape measure) or keep trying on the same pair of pants that start out a little tight to gauge your progress. The scale can be a source of shame for many people and isn't the most accurate measurement anyway. So you are probably wise to avoid it.
Thank you for your prayers and your healing thoughts. I am staying strong and anxiously awaiting my date of surgery. My Dad is home and doing better now. Thank God! He gave us quite a scare!

Holly: Sorry that you are miserable at your deli job. It sounds like you are so frustrated there. Have you thought about making a change? I feel so badly that you hate it so much. I wish you could find something more tolerable. Just a suggestion to consider (if you haven't already). You are not stuck there! How many days until your wonderful summer job? Have you started the countdown yet? Hang in there!
I am doing well. We went for a 2nd opinion at The James Cancer Hospital yesterday and they concurred with what my surgeon recommended (a left breast mastectomy). But they said they couldn't get me in for surgery until April, so that pretty much eliminated them as an option. I want this CRAP out of me ASAP!!! I am anxiously waiting to hear when my date of surgery will be. The docs all have to coordinate their schedules and set a date that also works with the hospital. In the meantime, I am doing my best to remain calm, upbeat, and positive!
My Dad was in the hospital all weekend and came home on Monday. He seems to be doing better but is still weak and fighting the UTI with prescription meds. He wasn't drinking nearly enough water each day before going to the ER on Friday, so they had to pump him full of fluids and antibiotics via IV to overcome early sepsis. Thank God my Mom called the squad that morning! It probably saved his life.

Waving HELLO to everyone and wishing you well! Please check in when you can!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 02-25-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #67  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Howdy y'all! I'm just checking in. I'm fine, but I've been stunned into silence by my big milestone birthday. I got a stupendous present from Bob, but it will be a while before it's all unpacked and installed, so I'll hold off on describing it until it's functioning the way it's supposed to be. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #68  
rockin' my 60s!

What is being 60 like? Being 60 has been a bummer so far, because I fell down on the 21st (the day before my birthday). You know those shopping strips that have a high sidewalk, such that stepping down into the parking lot is kinda dicey for people with short legs, like me? Some people were coming in the same door I was leaving through, and they distracted me: I failed to be careful enough and landed on my knees. (When I was a doctor in Texas we had an acronym for that: DFD = done fell down—as in "He was working in the garage and then he done fell down.") Fortunately, not only did the people pause to make sure I was OK, but they included a really strong woman who locked her arms together and leaned back, allowing me to do what toddlers do—"pull to stand." I warned her that I weighed a lot, but she insisted, and it worked! By the time I got home, though, my knees were hurting. They hurt so much so much the following day (my birthday) I could only just barely manage standing up. Bob's been ambivalent about the big round brass table we got from his mom—because she didn't have room for it in her assisted-living studio apartment—but he could see how helpful it was to have two points for balancing when I get up from the green futon. I was so sore I couldn't do my Qigong (chee-GUNG) exercises for a few days, and got depressed as a result. All the way down to -4, and me saying "ouch" at every step to the bathroom... and "ouch" is not the right four-letter word for me climbing the stairs. Being 60 does feel a little different—and gee, I just noticed I've got to change the line above my avatar to "rockin' my 60s." =laugh= I haven't had a chance to write in my journal, though, so I don't know yet what it feels like. It is a little weird to wake up one day, and suddenly I qualify for some of the senior discounts.

=OUCH= That's the sound of my making a loud moaning noise when I rearranged my legs. I can't let them stay in the same position for long, or I get stuck and have a heck of a time getting up.

Gratitude check-in: what do I appreciate today? I appreciate how as she matures, Nénu (short for nénuphar, French for "water lily") is getting really affectionate. She climbs up my right side when my iPad or book is parked on the left, and purrrrrrs. (I gotta say it, to those of you who are dog people: I appreciate dogs, because they're usually in a good mood, and they encourage you to take a walk with them, but cats who purr have a definite advantage.)

Gosh, I haven't told y'all yet what Grace gave me for my birthday: she made two tiles, one with Nénu bursting from a lotus, and the other one with a picture of Oscar the kitten, a picture of Oscar Wilde, and one of OW 's witticisms about friendship, in calligraphy. Since Oscar Wilde lived a good fifty years later than Edgar A. Poe, a wide variety of good photo portraits are available. I'm having almost as much fun calling the male kitten "Oscar Wilde" as I did calling the last male "Edgar Poe": we've accidentally called Oscar "Edgar" and Nénu "Annabel Lee" numerous times—even "Oscar Poe" has been said a few times, an appellation the human named "Oscar Wilde" probably wouldn't mind. Anyway, she coated the tiles with something clear and durable, and they arrived just in time to be coasters on the big round brass table—sweeeeeet... I guess one would call them "decoupage": whatever it is, I love them!

Did you miss getting to see their last photo? That's Nénu on the left and Oscar on the right. =happy sigh= They still sneeze several times a day, but I'm such a happy kitty mommy, it's no big deal. And guess what? My breeder is giving us a 100% refund on what we paid for them, because of the vet bills and medication prices for their upper respiratory infection.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #69  
on a journey

Hello friends,

Fi, Sooooo glad to see you sweetie. We were worried about you.

Holly, I am so sorry you have been angry lately. When I get angry it's my bi-polar coming out. I get pissed at the world, when my meds aren't working right. I hope you get to feeling better.

Kathleen, I fell asleep today with the SAD light on me so I should be feeling really good the next few days. LOL You're right though, what have I got to lose? I am going to continue to use it. I am feeling better. I'm still having symptoms but I have improved. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers dear lady. I feel so bad for you, having to go through this difficult time. *hug* Just know that we are here for you, always.

I am so excited. I think I've finally found the college for me. It is Sanford Brown College, it is a design school. I am going to be getting my certificate in Web Design and my classes start right off in the meat and potatoes of the courses. My first course is Design 101. I am soooooo excited. My first class is on Monday. Wish me luck.

It snowed here today and is supposed to get bitter cold here tonight. I went and put some gas in my car today for the cold weather. I know it's better to have at least, a half a tank in it.

Jennifer is coming home tomorrow. wooooo hooooo

Have a great evening everyone. much love to all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 02-26-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:19 AM   #70  
I can do it!!!

Thumbs up I finally have a surgery date!

I finally heard back from the surgery scheduler today and my surgery will take place on Monday, March 9th! Time to be determined. I have good feelings about this day already, as does my husband. I am very nervous and fearful about the surgery, but I am SO anxious to get this nasty cancer out of my body!!! Please keep me and my family in your prayers on March 9th. I would really appreciate it!

Fi: Thank you for checking in! So sorry that your milestone birthday has pushed you off balance at the moment. And, my goodness, sorry about your terrible fall!!! Glad that you are okay! Hope your knees and legs are feeling better now. Your special and unique gift from Grace sounds wonderful! How sweet and thoughtful of her to make you something she knew you would love!!! Oh my, and that picture of the kitties is just adorable and model-worthy! YAY for your 100% refund on them! You DO get to keep them, though, right?!?!?!

Lisa: So happy to hear that you are feeling better (although still having symptoms)! Keep on using that SAD light!!! It must be helping! I truly appreciate your concern for me and your very kind words. I will be okay. I am one tough cookie!!! My faith and God's grace ~ along with all of the prayers we have going up for me/us ~ will see me through and all will be well! I just dread the actual surgery and recovery period. But I am anxious to put it behind me, so let's get this party started! I am so thrilled to hear that you think you found the right college for you! Where is it located? Best of luck and prayers to you as you begin this new chapter in your life! I will be thinking of you on Monday. Hope Jennifer arrived home safely! Enjoy every minute with her!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #71  
I can do it!!!

Exclamation Important Reminder!

PLEASE JOIN US ON THE NEW TEAM THREAD UPS & DOWNS SUPPORT GROUP: MARCH 2015. OUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT WILL CONTINUE THERE!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 226.5/198/185

Height: 6'0

Hey Everyone! I have been working through my purging and binging challenges day by day... this past weekend was really rough though- I got close to my mini goal of being in ONEderland, and for some reason (gotta do some soul searching to find that one) I ate nothing but bad foods all weekend. It was like I couldn't fill my stomach fast enough with all the things I had been craving. My intense cravings take control of my life. At this point, I think the struggle I face is with the loss of routine on the weekends. DUring the week I pack lunches and work out in the evenings as well as taking my puppy for hikes, but on the weekend I sleep in and wake up ravenous for junk! I am hoping I get to ONEderland later this week (the healthy way... no starving for this girl). I am trying my best to stay positive!
nicolas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #73  

Hello everyone! My name is Vanessa and I am new to the group. I am almost at my ideal weight but I am at the last 10 pounds before I get there. Why is it that the last 10 pounds are always the hardest!?
vbaez6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #74  
rockin' my 60s!

STOP POSTING HERE!! Go up to "Depression and Weight Issues" and join us in the March 2015 thread. Thanks!