3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Books that have helped you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/301940-books-have-helped-you.html)

girl81 01-26-2015 11:59 PM

Books that have helped you?

Have you found any particular books to be helpful?

SBRound2 02-01-2015 09:46 PM

My Diet Bible

I use the South Beach books. I find them very helpful with food lists, menus, and recipes. The recipes I have tried are delicious--even though I have advance doubts at times. They also inspire me to adapt favorite standard recipes to be SB friendly. I had to learn a completely new way of meal planning and cooking after 50 years of meat and potatoes. My local library has all of the books and there are always copies available. :)

beginme 02-03-2015 06:50 PM

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life.

Discusses the huge impact of self talk and how we can train ourselves to be positive.

girl81 02-04-2015 06:21 AM

some of mine....

Speaking God's Word (Joyce Meryers)
Battlefield of the Mind (Joyce Meyers)
Mood Cure (Julia Ross)
Return to Love

SugarRomeoTango4852 02-16-2015 01:30 PM

Are you looking for Weight loss books or depression books?

I can't say I have found many weight loss books that have helped but there are three books that I have read that I always find helpful.

This Year I Will
I Thought It Was Just Me (But it Isn't) by Brene Brown
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown

I, honestly, turn too the two books by Brene Brown very often. The Gifts of Imperfection is a fantastic book and I plan on ordering BOTH of the books I listed for my friends as gifts. I can't promise they will help you but both of them were very helpful to me and helped me realize I am not always as alone as I think I am.

Earthling 02-16-2015 02:33 PM

Binge Eating for Dummies

Even if you are not a binge eater, it still has quite a few insights into all the different relationships and psychosis involving you and food. It'll help, I think, especially for those whose relationship with food relates to depression

And because its "for dummies" it's totally approachable, succinct where you need it to be, and divided into topics that you can go straight to or skip over

girl81 03-22-2015 03:28 PM

I am interested in any books that have greatly positively changed your life. I believe a healthy body reflects a healthy mind so all book recommendations in this arena are what I'm seeking. :)

girl81 03-22-2015 03:32 PM

VM, have you made steady progress since reading Allen Carr's book?

Rin 05-06-2015 10:09 PM

10 Steps to Take Charge of Your Emotional Life: Overcoming Anxiety, Distress, and Depression Through Whole-Person Healing by Dr. Eve A. Wood M.D.

I'm reading this now and highly recommend it if you are stressed, have a lot of anxiety, or depression.

NemesisClaws 05-07-2015 06:27 AM

Honestly, when it comes to weight loss books, I haven't really found any to be helpful for me and believe me, I've read a lot of them over the years.

I find that I get my inspiration from cookbooks and from watching folks on TV exercising. Right now, I'm into Blogilates, which has their own website and apps along with videos to get you moving....

spanky 05-08-2015 12:08 AM

The Beck Diet Solution by Dr. Judith Beck has definitely helped me to get a grip. All of her books have been part of the solution for me.

SweetyKins 05-13-2015 10:53 AM

Thank you for suggesting this book. I am going to download it to my kindle today!

-------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin (Post 5161921)
10 Steps to Take Charge of Your Emotional Life: Overcoming Anxiety, Distress, and Depression Through Whole-Person Healing by Dr. Eve A. Wood M.D.

I'm reading this now and highly recommend it if you are stressed, have a lot of anxiety, or depression.

HIheart 05-16-2015 03:16 PM

Super foods RX, Fourteen Foods that will Change your Life (Pratt) and

The Beck Diet Solution

tranquilize 05-24-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beginme (Post 5127672)
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life.

Discusses the huge impact of self talk and how we can train ourselves to be positive.

I need this. I just need to be nicer to myself, because sometimes I really wonder how awful I must be to have deserved such a sh*t storm in my life. Forgive my language.

journey2fitness 05-26-2015 04:48 PM

I recently read Chicken Soup for the Soul Shaping the new you. That was a pretty good read. It was nice reading real life stories and being able to relate to some of it :D