Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #91  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

The Kollage Kit blog is doing a theme of "Maps" this week. (I'm choosing the themes.) I adore maps and playing around with them in collages, so I've been busy making map-related collages.

So, for those of you who follow my work, I've got two so far for this theme: "like leaves on a muddy stream" and "due cani". As usual, click on the image to get a larger version.

Kathleen— Sorry to hear you have more waiting to do. Hang in there. Bob's mom was moved to a studio apartment in an assisted-living plus "memory care" facility—people who know how to take care of folks with dementia.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #92  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Hello Support Buddies! I had my 2nd mammogram this morning and they cannot say for sure that the calcifications are benign, so I have to have a biopsy of the tissue to determine if there is breast cancer or not. I am waiting on a call from Solis Mammography, who is waiting on a consultation with my gynecologist, to see what he recommends for the next step. I would like to schedule the biopsy ASAP, and I will let you know when I have a date. Soooooo....... more waiting and more trying to remain calm and positive no matter what! Please keep me and my family in your prayers! I would really appreciate it!
I am thinking of you all the time!! and hoping for the BEST!!

Today is my second day off for this week, yesterday was nice, I lazed around some, and then went outside to shovel/knock back snowbanks, it was about 8 degrees but sunny and I could feel the warmth of the sun even though it was frigid.

I can't even complete ONE day on a 'diet' but I WILL workout almost every day...mostly because I try to force the fact that I CAN workout, I have no disease or disability to hinder me, so to honor this amazing eating machine I am I will work out.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #93  
rockin' my 60s!

Darn it all! I had an episode of -4 depression pain today, and couldn't make it to my appointment with my Qigong instructor. I just couldn't do it, because I don't allow myself to drive when I'm feeling that bad: I'm not safe. So I had to take some extra Geodon and take a nap to throw it off. It's past five now, and I'm feeling much better. I hope I can keep feeling better tomorrow, when I have my regular Friday with Grace. I think the problem is that I'm not doing my Qigong exercises often enough.

As for losing weight, I'm stuck. I stopped eating sugary things, but I'm still craving sweets so I'm still having extra bowls of muesli with stevia & cream. =sigh= I've got to get back to my usual one bowl, measured, at bedtime—and no other times. On February 22 I turn SIXTY, so I want to be losing weight by then.

I've also fallen down twice recently—once a couple of days ago while getting up from the couch and once just now while doing my Qigong practice. Both times I hit the floor in a way such that I didn't injure myself. A little unnerving, though...

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-29-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:14 PM   #94  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Prayers needed!

Well, nothing seems to be going quite right for my little family at the moment. There is more tension in the house than there has been in a LONG while. I hate putting my kids through this. But, at the same time, I have to stand up for myself when necessary. I just hope and pray things will turn around soon. We really need a break!!! My faith remains my Saving Grace, along with my kids, but I am being tested big time! We all are! I truly hate to complain because there ARE many blessings in my life, but (besides God and my faith) my family is the biggest one of all and the one I care the most about. So to have that in such a sad state right now is making life really difficult for all of us. If any of you could spare a prayer for us, please do! Thank you so much for listening and being here for me!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #95  
I can do it!!!

Unhappy Fi

Fi: I am so sorry that you are having such severe depression pain right now. I hope and pray that it will lift soon and give you some much-needed relief! Hang in there and know that we are all sending healing thoughts your way!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #96  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
If any of you could spare a prayer for us, please do! Thank you so much for listening and being here for me!
I am thinking and sending best wishes for you!!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #97  
I can do it!!!

Smile

Holly: Thank you so much!!! I saw your message of support in your previous post as well and I appreciate it! Thank God I decided to join that emotional eating coaching program that hubby thought was a scam. I felt in my gut that it was what I needed right now, so I trusted myself, which is a HUGE step for me. And it has really helped me to avoid emotional eating during this difficult time! So glad I took the leap of faith and now have that group's support as well.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #98  
I can do it!!!

Post Biopsy Date

The date for my breast biopsy is Tuesday, February 10th, at 8:30am. I will be glad to know what I am dealing with. Hopefully, it is nothing! But I am prepared for whatever comes my way. Please send positive, courageous, and strength vibes my way that morning! Thanks!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #99  
I can do it!!!

Question YooHoo.................

Where in the heck is everybody?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:43 PM   #100  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
The date for my breast biopsy is Tuesday, February 10th, at 8:30am. I will be glad to know what I am dealing with. Hopefully, it is nothing! But I am prepared for whatever comes my way. Please send positive, courageous, and strength vibes my way that morning! Thanks!
We WILL!! and every minute up to then too!!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:07 PM   #101  
PaulaChris

S/C/G: 159/

Default Each one of my extra pounds is from emotional pain.

I worked so hard to lose ten pounds. I had plans to lose twenty more. The holidays were next to **** due to a dysfunctional family member. I stuffed my face with everything I wanted. I knew what I was doing. I gained all the weight back and more.

I have since created emotional distance with this person. We now have an email relationship at present, and that is fine by me.

I told her over and over that I want our communication to only be about pleasant things. She is crazy, and she is not going to change. I am no longer willing to engage in trying to work things out with her.

Meanwhile, I am back at weight loss. I want to get down to 130 pounds. I want to feel good and look great. I am taking more time to do what I want. I turn the phone off when I want, etc

PaulaChris
paulachris51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:19 AM   #102  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome!

PaulaChris: to the group! So happy you posted! Sorry to hear that your holidays were lousy and you gained back the weight you had worked so hard to lose. That is really frustrating! At least you know that it was emotional eating. Identifying it is sometimes half the battle. It sounds like you've taken care of putting boundaries on the relationship that caused you so much stress. Good for you for standing up for yourself! Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! We are here to support you in any way that we can!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #103  
rockin' my 60s!

Things went well with Grace last night, and I gave her an early birthday present, since her birthday falls next week. I gave her acrylic paint markers—two different sets, fine and extra-fine, by the same excellent Japanese company. I use paint markers quite often to embellish my collages, and when Grace has worked with my set, she's done a great job.

I did end up needing some more Geodon, though, so I got sleepy and wasn't very interesting company. I'm grumpy this morning, which is my -1 state. I hope that doing my Qigong exercises more frequently will help me get out of this depression soon.

I'm sorry that I'm not writing personal messages. I read all the postings and think about y'all a lot.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:54 AM   #104  
I can do it!!!

Exclamation Reminder!!!

This is a reminder to please follow us to the new February thread for the Ups & Downs Support Group! Hope to see all of you there!!!