Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #91  
on a journey

Hi ladies,

Well, my Dr was very understanding about my finger, she said it shouldn't have been hurting this long and it is still swollen. I just tried to open a pill bottle and winced because it hurt badly. I have to go have another x-ray and physical therapy.

Yes, Jennifer's leaving triggers my abandonment issues. I am getting better about the whole thing now that I know Jennifer is NOT moving far away after she graduates from school. When she first went away to college, I used to cry when I would drive her to college. I just couldn't help it. I was a mess. Like I said, I am not so bad now though.

No migraine today but I am on my 3rd day of a VERY hard period. I went 3 months without much of a period and I think I'm making up for it. I have bled through my tampons, I have bled through my pads. I have bled onto my good couch. I have lost count on how many pants I have gotten blood on. It's been really bad.

amylynne, you need to find a way to relax and unwind. Try this video for one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHYK...4QRy8w&index=1

VermontMom, I have really missed you around here. It's just not the same when you are not here.
Kay, I hope you are doing ok?
Kathleen, thank you for your concern about me. I really appreciate it so much. You are so sweet. I am on Topamax and Imitrex for my migraines. Plus just today, they put me on another med to help me get rid of these recent ones. I have been so sick. I hope this new med helps.

Much love to all you ladies, Fi, chardonnay and anyone I've missed.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 10-22-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #92  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Lisa

Lisa: Hooray for no migraine but BOO on that extremely heavy period!!! You are having one heck of a time! Hang in there! Things will look UP soon!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 230/212/130

Height: 5'7"

Checking in, I've gotten over the cough finally. And the disappointing increase. I weighed in yesterday and yes indeed hadn't lost a single .1 pound even. BUT I never did cheat. My coach said my hydration levels jumped from 5 to 16 so the stress is likely making me retain water which is why I didn't lose anything. I'm still a bit down but motivated and have managed to get myself into what I call auto pilot mode. I'm able to just get things done and not think too much about it. I might have the day off work tomorrow which will be a lifesaver.

Holly: Thanks for the encouragement and the warm wishes! I hope it's warmed up for you now.

AmyLynne: I completely understand I work in mental health too. Not directly with clients most of the time but head office so I do see it all and know it can be super difficult. Good for you! Hope you continue to feel rested.

Lisa: Sorry you're going through a rough patch. My thoughts are with you! I hope things get much better very quickly!

Hope everyone is doing ok! Thanks again to everyone for the support!

-Kay
LadyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #94  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning, another dreary cloudy day, but again I am grateful it is not sn*w. My few hours at the Rat B*stard's work yesterday went OK, my couple of co-workers say they are SO excited to have me start back on Monday what is wrong with them

did the following Fitness Blender workout a little while ago -

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/work...t-FB-Blend/jn/

am trying very hard to focus on positive things, in every aspect. It does help me.

Lisa, I hope you are having a better (lighter!) day! and thank you for your sweet words about having me around I think I've said before that 'in real life' I have mostly work acquaintences and motorcycle people and Facebook friends, but no one I hang out with. You guys feel like real friends that I hang out with

Hi Kathleen, Kay, Chardonnay, Fi, amylynne, Trish, worth, and all others
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #95  
Biker Chick!

this morning, did Fitness Blender's 45 min. HIIT and core workout ://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/HIIT-Cardio-and-Abs-Workout-Insane-At-Home-Fat-Burner-Interval-Cardio-Training-and-Core/hv/

I need to vent, i am not doing too great, this 5th day of gloomy drizzly cold (39) weather is just making me crazy. I have spent most of each day in bed..I get up, have coffee, workout, then go back to bed. Nothing interests me, I don't want to watch TV or a movie or read or anything. I did make myself get up at 2:30 this afternoon to put in my contacts, put on some makeup, did the dishes and took out the recycling..but that's it. I am always so disgusted with myself when I waste so much time. but I can't help it. If it was nice weather i would be outside, working on the lawn, or digging through the garage to clean it up, or stuff inside then outside, but I have been housebound by my own low mood. And it scares me because the above is just about what I do on my 2 days off ALL WINTER.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #96  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Holly: Try not to be too hard on yourself!!! At least you got workouts in and did the dishes. That is more than I accomplish some days. Dreary days are tough on our fragile moods. We actually finally had a beautiful sunny day today, so I was able to get out for a quick walk with my youngest pup, which helped my mood. It has been dreary all week until today, and it was working on my mood, too. Hang in there and hold out for the sun . It will come your way soon! BTW, your workouts sound really hard!!!

Kay: Good for you for not cheating. Keep up the good work and that scale WILL budge down soon!!! Did you have the day off work? I hope so!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 230/212/130

Height: 5'7"

Holly: You may not have done everything you wanted to, but you still got stuff done. Good for you! Much more than I can usually do on my days off. Don't be discouraged.

And yes I did have today off. Caught up on some rest and wasn't productive at all which I kind of needed. I have the weekend to clean the house. I feel rather neutral. Not really good or bad. But definitely relieved to have some time to myself.

Hope everyone else is well

Kay
LadyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #98  
on a journey

I have been so sick since yesterday, a very bad bad migraine. Today, I got up, it was a bit better so I put on my scrubs. I still almost called into work, I can't tell you how bad I was, despite feeling better. I went to Dollar General and bought some over the counter Excedrin Migraine and wouldn't you know it helped. All those prescription meds I took yesterday and they failed miserably.

I am on a heavy dose of steroids...they are trying to get rid of the water on my brain. So far, it is failing miserably too.

I am going to do some laundry today, watch the race, watch football, since I can actually function today.

My weight is the highest it's every been but my spirits are still good. I still find myself attractive. Despite this, I know I cannot go any higher. I have to, at least, hold where i am at.

Sending you all much love. You are so kind and understanding of my pain.

Holly, I am the same way. I don't have a lot of real life friends, just 1 good friend and 1 that I hardly talk to but she would be there for me if anything were to happen to me.

Kay, thank you for your kind thoughts. Things will get better, I just have to hope so.

Kathleen, my period FINALLY ended but the migraines are back. I will be ok, somehow, someway, I will be.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #99  
Biker Chick!

I did not work out yesterday. Today I did a Fitness Blender video, it was 28 minutes of alternating core work and then cardio (burpees, jacks) and I bawled through the whole thing more on that explanation below.

Lisa - so good to hear from you, yet sad about your poor head! but I am so glad the cheap-o Exedrin gave you some relief. I hope you got to relax and watch the games you wanted, after laundry I love that you always have such kind things to say to others, too. And I was reading your blog, and YES it does help us, when we're down, to help others. HOw is your Lab's itchiness?? I found a small Beanie Baby today and gave it to our dog Eddie, he LOVES to tear little stuffed toys apart though I do have to take it from him soon before he gets to dangerous parts.

Kathleen - thanks for your cheering for me too Isn't dreary weather hard for us fragile spirits?! sure is. I'm glad you got a little in your life with the youngest pup. Hope your Sunday today was nice

Kay thanks to you too Yes it should be pointed out to me that at least I did do a couple household things and workouts on my 'back to bed' days. I hope you are doing okay?

I identified what really got me soooo very melancholy ...my family homestead is being sold. My grandparents bought it in 1942, in East Montpelier, about 25 miles from where I live now. (the reason we moved up here was because I love Vermont from coming here for childhood vacations at the homestead.)

I have ancestors in this area that I know of (can name) back into the early 1800's which is so kewl. But after my grandparents died, my mom lived in that house, and she died in 2011..so my uncle had to take care of things. It was a 19 room farmhouse, with all kinds of horse barns and cow barns and corn cribs outside, a kid's paradise to explore in summer. And the closing date is next month. At least it's going to a local farmer who already rented the land, and I 'm pretty sure he wouldnt mind if I visited..but its the end of 50+ years of happy memories for me. And then it makes me think of my ancestors, and how they were actual people, but are now dead..ugh. THAT brings me down.

*read the following only if you're bored*

some kewl things about that farm..the house was built in 1826. In the late 1800's, it was owned by a Mr. Rufus Hill and he had a hired hand whose name was John Buck. John B. fell in love with one of Mr. Hill's 2 daughters..but she did not want him! so he married the other daughter that just seems kind of weird doesn't it. And then Mr. Hill sold the farm to Mr. Buck. John and his wife PLUS the other sister all lived there..and when the unmarried sister (his original love interest) got polio, Mr. Buck built a wrap-a-round porch so she could be wheeled around almost the whole house. I wonder how his bride felt about all of this!!

Anyway, my grandparents bought the farm from Mr. Buck in 1942. For $7800, they got - 240 acres of land, about 4/5 woods and 1/5 fields; a 19 room farmhouse WITH furniture; Horse barn, with horses; cow barn, with a milking herd, and all machinery associated with running a farm. Mr. Buck's original price was $8500, and my grandfather just did not have that money..so he proposed, that he keep a room ready at all times, in the future, for Mr. Buck to come back and stay/live if he wanted..and that sealed the deal !

My great-grandfather's name was Martin Van Buren Hollister and he lived in North Montpelier, 30 miles from me here. His daughter married Theophilus Clark...they had two children, my grandfather Theophilus Raymond and Mildred. My grandfather married Arlene Chenery and they had 2 children, Theophilus Wayne and Raylene (they made her name from "Raymond" and "Arlene") And Raylene had me and if I was a boy, I would have been named Hollister!

thanks, it felt good typing this all out.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

Hi folks! I am still working on placing names with screennames so please forgive me if I get them incorrect!

Kathleen - Thanks for the concern! Spending time with my best friends always seems to lift my spirits some. And vegging out on the couch binge watching Criminal Minds

Hi Holly - you are killing your workouts!! I also think it is hilarious how you write sn*w. So funny. I love snow! I guess since I didn't grow up with it. Be encouraged that you are doing great with your workouts!

Lisa - thanks for the video!! I will watch it soon. I am so so so sorry you are getting migraines. I get chronic migraines and they are the worst. I have been known to pop an Excedrin Migraine even before a migraine comes on because I know one is coming. I've never been diagnosed with any reason why I get them, but I'm hoping the fluid around your brain goes away quickly. I'm sure it would make life a little easier to go without headaches!

Kay - You are doing great on not cheating! It is so hard to work as hard as you do and then not lose any weight. Don't give up! It will come off. Glad you had a fairly easy day off.

I had a good day with my best friends. We usually spend Sundays together (we go to church and then spend the afternoons hanging out). Three of the six of us couldn't come to church, and one was working in the nursery, so it was just two of us actually in service but it was nice. Four of us went out to lunch and then hung for the rest of the day before I had to go to work but it's only a four hour shift so it's not bad and it didn't start until 7pm so that's also not bad. Days like today get me through these weeks. I have to work an overnight this week and I already know it's going to be tough, but I really need the money so I'll make it happen. I'll be one sleepy girl next weekend!

Hope all is well with everyone!
-AmyLynne
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #101  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick note to say that I'm back from the farm. Bob and I had a terrific time, and even the kittens had a blast, running around like maniacs in the larger spaces of the old farmhouse and chasing flies—oh boy did they chase (and eat—yuck) a lot of flies.

I took two pics of my studio right before we left this morning, just for you guys. I had it all tidied up from the mess of easels, paint, & paper scraps it was in when I was working, so that when Bob's mom sees it for the first time, she'll approve (I hope). Here's the first one showing the top of my 10-feet-long maple butcherblock table that weighed 200 pounds (just the top) and arrived in a semi. Bob manhandled it (w/ minimal help from me) onto the two industrial-model leg supports he'd prepared in advance: quite a story there, but all went well. You can also see the Kasimir Malevich print I've already mentioned, and my little supply cabinet with paints, etc., in the corner.

In the second one you can see the little bit of early modern and mid-century modern decor I've been blathering about. The morning sun obscured the lovely view down the valley: assume low Pennsylvania mountains and gorgeous fall foliage. There are two windows on the right that open onto the big old-fashioned porch. Those are not just lathe-and-plaster walls you're looking at, but 1870s lathe-and-horsehair-plaster walls. Apparently in the old days farmers used to pick up extra cash in the spring by gathering up all the hair their horses had shed and selling it to mattress makers and plasterers.

There's lots else to tell—a bear on the property! a night under the stars!—but I'm really trashed by the trip home and doing my 600 leg lifts tonight. I didn't stay exactly on plan while I was at the farm, but pretty close. Now if we can just lick the pesky cold the kitties still have (trip to the vet tomorrow AM), I can truly get re-focused on weight loss. Best wishes to all of you: I'll get caught up tomorrow. =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #102  
on a journey

Dear ladies,

I am struggling today, so down. I cry at the drop of a hat. I am just so very tired of being sick.

These are the days I wish I wasn't alone.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

Lisa, praying for you! So sorry you are feeling so down. Keep your head up, think positive thoughts, meditate, do whatever makes you feel better. You will get through this!
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #104  
on a journey

amylynne, thank you for reminding me that things can get better. Part of me has given up hope.

I am going to bed early tonight, I need some rest.

Much love to all.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #105  
Biker Chick!

Lisa!! I hope I get you before you go to bed, we are here for you so very sorry you're so down!! I hate that you are feeling so alone. I hope your doggie comes over to you to give you a doggie kiss, mine does that sometimes when he senses I need it. I hope you get a lovely deep sleep/rest tonight and that tomorrow is better for you!