Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #151  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome SunjumD and Chelainabear!! Glad to see you here!

You will find lots of support and encouragement here!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. I just got back from my brothers house. We went to Holiday World yesterday and now I feel like I've been hit by a semi truck! Rode three wooden coasters there and man are they rough! Got some bumps and bruises to go along with the pain, but it was sooooo worth it. A much needed day of fun!

You know how I was scared about eating during the day at the park? Well, I think I did pretty good! I had a small bagel for breakfast and once we got to the park we had lunch: I had a cheeseburger and small fry, a small pepsi, and 3 oreo cookies. Then a little later I SHARED a funnel cake with chocolate on it with my brother. Was so happy I didn't end up eating an entire one myself! Walking around I really wanted to get something else like a pretzel or something, but I didn't! I did have a few more small pepsi's though. We went home and I just drank some water since I felt pretty dehydrated. Haven't drank that much pop in a day in a loooong time, but it was free and it was a fun day! Not to mention we walked soooo much.

For me this was a great day. I probably went way over calories or at least close and it was mostly all crap food, but I controlled myself pretty well which is awesome.

I got on the scale today, just to check it to see where my new starting point is and I saw 178.5! Guess all that walking really paid off!! WOOT!

Starting my new job tomorrow. Nervous and excited!! I'll post tomorrow night with all my first day info!
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Thank you for the welcome, FleurDeLis! That really sounds like a fun day, and I'm happy to hear that you feel good about your choices! We all deserve a little bit of splurging sometimes, but it's great that you still kept in mind the temptations around you.

And good luck on your first day tomorrow, I'm excited to hear about it
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #153  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Good luck!

Sabrina (FleurDeLis): Best of luck to you as you start your new job tomorrow! I will say a prayer that all goes well for you and that you love it!!! Please do let us know how it goes!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #154  

I had every good intention of going to to the doctor to make an appointment, and they were closed when I got there around 1:45! Apparently they take lunch from 1-2, and I worked at 2, so it was a no go.
BUT I will call tomorrow, and get that appointment set

In other news, I did a 30 minute cardio workout this morning, then spent 8 hours working, on my feet the entire time. Not the smartest combo I've ever made, I'm in full limp noodle mode.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

GRRRR
I hate it when I write out a whole personals post and then my computer decides that it doesn't want to go anymore. >.< Now I am aggravated. Greeeeat.

Let me trying again.
Chelainabear & SunjumD

Kathleen - how is low carb? I don't think I have seen you update us about it in a few days. Of course, it is very possible I just missed it entirely.

Sabrina - Wishing you the best of luck at your new job! I am looking forward to hearing how your first day was.

Fi - How is BERP? I am right with you there with loved ones who have mental health issues. Intellectually I know that it can't be helped, but it is so energetically draining.

Worthy - Look at you! Congrats! You are almost to Onederland and you are over halfway to your goal! Great job!!!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #156  

Ok. I wanted to make sure the personals posted before I wrote my own personal. Today, I am feeling pretty crampy and tired and bloaty. Special thanks to TOM for that. All of my coworkers are equally stretched to the limit like I am. I just have this selfish tendency to think that I have more than everyone (certainly NOT the case). Everyone has their own battles right now. I try to keep that perspective. I am not always successful. Bleh.

Positives positives positives

Honestly, I feel like crud. I feel fat. I definitely feel the F-word today. Fat fat fat. What does fat actually mean in terms of mood? Fat means insecure. Fat means antisocial. Fat means shy. Fat means frustrated. Fat means discouraged. Fat means anxious. Fat. Fat. FAT. That is how I feel right now.

I feel like I can't do this. That all my efforts have been wastes. What is the point?

I tell my depression to shut its mouth but it only makes me feel crazier.

Well, off to work.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #157  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Hi there

Hi...

Welcome, Chelaina! I hope that you like our group!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm a bit nervous about my nose and sinus surgery on Tuesday. I'm dreading it, especially the pain. Oh well, I am glad to be getting it over and done with.

I'm a bit sleepy today, I'd just love to curl up in bed and relax. I'm trying to get my apartment looking cleaner for my surgery next week.

Have a nice day!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #158  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm finding the BERP (Big Entropy Reduction Project) quite stressful today, since I've moved my focus to the mess in our master bedroom. When the kittens arrive on Sunday night, we will bring them up to the bedroom and close the door before we let them out of their traveling crate. For the first few days they will have their food, their litter box, all that they need, in our bedroom. We do that so that they'll have a chance to bond with Bob & me in a small, intimate setting before they are set loose to explore our whole house and start learning the rules. (The main rule will be that they are never allowed on the kitchen countertops or the kitchen table.)

Anyway, the master bedroom mess is mostly my own clothes, which are always hard for me to deal with because I don't have enough closet and drawer space for all the many sizes of clothes that I have—everything from size 10-12 all the way up to 5X. =sigh= But the main focus vis-a-vis the kittens is just to tidy things up enough that there will be room for their crate (with a bed in it), their food & water bowls, and their litterbox. I can do it: I just need to stay focused and not worry about the fact that I don't yet fit into this garment or that one.

Thanks for the support, y'all! In a few days the BERP will be essentially over, and I'll be reporting on my new fur-kids. =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #159  
I can do it!!!

Red face Hannah

Hannah: So sorry you are feeling fat and frustrated. I hate those days!!! I can really relate, but I have been doing my low carb eating for the 6th day now, so I am trying really hard to trust the process and that I WILL see and FEEL results sooner or later. Try to do just ONE positive thing for YOURSELF tonight, and hopefully that will get you headed in the right direction regarding your mood. I am sending you BIG HUGS through cyberspace!!! Hope you feel better soon!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #160  
I can do it!!!

Smile Chelainabear

Chelainabear: Sorry you missed the chance to make your appointment today at the doctor's office. Probably somewhat of a relief but also a bummer, too, since you made the trip there. I hope you will follow through with making an appointment, so that you can get the help you deserve. Great job on doing 30 minutes of cardio! Glad to see you posting!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #161  

IBelieveInMe2:I did follow through, surprisingly. I called and made an appointment for Monday morning, since I don't work until 1 that day. When the receptionist asked why I wanted to see the doctor, I hesitated, but I told her it was for depression consultation and treatment. Even just on the phone, that was hard, but I did it. I'm just really hoping that I can maybe get started on treatment, and that will help me stay motivated and on track.

Hannah: Everyone does have their struggles, and it's really empathetic and self-aware to consider them, that doesn't mean that your own struggles aren't real and difficult and frustrating. It's okay to feel upset on your own behalf without thinking about how others may have it just as bad. I hope at least one good thing happens that helps you out of that feeling, though!

Fi: You CAN do it! I hate the process of cleaning up, but one thing you can count on is that you'll feel great after it's done. Good luck, I'm sure the kittens will love it no matter what

Last edited by Chelainabear; 07-30-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #162  

Thanks all for the encouraging and thoughtful words. I feel much better now. I think I am starting to get caught up at work, and I am taking plenty of breaks so I don't feel so overwhelmed. I have been walking and exercising a lot. In fact, most days of the week. So I think that is helping my mood tremendously. Anxiety is the deal of the day though. I see my psychiatrist tomorrow. I actually look forward to those appointments. It is nice to have a doctor that I feel comfortable with. I also made another list of appointments that I needed to make and tackled them today. Woo! Combat anxiety with action!!!

Kathleen - I am glad to see that you are still doing it. Way to go! You can definitely do it. Also, I could definitely feel your cyber hugs and good vibes.

Fi - Good for you for chunking the BERP into smaller goals so that it is not so overwhelming. I bet you are getting way excited to have your babies!!

Amy - Oh good luck to you! You are definitely in my thoughts and I am sending positive vibes your way. I am so sorry that you have to have surgery. Hopefully it will take care of your problem.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #163  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hannah-

Thanks so much! I am dreading the surgery but I'm glad to be getting it over with. I like my surgeon, he is very kind and sweet. I'm just dreading the post op pain and the office visits. I had similar surgery as a kid, about 20 years ago. It helped me out a lot.

I'm excited, I'm going to get Balayage highlights next week. I actually met a different stylist today who is very sweet, she works in a salon literally across the street from where I live. I like the color that they use and the price is reasonable, I've read a lot of great reviews about this stylist on Yelp.

I'm seeing a new therapist on Friday. I hope that goes well.

Take care.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #164  

seabiscuit: Oooh, I bet the balayage style will look great! That's what I'm hoping to get once my paychecks start coming in from my new job. Excited to hear how that and the surgery goes!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #165  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Amy— Let me make a strong recommendation to you that you talk to your surgeon about dreading the post-op pain. If you can tolerate a strong pain killer like Percocet (for example), there is no reason why he/she shouldn't prescribe one for you. I mention Percocet in particular because it isn't as sedating as some of the others (like Codeine, which is the active ingredient in Tylenol #3, and frankly, is not very effective). Some people have a bit of nausea when first starting Percocet, but a good over-the-counter antacid like Gaviscon is usually very helpful with the initial nausea. Just tell him/her that you've had trouble with pain from similar surgeries in the past. Tell him that over-the-counter pain killers, or whatever others you were prescribed, have not been much relief in the past. Surgeons know about post-op pain, and they know that some people experience more of it than others. Don't be shy about it: ask for something that will work! And if what your surgeon does prescribe is insufficient to bring you relief, call his/her nurse or receptionist and ask for something stronger. There is no reason why you should have to go through that. I am a physician, and I have had post-op pain myself, so I know a little bit about these things.

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-30-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote