Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #31  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Welcome!

SL36: to the group! Happy to have you here! I'm sorry that you have struggled with depression for such a long time. Many of us have. Congratulations on buckling down and losing almost 40 pounds last year!!! I would KILL for even the 160 weight right now, but I understand your concern that you will regain all of the weight you lost. It is scary and frustrating! I lost over 35 pounds about 4 years ago and did gain that and more back. The POSITIVE thing you have going for you is that you KNOW what works for you: exercise and eating healthy. It worked before, so it will most likely work again ~ to help you to lose the 10 extra pounds you've put on and STOP the weight gain. Do what you can to stop the gain NOW, so that you won't have to lose all of it again. I know that is easier said than done, but we will cheer you on all the way!!! Since you had the courage to post here, you are no longer alone on this journey! We all stand together with you and have weight loss as our goal, too! WE can ALL do this..... TOGETHER!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #32  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm afraid I had a rough day. I had to deal with a full box with lots of images needing clipping. All the decisions I'm making are wearing me out: at one point I calculated that I was making some 200-400 decisions an hour. What to keep, what to toss. What to clip, how to clip it. Over and over and over again.

I had a pretty bad slump into depression pain that lasted far into the evening. It was especially frustrating because our niece Margaret and her 7-yr-old son Gavin came over, and sort of spontaneously they ended up staying for dinner. Eventually I couldn't take the socializing anymore, and had to excuse myself to take some extra Geodon and curl up in a ball on the couch. Embarrassing...

I can't believe I have to face the BERP again in the morning. I'm starting to hit the wall...
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #33  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Fleur: Yay! Congratulations on a baggy size 18 on your way to 16. How I look forward to the day I can say the same! Keep up the good work on your classes. You won't regret that, either!

Amy: Hope the cold is much better. I'm not sure about rust stains on marble. Try Googling it?

Ohio: Keep up the hard work on your math courses. I hope your cold is much better by now. How did the math test go?

Fiona: The kittens are adorable. I bet you are so excited to add them to your family. Keep BERPing!

Holly: Good on you for using sunscreen. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I hate that I'm reaching the stage that wrinkles are becoming visible. Of course, the weight loss only accelerated that process. I admire you for being able to do your summer job and not spend a lot of calories "testing" your final products.

Melarie: Welcome to the group! You're lucky to have a job where you can move around a lot. On those days with shorter shifts, you'll have time to get even more exercise in.

MonteCristo: Sorry about the crappy tenant but at least she's out. Definitely keeping the exercise room neat and inviting is the way to go!

Lilturtle: Your trip to the grocery is long-since over but you can always try the trick of eating a meal before going shopping so you're not hungry and will stick to your grocery list.

IBelieveInMe: I'm very sorry to read that you had a trying run-in with your parents. Parents do have a way of pushing buttons. I'm proud of you, too, for recognizing your triggers and staying in control of the emotional eating. Congratulations for getting back on track at the gym and grocery store. Never give up!

SL36: Welcome to the group. It must be very difficult to relocate away from friends and family. I'm not sure if you're in military housing or if spouses have access to a fitness facility. If you're a sociable person, you might make new friends by hanging out in places where other military wives hang out. I, personally, live and work in a place I've been for years but all my close friends have married and moved on to other areas of the country and other ways of life so I have been doing my weight loss program without support. It can be very difficult and lonely. The best thing you can do is get yourself a good pair of sturdy sneakers and head out the door! Get walking and explore your new city. And don't forget that sunscreen!

The male cardinal is sitting outside in the yard singing away like crazy. Some of you are probably surrounded by cardinals all the time and think they make a racket but where I live, they are a rare bird so we're very excited to have a nesting pair who call your property home.

I head back to the doctor this morning. I think the decision will be made today about whether or not I should transition. I go back and forth. One minute, I think it would be best to transition to a non-ketosis diet now, while the weather is good and I'm doing so well with my fitness. The next minute, I'm afraid that if I transition, my weight loss progress will slow to zero. Oh, I wish I didn't over-think things! What must it be like for people who just make a decision, boom, just like that, without agonizing over it?
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #34  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

just wanted to post that I am still alive, and while I haven't been doing great on the eating front, things are getting better and I will probably pop in this weekend and catch up with everybody - have a good rest of the week all!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #35  
on a journey

Hello everyone.

I passed my TEST!!!!!!!!

Now I am onto Algebra. booooooo LOL Does anyone on here know Algebra??? I think I'm going to need help. Actually I have a tutor once a week. I'd go more often but my class is only once a week.

SL36Welcome to the group. I feel so badly for you. It is awful when you don't feel like you have a support system. I don't have a lot of friends either. I have once good friend and I have my family. Just try to get out and make new friends. I usually make new friends at work. Just lean on us here for support. We are always here to listen.

Fi, good luck with your kittens. I totally understand what it is like to have pets that add so much to your life, that they are family.

Worththeeffort2, holymoly, girl you go. You are doing so good!!!! I wish I could work out like that.

I have bad news. My cell phone has been acting up and it might be going bad. If it does, I am sunk. I guess at some point i got pop inside it, it was all sticky when I took the back off it. I wiped it with a damp cloth but it may be ruined. I'll let you know if it continues to act up on me.

Much love to all you girls.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Fiona - I am sorry you are struggling. Go easy on yourself a bit. The slump will pass and you'll be back to BERPing again.

I do my grocery shopping online. It gives me time to think about what I am ordering, check calories and compare things easier. Plus no impulse buying. It also saves time at the store. I just go and they come out and load it into the car.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #37  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I am OLD!!!

Well, today was my 8th graders LAST day of grade school. She is now officially a FRESHMAN in HIGH SCHOOL!!! The graduation is tonight, but they held a really nice candle ceremony along with a school mass this morning that was a real tear-jerker! The graduatiing 8th graders light their candles and then pass their light on to the upcoming 8th graders. Then the 8th graders all sing together, "Take Your Candle; Go Light Your World." It is really beautiful and so touching. I can't believe that BOTH of my kids are now in HIGH SCHOOL. I am feeling quite OLD today. But I am very happy for both of my children and feel blessed that they have both come SO FAR! My now SENIOR in high school was 2 lbs, 3 oz at birth and my now FRESHMAN was 3 lbs, 5 oz and has Spina Bifida. (Yes, I had trouble carrying my pregnancies to term! All of my children were born very prematurely and my son's twin died 14 hours after birth, for any of you who didn't know.) My kids mean THE WORLD to me, so today is a very emotional day for me. I will be somewhat relieved after the 8th grade graduation tonight. On to high school. Unbelievable!!! My "babies" are growing up so fast!!!

Lisa (ohiofreespirit): CONGRATULATIONS on PASSING your test!!!!!!!! That is wonderful news! I am very happy for you!

Fi: So sorry you had a rough day yesterday!!! You have worked so hard on the BERP. Maybe you need to take more than one day off right now. Your body seems to be telling you so. Listen to it's signals. I just don't want you to overdo it and then set yourself back in the depression department. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult clearing clutter can be (believe me!!!). You can do it! Maybe you just need a little BREAK! And that is OKAY!!! Take good care of yourself first! The clutter will wait!

lostbutstilltrying: Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear that things are beginning to get better for you.

Worthy: Best of luck deciding if you should transition in your weight loss program yet or not. Tough decision! Hope your doctor will provide you with good guidance.

Trish: Online shopping for groceries is a great idea! How convenient to make the decisions at home ~ without temptations ~ and just go and pick everything up.

Waving HELLO to everyone else!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #38  
Because I am.

Congratulations, OhioFreeSpirit! Excellent job. Hope you take time to feel really proud of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back.

Khan Academy, free online, is a fantastic resource. 60 Minutes did a segment about the quality of the lessons posted on the site. You have to register to use the site but the courses are structured to walk folks right through them using video and audio.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Congrats Ohio! Algebra is my specialty, so feel free to ask any time you need some help! Seriously, I won't mind - it's fun for me since I don't get to use that kind of math much these days

worththeeffort2 Thank you, and yes I am lucky. I feel so much healthier getting all that exercise and it's really helped my depression so far too! Unfortunately though, I can't work out on my short-shift-days because they're evening shifts, and I worry that exercising in the morning will have me tired halfway through the night. Maybe once I get more used to the activity though! Right now though, I don't think I can handle more exercise than work. I still have my newbie feet and back. :P

I'd write more but I'm beat and I have to be up early in the morning. Just wanted to check in and update. I'm feeling great today! I went shopping earlier and while I didn't find what I was looking for, I found a great dress for $8. It's from Nicki Minaj's line and the way it's cut is perfect for my big butt On top of that, I get to work with this awesome guy-friend of mine tomorrow for most of my shift!
Melarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #40  

No sleep again last night. It is stress related and I don't know how to manage it. I haven't seen a psych since March. I'm on a waiting list for a therapist who once I see them will refer me to the doctor so it will be God knows how long until I see one.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #41  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. Today was a long day but a good one. I got the keys to my new apartment and I'm looking forward to a new place to live. I just have to learn from my mistakes, I don't want history to repeat itself.

I feel a bit overwhelmed with the move and some ongoing medical issues but I think today was a good day.

Good night.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/195/150

I'm excited for tomorrow. I get to work with my new guy friend and we have an awesome team for closing! Should be a good day compared to the last week or so. Unless they drag him downstairs to cover a call-off. I swear somebody calls of every single day And they always pull from men's. Like hello! It's almost Father's Day, we're busy as **** in Men's!

But on another note, I got a pap smear at the beginning of May and my gyn called me the other day. I've been working during office hours every day since and won't get a chance to call back until Monday. Hoping everything is Ok! And I only have 20 hours next week, which normally would be fine, but my long distance boyfriend is coming to see me in August and I really need the money! I can not afford for every week to be like this so I hope they're just trying to fix my average for a busy week later in the month. I'll have to really save this month to make up for the lousy hours.
Melarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #43  
Because I am.

Just a quick post this morning. It appears I've plateaued at 218. Super heavy, calorie-blasting workouts all week and no loss according to the scale. Even though it is Sunday, which is usually a day for a longer workout, I think I'll keep it light today--maybe just a walk--and give myself a bit of a break before hitting the gym hard again on Monday. Barrels of sunshine and warm temps today so I do plan to get outside and soak up some Vit. D.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #44  

I'm still not exercising much. I go for a very short walk M-F. My mobility isn't improving. Plain old walking is a challenge still even with losing 100+ lbs. I'm really discouraged. I didn't lose any weight this week either. This is the first time I weighed myself and it wasn't lower. With not sleeping well so often I think I am eating more. I'm really frustrated.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #45  
Because I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilturtle View Post
I didn't lose any weight this week either. This is the first time I weighed myself and it wasn't lower. With not sleeping well so often I think I am eating more. I'm really frustrated.
We both just need to stick with it. Don't give up. Recommit to your program and do the best you can to get your walking in. We can both do this, lilturtle. All of us can do this!

Celebrated my birthday today by taking a shopping trip. I tried on a pair of size 20 jeans and they fit. Unfortunately, they were low-rise jeans and $70. Besides that, they already had holes in them. Not a chance was I spending money on those. Since the 20 fits (down another size!), I came home and ordered 3 pair of jeans online for less than $60. ($19.99 each and a 40% off one item coupon).

We went out for lunch for the first time in eight months. I had a salad a lobster caesar salad. I forgot to ask for the dressing on the size so couldn't eat the lettuce on the bottom of the plate because it was saturated with fatty dressing. All I really wanted was the chunks of lobster, anyway. The salad was to fill in the gaps.