3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/295395-ups-downs-support-group-may-2014-a.html)

VermontMom 05-23-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
lostbutstilltrying[/B];5008365]...
I am off to go dig through my closet as I have my first job interview in almost 4 years tomorrow (I'm very anxious) and I have no idea what fits! Good luck, thanks for being here one and all - and have a good day!

best wishes on the interview today! knock 'em dead :D

Fi, CONGRATS :cheer2: on 10 down! That is great. And I love the term 'gobsmacked' LOL. That will be wonderful for you to have people over when you haven't wanted to before.

Amy, hmm I would think also that you have the right to see the doctor and not students. Hope they see things your way!

Good morning to everyone else!

Hey, I got an unexpected raise at my summer job!! $1 an hour.

Rainy and grey here, I'm disappointed at being off my motorcycle more than on it so far. Oh well I will try to make up for lost time when I can!

I hope everyone has as good a day as possible. I do know that when things are bad, they seem insurmountable..but just sometimes, things are better the next day.

VermontMom 05-23-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

lostbutstilltrying ;5008365]...
Quote:

I am off to go dig through my closet as I have my first job interview in almost 4 years tomorrow (I'm very anxious) and I have no idea what fits! Good luck, thanks for being here one and all - and have a good day!
best wishes on the interview today! knock 'em dead :D

Fi, CONGRATS :cheer2: on 10 down! That is great. And I love the term 'gobsmacked' LOL. That will be wonderful for you to have people over when you haven't wanted to before.

Amy, hmm I would think also that you have the right to see the doctor and not students. Hope they see things your way!

Good morning to everyone else!

Hey, I got an unexpected raise at my summer job!! $1 an hour.

Rainy and grey here, I'm disappointed at being off my motorcycle more than on it so far. Oh well I will try to make up for lost time when I can!

I hope everyone has as good a day as possible. I do know that when things are bad, they seem insurmountable..but just sometimes, things are better the next day.

VermontMom 05-23-2014 06:02 AM

oops too much coffee already this morning :D tried to delete it twice even.

seabiscuit 05-23-2014 01:55 PM

Hi there!

Hi Holly!

How have you been doing? Congrats on the raise! Yay! I'm interested in learning how to cook like you!

I am tired, these allergies are awful! I'm going to the store shortly, I've just got to get some food!

I still have so much packing to do, yikes!

Take care!

Amy

lilturtle 05-23-2014 02:14 PM

I got some sleep last night!! I feel so much better. I can work on stuff now.

lostbutstilltrying 05-23-2014 03:43 PM

I am sorry, gonna keep this a short post. My interview didn't go well. It was for both 1 possible job and a training program. 90% sure no on the job, and I don't know if I will make it into the training program, although that looks better if I can get all my documentation together in time to pass the background checks.

I am sad, really disappointed - but I don't feel like eating my sad, so I guess that's something. And I walked 2 miles between buses, so there is that...

I will catch up more with everyone when I am feeling less down.

seabiscuit 05-23-2014 04:18 PM

Hi there.

Lostbutstilltrying- :hug: I'm so sorry your interview didn't go well. I've had interviews that didn't go well either, I know how upsetting it is. :hug: kudos to you for getting out there and trying! I'm sure things will look up. Take care!

CDubsGotGoats 05-23-2014 04:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have some catching up to do, my depression has been causing a lot of difficulty for me but things feel like they are picking up a little maybe. Thank you for checking <3

Chelsea

VermontMom 05-23-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 5008552)
Work sucks right now. I've been frantically trying to figure out what one of our departments is doing wrong to screw up all the money flow between the plants (I'm an accountant) and it has me so stressed. Every time I bring it problem up to that dept manager he just says "that's what we were told to do" which is not only supremely ridiculous (we would never ask someone to do the stupid they are doing) but it doesn't even matter. IT IS WRONG!! Quit trying to blame everyone and just SHUT UP AND LISTEN!! The problem must be fixed, Corp is getting very upset. I've been working all week long trying to find their problem, which is next to impossible because they've been doing work WITHOUT EVEN USING THE SYSTEMS!!! So it is all invisble. I've been having panic attacks again, and I can't sleep well and I'm so angry right now I could punch the dept manager right in his smug face. Thankfully my manager is just as pissed and has escalated it to the plant manager so hopefully that will get something rolling (she is great, always has our backs) but Jumping Jehosaphat it is FRUSTRATING!!! I haven't gotten a single other thing done all week, and my yearly goals are due today. I want to scream and cry and punch things and eat fattening food. I could really use a drink.

I meant to comment on this first thing after I read it!! I am soooo very sorry that this aggravating situation exists and that it is so frustrating for you!! :mad: :tantrum: :hug: I am glad to read that your manager is aware and has your back but I hated hearing about the smug dept. manager! Please resist that urge to eat fattening, bad-for-you food because you will only regret it and feel worse. Are you allowed to have a drink? I don't know if you abstain or are off it for life, if not, surely one drink wouldn't be too bad . I hope the situation gets taken care of and your stress dissolves :hug:

VermontMom 05-23-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying (Post 5009291)
I am sorry, gonna keep this a short post. My interview didn't go well. It was for both 1 possible job and a training program. 90% sure no on the job, and I don't know if I will make it into the training program, although that looks better if I can get all my documentation together in time to pass the background checks.

I am sad, really disappointed - but I don't feel like eating my sad, so I guess that's something. And I walked 2 miles between buses, so there is that...

I will catch up more with everyone when I am feeling less down.

Oh jeez I am sorry it seems that it didn't go well, lost! :hug: And that is a big something that you don't feel like eating your sad.

Hey I meant to comment on your sig line, about someone else being happy at being one's current weight..that is a kewl thing to remember, glass half full and keep things in perspective :)

VermontMom 05-23-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDubsGotGoats (Post 5009314)
Hi Everyone,

I have some catching up to do, my depression has been causing a lot of difficulty for me but things feel like they are picking up a little maybe. Thank you for checking <3

Chelsea

Hey you! :) Yes we have been thinking of you and wondering. But sorry to hear your depression is making things not good for you. Just know that we are here for you!

Fiona W 05-23-2014 09:17 PM

Chelsea— I'm so happy to see you reappear in this group! It's been kind of like a group therapy setting, all of us in a circle, except one chair, your chair, has been empty. Give us the lowdown...what's it been like for you? Is your life on the up and up?

Tonight I said to Bob that I wanted to make a happy collage showing two cats on a rug, their tails making spirals—the symbol of renewal & rebirth. He said, "'Sounds like wish fulfillment to me." What was that supposed to mean? I felt like he was raining on my parade. It's his parade, too!

And then I said I wanted to get some cushions for my outdoor lounge chair, the one on the deck with its lovely view of our little patch of forest. Bob said disparaging things about what happens to cushions like that when they get rained on repeatedly, how moldy & gross they get. When I replied that I would bring them inside, every time I used them, he said, "We don't have any space."

The BERP is all about making space, lots of space! I walk bags of paper out to the recycle bin every day, and bags of trash to the trash can. Why can't he see that? It's like he won't really have faith that the house is going to look spacious and orderly when I finish, until I do finish, and even then he'll have something pissy to say about some detail he doesn't like. =sigh= Why can't he share the dream with me, a dream of a better future when our environment will be pleasant, our cats will be happy & loving, and I'll be no longer fat? I can see that future coming, but he can't.

worththeeffort2 05-24-2014 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just back from a 90-minute. 3.5 mile interval workout. This is a picture of me before heading out, sporting my spanking new hi-viz yellow shirt that matches my visor and shoe laces, thank-you-very-much! I felt so bleeding coordinated for the first time in my life. ;)

Yeah. So, now I'm going to take my shower and crawl into bed to die. :D I totally kicked my own butt with this workout. I've been working so hard and been sticking to my eating program but not an ounce lost this week. I hope this doesn't indicate a plateau.

lostbutstilltrying 05-24-2014 02:05 PM

seabiscuit and VermontMom thanks for the hugs about the bad interview. I am feeling much better today after a good cry, a good (healthy meal) and a good sleep! and pretty proud that I didn't binge when I was upset because that is a major problem with me! So - overall I am proud that I am making progress, trying to find work and step away from my eating issues.

And thanks for the comment on the sig line. I thought about that one day when I was cheering a loss for someone 50lbs heavier than me and I thought, if they have the right to be happy at that weight, why don't I?

CDubsGotGoats (I love that name by the way, I love goats!) have a hug () the down won't last forever!

Fiona W - sorry to hear hubby is struggling with changes. Just remember if he is grumpy it's probably because he liked his old life and might be a bit worried about it becoming too different - a compliment in a weird (although frustrating) way. Hang in there, he will jump up outta the dumps soon enough.

worththeeffort2 Hi! I like yr new shirt too!, what is/are interval miles workouts? sounds interesting

worththeeffort2 05-24-2014 04:00 PM

lostbutstilltrying: an interval workout mixes periods of walking with bursts of fast walking or jogging. I have a series of recorded interval workouts I bought from Prevention magazine but I also just load music on my iPOD shuffle so the tempo varies between 100 and 160 beats per minute as the songs change.

The benefits of interval training is that you get a higher calorie burn and burn fat without burning muscle and the only equipment I need is my iPOD shuffle and a good pair of sneakers. Today was the first time I've done more than three miles.