3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Fluoexetine and Weight Loss

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #1

Unhappy Fluoexetine and Weight Loss

A year ago last April I had surgery for a cyst on my heart. All went well with the surgery. Before surgery I weighed 130lbs and smoked a pack of cigs a day. I did quit smoking after the surgery. While I was recooperating from the surgery I was on all kinds of pain meds. When I quit taking them and went back to work my weight went from 131 to 170 in 4 months time. I do not drink alcohol nor eat like a pig. I eat around 1200 calories a day. I am on xanax for anxiety. Mr DR tested me for thyroid and put me on 0.05 levoxyl a day. I also did the Atkins diet for a while ( lost a whole 4 lbs in three months )I went to another Dr who switched me from levoxyl to synthroid. She also prescibed Fluoxetine. She said I showed signs of depression. She also says this medication will help me lose weight. I also am on wellbutrin 150 mgs twice a day. I excercise reg and watch what I eat ( no bread, sugars, salt or butter ) I also drink about 64oz of water a day and no soda. I apologize for being so long winded but if anyone can give me some input I would greatly appreciate it.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.