Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #91  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Well I'm feelin' mighty fine tonight, because I made a new collage. Be sure to keep the title ("exodus") in mind when you look at it. Bob's too depressed to give me any positive feedback, but I'm pleased with it. =big smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:20 AM   #92  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Just checking in quickly before I go to bed. Not enough energy to address everyone personally. Sorry! Finally walked on treadmill today for 30 minutes. Food pretty good, but always room for improvement, it seems. Reading along, but just very tired tonight. Thinking of all of you, especially those who are really struggling. Will say a prayer for our group and each of you tonight! Hang in there, everyone!
Hi Kathleen and yay for 30 minutes on the treadmill!

Fi, another kewl collage!

this is probably my last check in for 4 days, so remember, I am OK even though you are not hearing from me ... to all
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post

Monte Cristo - I smiled so much at your comment of your grandmother who adores you! as she should! that is how grandmothers should be!! real sorry about your mom's actions, she is being so disrespectful to you and that is so not right. On a total unrelated topic, are your garden plants 'taking hold' well?
They seem to be doing well. It hasn't stopped raining since I planted them, so I didn't even have to go through the bother of watering them. I just hope they don't drown!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Nice collage Fi!

I'm getting my hair colored today. Tomorrow we leave for home. We are driving. I can't wait to get home. The diet has gone good. I'm anxious to check the scale.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #95  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

worththeeffort- Yep, he's doing really well. Says he's still a little sore. I'm hoping he feels a lot better by Saturday as we are going to Kings Island with my brother and his fiance. I'd hate for him to not want to ride anything because his teeth hurt. :/ Interview will be in less than an hour.. Nervous!

Vermont- Yes, I went on a single day retreat on Friday. It was great! Very peaceful and uplifting. Yeah, unfortunately, the same co-worker has continued to try to discuss what has happened, asking me how hard it is to be back to work, what's the worst part about being back, etc. Today I just flat out told her to please stop bringing stuff like that up. I don't want to talk about how I'm feeling with her, because I don't know her well and honestly she irritates me. (I thought it was just pregnancy hormones before, but now I realize, she is just truly irritating!) She said she was just trying to be sensitive. I didn't feel like she was, it felt more like she was being nosy.. :/ Interview will be here soon. I'm nervous. Pretty sure this is basically a way to weed out crazy people because they described it as simply getting to know you a little better. If I don't get past this phase, I guess I'm crazy!!!

Other than my insensitive co-worker issue, today was a good day. It was rainy which was disappointing and a little chilly. I went to the gym and did my weight lifting routine. I wanted to mow the lawn because it sprouted up really fast after the rain yesterday, but the lawn isn't dry and as I said it was chilly.

Tomorrow I won't make it to the gym because I have to take our cat and dog to my parents house about an hour away. We are going to visit my brother and his fiance, but my brother is allergic to cats and so we can't bring her with us. My parents offered to watch both of them which is nice. We will leave for my brother's house friday night after work. They live in Southern Indiana which is why I have to take the pets to my parents tomorrow night (they live in to the North of Indy). My husband and I are dead center in Indy.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #96  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Howdy folks! I'm checkin' in briefly before my evening session of clipping magazines...I had a good day, it's just that my primo morning time was consumed by going way across town to see my shrink. He's cool with my waiting to withdraw from that one medication until later in the year...he's always cool with what I want to do.

Now if we could just get our Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage sorted out so I don't have to pay full price for my meds—but that's a long story. Suffice it to say that the federal bureaucracy is unbelievable Kafkaesque. "You can't get there from here," was the constant refrain I heard after half a day of fruitless phone calls. =sigh= Oh well, it's just money...money never gets me down.

I hope y'all are havin' a good evening...oh! I almost forgot: I have an NSV (non-scale victory) to report. Last night I got up from a sound sleep to go to the bathroom, and somehow managed to trip on the bedclothes and fell to my knees on the soft rug. I blinked for a second—didn't hurt myself, of course—then I tipped forward a little, lifted one foot and planted it on the rug. Then I just used that thigh muscle, and was standing up again. What a piece of cake! I went through a long period where falling down like that was a major event, because I was so heavy, it was really hard to get back up without assistance. I think a few of y'all know what I'm talkin' about! But now, between my leg exercises and weighing around 70 pounds less, getting up off the floor is just not an issue. Yay!! I'm so pleased with that.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #97  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

What an awesome accomplishment Fiona!!! I get where you're coming from in regards to having trouble getting up. I got that way when I was pregnant and am still having issues moving around my larger self.

Sorry about the health insurance, that really is crazy it doesn't cover medicines.. :/ Is that an employer run health plan or something covered through the new government law?
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #98  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

Monday, 5/19/14 will be a big day for me. It will be my first day back at work after being on leave for over a year due to borderline personality disorder and PTSD.

I feel like a different person now, and feel confident that I'm getting my weight under control, but I am still nervous that the stress of my job will cause me to feel depressed again. Then again, I worry about everything, so maybe work will be great.

If anything, I am excited to start making money again, and work will keep me busy and make the months fly by a little more quickly. At the end of August I am traveling to the UK. I've never been out of the US before. I am traveling around Europe with a friend. But most importantly, I will be meeting a man at Heathrow airport that I've sort of been falling for the last few weeks. We are both incredibly anxious for that day to get here.

This will be an eventful summer. I'm going to work hard in therapy, and work hard with my exercise and Optifast weight loss. When I get off that plane in August, I am going to look so good!
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #99  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello!

floralshorts: to the Ups & Downs Support Group! Best of luck to you as you return to work on Monday! I will be thinking of you and hoping things go well. What type of work do you do? That is great that you are feeling good and confident about your weight loss. Your trip to the UK sounds exciting! Don't wish the summer away, though! I LOVE the summer months!!! Glad you found the group and posted.

Fi: Interesting and neat collage! I am so happy to hear that you are doing better after some rough days. Glad you realized that your wean from the med was causing problems and you've delayed it until after the BERP! It is so nice when doctors accept our input on things. I hope you will get your insurance sorted out soon, so that you don't have to keep paying full price for your meds. That gets SO expensive! HOORAY for your wonderful NSV (non-scale victory)!!! I can relate to daily life tasks being more difficult at a heavier weight, so I understand how getting up easily off the floor after a fall would be a major accomplishment! Great to hear that your weight loss is making life easier for you these days! Keep up the good work!

Sabrina: How rude and insensitive of your co-worker to pry into your sensitive business and not let it drop! So sorry you had to go through that. As if going back to work and Mother's Day weren't already difficult enough for you..... I am glad that you were honest with her and asked her to stop. On a brighter note, it is good to hear that the retreat was peaceful and uplifting. Also happy that your husband's wisdom teeth surgery is over with and he is doing well. Hope you have a great time at King's Island on Saturday! Nice that you can drop your pets off at your parents' house. Hope your interview went well! Please give us an update on that when you get a chance. Thank you for continuing to post. You are such a great addition to our group!

Trish: I am so happy for you that you will be home ~ safe and sound ~ soon! Drive safely! I bet your hair looks fabulous! Again, I am so sorry that things went sour between you and your mom. Glad you didn't move down there and THEN find this out, though! Hope you get a good # on that scale when you get home!!!

MonteCristo: Glad to hear from you and that your garden plants are doing well. I planted flowers the other day and it has rained here the past several days since then, so I have not had to water either. Kinda nice! Hope all else is well with you!

Holly: Thanks for letting us know that you will be gone for a few days, so that we don't worry about you. I know you like this job, but I hope they aren't overworking you! I will be thinking of you the next several days and hoping things are going well at your "new"/summer job! BTW, your post about the yummy things you made at work did have my mouth watering, but go right ahead! I can handle it!

Amy: Hope you are making progress with your packing and preparation for the move! How is Snickers? Good luck deciding whether or not to have Lap-Band surgery. Tough decision! A friend of mine recently had a gastric sleeve done and lost about 75+ pounds and got off pre-diabetic meds and other meds due to weight. She looks great! Then, after that, she had a tummy tuck and breast lift (along with a hernia repair), but she is still in pain from the last surgery, so not sure if she is glad she did that one or not. It's been great hearing from you regularly!

Worthy: I hope your colonoscopy went well today! So, what did the "elimination process" do for you on the scale???

ohiofreespirit: Are you okay??? I assume you are busy with your two classes at school. Please post a quick reply if you see this. No need to address everyone personally. Just want to make sure you are okay!

Hello to everyone else! If you are just reading along, please consider posting and contributing to ~ and benefitting from ~ the group!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #100  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
floralshorts: to the Ups & Downs Support Group! Best of luck to you as you return to work on Monday! I will be thinking of you and hoping things go well. What type of work do you do? That is great that you are feeling good and confident about your weight loss. Your trip to the UK sounds exciting! Don't wish the summer away, though! I LOVE the summer months!!! Glad you found the group and posted.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I work in a banking call center, which sounds easy (the work technically is pretty easy), but the emotional toll of irate customers and management really tore me down. I have heard my department has changed a lot though, so I am optimistic and consider this a fresh start.

No worries about wishing the summer away - I'm definitely not, and totally looking forward to pool days. I am just eager for the time to pass so that I can meet my potential boyfriend in the UK. We met online and have gotten quite close, so when I fly over there it will be our first time face to face. The both of us are very anxious for August!
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #101  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Thyroid still low.....

My doctor is increasing the dose of my thyroid med, because my bloodwork showed that levels were still low. That should help with weight loss. Thank God they discovered this issue!

Anne3: Thank you for sharing your tips about weight loss with us.

floralshorts: Yikes on irate customers and management! That would tear anyone down. Hope your experience is much better this time around!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #102  

I just spent all day in a car traveling from FL to NC (on my way back to PA). It rained almost the whole way. I ate way too much too. I can't wait to get home.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #103  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Greetings, all. I can barely keep my eyes open. I went for a 2-mile walk/jog interval workout on a long hill across the road from our house. It was a kicking workout. I should continue to burn calories for a few more hours now that my muscles have been worked so hard.

The worst part of the colonoscopy procedure was the nurse's failed effort to start an IV in an elusive vein. I don't have good veins, anyway and she didn't want to use the one that I pointed out to her as being successful when I have blood draws. A second nurse went for the obvious vein and did a good job 'sinking the tap.' I slept through the procedure. The best part of the procedure, I lost 4 pounds and have gained back only 1 pound of that so far. I know that I'm badly dehydrated, so will be focusing on drinking lots of water through the weekend. The water weight will come back.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #104  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Rockin' in the Free World

Oddly enough, I have a vacation day today, the sun is shining, and I am starting to feel better. Coincidence?
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #105  

I'm finally home. Such a long trip. I'm going to step on the scale this evening to see how I did. I ate poorly the last two days on the road. Mostly fast food which I never eat at home.