Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #46  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Assuming I finish the Shred, I was considering the Blogilates beginners calendar. By all accounts the woman is blindingly cheerful, which would be a nice change from Jillian. I've gotta mute her just to get through the video...

I hear Insanity really lives up to its name, but Shaun T is supposedly quite motivational.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #47  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
By all accounts the woman is blindingly cheerful, which would be a nice change from Jillian. I've gotta mute her just to get through the video....
Wear an ipod and mute the TV. I never exercise without music, I would never get through it.

I don't care to hear Jillian talk either.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #48  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Jillian doesn't bug me. I can tell how much more I have by what she's saying. Sometimes I feel like I'm DONE and can't do more, then hear her say something about "abs like this for free!" And I know I'm close to the 5 more mark and think I can do 5 more... I got this.... and boom, finish.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I like listening to Jillian, both because it reminds me how close I am to finishing and because I find what she says encouraging. I'm generally a fan though. She was always my favorite trainer back when I watched Biggest Loser, and I gained new respect for her when I saw her old chubby pics.

It's nice to know she's not some natural skinny who just decided to become a trainer because she wanted to coach cheerleading or something. She had to learn to love fitness and whip herself into shape.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:28 AM   #50  
Getting my life back

Day 3 level 2 done.

So... planks... does anyone else have their palms hurt? I'm fat, there is a lot of weight going into the heel of my hand and it feels like the bones is being shoved into the mat. Much more painful with the movement which I can do plank jacks Natalie style now... but the palms are so bruised feeling when I get to plank twists I feel like my palms are bruised. I tried getting a squishy pillow... but it only slid. I can do this work out... I just have a hard time with the palm pain......

Also... an interesting problem... my work out shorts are starting to fall off my butt when doing the cardio... they are slipping down my hips!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #51  

Started on L1D5 last night and my body said NOOOOO. The soreness was edging into pain. So I listened and took a rest day instead of Jillian, I just did 20 minutes of light cardio, and I must say I feel MUCH better today, and my body is much happier. I may slink back to my previous workouts earlier than I intended... we'll see how things feel tonight
Old 07-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Day 3 level 2 done.

So... planks... does anyone else have their palms hurt? I'm fat, there is a lot of weight going into the heel of my hand and it feels like the bones is being shoved into the mat. Much more painful with the movement which I can do plank jacks Natalie style now... but the palms are so bruised feeling when I get to plank twists I feel like my palms are bruised. I tried getting a squishy pillow... but it only slid. I can do this work out... I just have a hard time with the palm pain......

Also... an interesting problem... my work out shorts are starting to fall off my butt when doing the cardio... they are slipping down my hips!
Have you tried doing planks on your forearms instead of your hands? It still works your core the same, so should be ok to do.

Like this...
http://media2.onsugar.com/files/2013...30.preview.jpg
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #53  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Have you tried doing planks on your forearms instead of your hands? It still works your core the same, so should be ok to do.

Like this...
http://media2.onsugar.com/files/2013...30.preview.jpg
Excellent!! This will solve all the blood rushing to my face too, I hate that.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #54  
Still Chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Day 3 level 2 done.
That sounds like an awesome problem to have!

I don't actually own shorts...so I workout in my tank top and underwear. Its a really classy affair, let me tell you.

I haven't been doing the shred lately. I have been really struggling with emotional stuff and making the wrong choice in terms of exercise (ie: not doing it). I'm like two days behind schedule and finding it hard to jump back in.

You ladies are killin' it though. It is really motivational to hear how you are all muscling through. I want to be there at the finish line with you all. I want to prove to myself that I can finish this, even when it is unpleasant, even when I want to quit, even if I have to go back to level 1 because level 2 is a h-ll dimension. I can finish this.

Edit: L2D4 is finished.

Last edited by tinneranne2; 07-30-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #55  
Getting my life back

I took two days off. It was needed and I don't feel guilty, why? Because I started again. You will feel good if you start again as well. You lost 5kg! That's awesome! Keep at it!

Also, the plank doesn't really work with level 2.... My palms still hurt but I'm doing Natalie Plank Jacks and forward thrusts on the planks. It's the last ab moves that kill me because my hands are all ready sore.

6 days left of level 2.... can't wait....
Old 07-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #56  

Yeah, I had my second day off yesterday and I can't recommend taking rest days enough. After a couple days of recovery I feel so much better, AND my weight - which had stalled out during the shred - plummeted after my rest day.

I'm getting back on the proverbial horse after work, but I'm so glad I took it down a notch for a couple days.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #57  
Still Chubby

kurisitaru I have to stick with Anita for all the plank moves, Nat for everything else. Those things are tough. I can do a static plank for 90 seconds, but jumping and pushing up...nope. Hurting hands or no, you're a champ. If it bugs you too much, you can always hang out with me and Anita.

I started losing at 76kg, started the shred at 72.5kg, and now I'm 71kg. I wasn't planning on weighing myself until after I finished, but I had to opportunity to snag the scale I had been using at school...and I was curious. lol. I'd like to be at 69.5kg for L3D10, but thats pretty optimistic. Just making it to L3D10 will be cause enough for celebration!

Last edited by tinneranne2; 07-30-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #58  
Warrior Princess

I'm still hanging in there. I ran 3 1/2 miles last night, tonight was L1. I have to switch it up.. I love running too much and have to keep at it to not lose stamina. My thighs are still jacked up.

I'm going to keep doing 30DS for sure but I don't plan to stick with it according to plan. I didn't last time either. Can't rush perfection.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #59  
Getting my life back

I actually think jumping relieves some pressure on the hands... the twists hurt like **** though.

5 more days of this....

I remember level 3 being a cake walk in comparison to level 2.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #60  
Getting my life back

4 days left...
Serious Natalie's today... and didn't pause on any weights... this does get easier... amazingly... palms don't hurt as much.