Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Default Is welbutron(spelling?) the same as Zyban?

I really want to try to quit smoking. My doctor refuses to prescribe champix because of my mental health history. He suggested Zyban. Has anyone ever tried to quit using this?
I have tried everything with no success. Any hints or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

They are the same drug, yes. I recall that Zyban came about because people on Wellbutrin for depression found it so much easier to quit smoking that they realized smoking cessation was a side effect. I think Zyban is Rx'd in a lower dose than Wellbutrin.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #3  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

Zyban and Welbutrin are both of the same antidepressant class, yes. But they are two different drugs with different side effects.

That really sucks that he would let you use Chantix, because that's what my parents used. They've been smoke free since 9/9/09.
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote