Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #166  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Angry Dang it!!!

I just posted long personals and everything and LOST IT ~ again ~ in cyberspace!!! I will be logged in and then ~ after writing a lost post ~ it asks me to log in again and knocks my post out. Arrrrrrgh! I am reading along and will post again soon, but wanted to let you know that I'm okay. At the lake for a long weekend and going out to walk the dogs with our little family NOW!!! Hope all is well with everyone! Thanks for keeping this group rolling, even in my absence! You gals are AWESOME!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #167  
on a journey

I hope this post finds you well.

Things here are ok. My house is a mess, I just can never seem to keep up.

I have been so down for so long. The Dr said I was on a bi-polar downer so she suggested putting me on Lamatical. I am starting to feel a little bit better. One more week, I can go up to 2 pills. It is a slow progression on this medicine.

I haven't been working out. I know I should but my motivation is zilch. I think at some point, I will but I have not yet hit rock bottom. Until then, I am still really happy with myself. I have a great life. I have a daughter who loves me. I have a roof over my head and a nice car. I am pretty and very kind to others. I love my jobs. I am very lucky so until the time comes when I lose some weight, it will just be icing on the cake.

My math class is going well. I passed my 1st Unit test. Now it is onto decimals, percentages and ratios. Word problems really give me fits but I just keep trying and passing my homework and tests. We have to get 80% on everything we do, even the tests. I actually enjoy math, even though I am not that great at it.

I miss you all and hope you are healthy and happy.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 05-24-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #168  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey, hope everyone is having a good weekend. Mine has been good so far. Woke up today and got a haircut, mowed the lawn, and did a lot of homework for my government class. Ugh! That last bit was the worst part of the day.

We went to the cemetery today and got to see Isabelle's grave marker and vase. We bought some artificial flowers to have out there. It's very beautiful. We also installed an eternal lighthouse with a solar LED candle that will light up at night. It's so pretty. Went to mass afterward and then home to relax. I did MORE homework. I have this week off from class for Memorial Day, but I plan on working on assignment anyways to get ahead.

Hubby and I have booked a trip to Nashville, IN. It's a bed and breakfast that has HOT TUBS in the room!!!!!! YEAH! We had the trip set for last summer for our anniversary, but since I had gotten pregnant we cancelled it. No wine and no hot tub would have been a bummer. So we decided to make the trip this summer for our anniversary. I can't wait!

I've been doing really well eating wise. Smaller portions, counting calories as best I can. I'm so glad I have Monday off, the extra day will be nice to relax.

Vermont- I wouldn't say I lift heavy. I've only been into for about a month now. I bench a measly 35 lbs right now, but did two reps at 40lbs after my three sets the other day. Leg Press 210lbs, deadlift 60lbs, shoulder press 15lb db's, calf raises via leg press machine 210lbs. I do a few more lifts, but that's the gist of it. I've improved quite a bit from where I started.

lostbutstilltrying- Lifting is intimidating at first. Going into the free weight area will feel uncomfortable, but just go in and do your thing. It will feel awkward the first few times because you don't know where anything is and there are all these beefy people around. Focus on form. If you have terrible form, you'll end up hurting yourself. Also don't start heavy, make sure to work your way up to the heavy stuff. Also, if possible, use free weights and not machines. I only use two machines in my routine, seated row machine and the assisted pull up machine.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #169  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I am up pretty early. It's just so easy, with birds and approaching daylight which is SO nice. In winter I would not get up before 7:30 yikes.

Had dinner with our son, other son and his fiance last night, nice. Younger son nd fiance are getting married this Sept. 27. I am making their cakey dessert substance she would like Cake Balls. I know of them; never had one, never made them ... yet. I have 5 months to practice, lol

I had to be extremely direct (mean/b*tchy) to the new guy at work, he did something again which I had nicely asked him NOT to do, which affects my job. Well maybe now he will remember. My chef boss was right there and did not correct me so I know I was right

Fi, i am sorry Bob is not sounding on board with the good changes! I hope he comes around and appreciates and can see 'the whole picture' soon.

Ohio, so good to hear from you, and i love your positive attributes I hope your new med takes effect SOON so you feel better.

Sabrina, you sure do alot on your days off I guess we have to, right, or else nothing would get done. I love the solar lights I have seen in cemetaries, they are beautiful, such a nice 'night light' for the ones we love. Kewl about the booked time away!

worthy - WOW 90 min. of intervals, you sure did kick your own butt, lol. High viz is the way to go! great advice from Sabrina to you about weights. Also tons of tutorials on youtube but as you know, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's right, lol. I have also read the benefits of free weights vs. machines, you exert more effort with free weights so maybe more benefits in shorter time...whatever works for you, wtih no pain or injuries. congrats on sticking to plan and I would say that the interval work plus counting calories SHOULD make some loss!! let's hope so!

Kathleen - oh, the lost posts are SO frustrating aren't they. Hope you have nice weather for time at the lake and good walks!

lost anytime we DON't turn to food in times of stress is great!! very glad you didn't and proud of you also.

Hi to Amy, Chelsea, lilturtle, Monte Cristo!

Oh I've been doing SO very well with light and relatively clean eating, despite the constant temptations at work; until last night, my younger son gave me some Lake Champlain (locally made) chocolate for a late Mother's day gift. The dark chocolate/coffee truffle bar made me lose control and i ate the whole thing 6 ounces I think, maybe 8 ounces
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #170  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Fiona: I'm sorry Bob is not being very supportive right now. I hope his mood changes for the better very soon.

Kathleen: I type up my longer emails in Notepad first. That way, I can read each person's post and respond to it, then just copy and past into the reply tool. I started using this approach after losing one of those long, personalized responses, too!

Ohio: Fantastic work on the math class. I've tried and tried to refresh my math skills because they truly aren't any good. I admire you for taking the class and doing so well. Keep studying hard. It will be so worth it!

Fleur/Sabrina: Your vacation sounds so relaxing and wonderful. Wine and a hot tub. ~sigh~ Maybe your hubby will toss in a foot massage to boot! You sure outdistance me in the lifting department! Great job! You're right the free-weights area is very intimidating.

Holly: Cake balls? Isn't that a Batchelorette Party dessert? Do I sense the guests will be dining on cake balls on occasion during the next five months? Good for you for standing up to the new guy. You asked nicely once. You were direct the second time. B**chy doesn't come around until the third time when you bounce his head off the wall as a 'gentle' reminder.

Through my MyFitnessPal account, I received an email yesterday with links to some exercises to be done using free weights. Sabrina and Holly, with your encouragement here, after studying the form in the demonstration videos, I may just try the free-weight area of the gym on Tuesday. Can you hear my teeth chattering?

I'm off to visit my parents today and take them to the family cemetery to lay flowers. Since they are both elderly now and unsteady on their feet, I don't want them in a remote cemetery alone where one or both could fall. Even though my idiot brother has lived in their house with his wife and two children rent-free for more than two years, he doesn't do this sort of thing for them. So, I will drive up to pay a visit and lend a hand today to make sure all is safe and secure.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone. Be safe.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #171  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi there everyone...

I'm exhausted because my allergies are terrible! I have so much to do with packing, cleaning, etc., but I just have not had the energy. Today I bought a few things at the grocery store, then I bought Snickers a big exercise ball, I think he will have fun with it.

Sorry for a short post, take care!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #172  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Worthy - LOL @ the cake balls joke and hey, that's kewl that you decided to hit the free weights section tomorrow!! you go! and thanks for your input on the co-worker, LOL! He seems to have straightened out..for now. And as for your brother and his family who aren't helping your parents, grrr...!You are a wonderful daughter to visit and drive them to the cemetary.

I'm always so confused about Memorial Day..is it for anyone who has passed away, or just vets?? You see the veterans honored of course but my family has always gone to the cemetary to place flowers on family members who are not military.

Amy - so sorry your allergies are making you miserable! Must get in the way of needing to continue your packing/moving process. I hope you feel better soon! and is the exercise ball the one that they can roam all over? sounds fun

Hi to Fi, , Kathleen, Sabrina, Monte Cristo, Ohio, lilturtle, Chelsea, lost; we haven't heard from coffeeshopgirl, project judi, 1life, nor hope for a while, I hope you are all good!

I have some bug bites that are making me I even took 2 benadryl last night to help..it did help but i got so very drowsy. Got the bites from cutting the grass yesterday, should have worn long sleeves!

I have off today, not because of the holiday, just that i have Mondays off; and it was wet this morning, then dried out, so I weedwhacked and it looks so nice and tidy. It is clouding up again., it just keeps changing. I have ridden to work a couple times now, but really want that to be every day. I could get on the bike now..but I really don't need to just ride for the purpose of doing it..don't want to go to a coffee shop because I would just be tempted.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #173  
Because I am.

Holly: Memorial Day used to be Decoration Day, established to memorialize America's Civil War dead. Later it included all Americans killed in combat. Because families commemorate their relations who served, I think it was a natural progression that the opportunity started to be used to spruce up the graves of other family members, as well.

It was cloudy and raining when I took to the elliptical for a workout this morning. I did 60 minutes straight. Once I was done, I got to thinking about the fact that just six months ago, I struggled through only 10 minutes before having to stop to rest, gasping for breath. Today, I was turning up the resistance. I needed the extra calorie burn to compensate for that bratwurst I ate for supper last night. It wasn't a binge it was just a really high-fat, processed meat product that I shouldn't have eaten but that tasted SOOoooooo good.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I watched Flags of Our Fathers last night in honor of Memorial Day. I am so grateful to the men and women that serve in our military. I know I can't so thank God for those that do.

My eating hasn't been all that great. I hope to get back on track this week and get on that darn scale.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #175  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Ugh! I just deleted a long reply! So frustrating!

Oh well, I'm having an ok day but it's too warm.

I've started packing more today but I have more to do. Snick doesn't like his new toy, he's scared of it so I'm returning it.

I'm thinking of going back to my fitness pal. The possibility of ankle surgery is becoming more real. I'm going to get another opinion, maybe I'll have it up where my family is, although I do like this surgeon.

Take care, have a good night!

Amy
Old 05-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #176  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

ohiofreespirit, I get your house related pain - I am pretty sure I have more mess than house at this point - if I am having a down or anxious day and I get the minimum done, everybody feed, clean enough and out the door then I give myself a pat on the back and that is good enough. Good job on the math test!

FleurDeLis, I have never been to Nashville and thought about going, because it’s not too far – be sure tell us how you enjoyed it when you get back. And thank you for the good advice about lifting!

VermontMom – I too am finding myself getting up earlier, but in my case, it’s because the dog and cats see the sunshine, hear the birdies and come jump on the bed until I wake up. Learn about alarm clocks silly animals!

worththeeffort2, good for you for taking care of your aging parents. I have often worked with the elderly and so many of them are forgotten by their busy younger families and they feel restricted and lonely. Sounds like you think they are worth the effort too!

seabiscuit – sorry to hear about your allergies, no fun at all! I misread your post at first and thought you bought a big snickers exercise ball and I was picturing a strange contraption that has a snickers candy bar in it that rolls away from you so you have to chase it down to get the candy bar. Sorry the kitty didn’t like it, I’ve had that happen and I think you’re smart to get a second opinion on the surgery. That is always a good idea

lilturtle – Hi! You can do it! You can get back on track!

I am doing better up-wise as well, am making progress on the job training front and although I have a much dreaded physical tomorrow, I feel like I can handle it. Eating is going well, exercise is going ok, just on a slight back pain delay - but my goal is to join a gym this week - I will not let my social anxiety stop me from going to do this, I can do this!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #177  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Vermont- I used to think of Memorial Day only for veterans, but after losing Isabelle, I've decided it shouldn't just be for them. We made it a special day for Isabelle. Went to the mass at the cemetery and visited her grave again. She changed our lives and had such an impact on us, just like those who serve or have served our country. I know I'm definitely a busy body! Can't help it! As for getting up early, I get up during the week at 5:45am! I love the early sunrise because it makes going to work so much easier!

Worththeeffort- You can do it! Just crank up your music and focus on you. No one else really exists when I'm in that zone. Good luck!

Lostbutstilltrying- Let me know how lifting goes if you try it. Also there is a weight lifting thread here on this forum. I've found it really helpful.

I feel like I've been doing really well with my diet and exercise. I went to try on some clothes today at walmart, but was disapointed. :/ I won't go into the details, but I just feel like I'm not making any progress... Very depressing. I came home and cried.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #178  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi again!

Lostbutstilltrying- that's so funny about the exercise ball! Snickers is my pet guinea pig! He got his name because his coloring is like that of the caramel in a Snickers bar! Thank you for your support regarding the other opinion on my ankle, I appreciate it. How are you?

Fleur- I saw your post in the calorie counting forum, take care!

Toodles ...

Amy
Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #179  
Because I am.

lilturtle: Sending you good vibes : that you are able to get back on track this week.

Amy: MyFitnessPal has really been working for me. I hope the ankle surgery is something you'll have the freedom to prepare for and schedule so you'll have the healthy foods around that you'll need while recovering.

lostbutstilltrying: Thanks for your positivity. Yes, my parents are worth the effort, too--even though my mother can drive me crazy. You can totally overcome the social anxiety and start going to a gym! You can do it and you're going to feel so great!

Fleur: I'm sorry you had a disappointing day trying on clothes. I hope you bounce back and feel better about things tomorrow.

I had to take Benedryl to deal with my allergies after supper, so I'm barely awake at this point. It was a good day off. I even managed to prep a salad to take for my lunch tomorrow and packed my gym bag for after work. I'm looking at doing 20-30 min. with weight training and 60 min. of cardio. I'm really hoping to lose at least two pounds this week. Fingers crossed!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #180  
on a journey

Hello ladies,

I am so sick. Everytime I cough, I pee my pants. It's awful. I feel like I am going to cough up a lung. I am medicating myself to try to calm down the coughing and sneezing. I have to work tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to do? I don't want to make anyone sick. So anyway...

School is going well. I need to work on some schoolwork tonight in-between sneezes.

I am so sorry some of you are struggling with things, allergies, anxiety and weight. I am so sorry. Hello to everyone. *waves*

Much love to all.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote