3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Ups & Downs Support Group: April 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/294410-ups-downs-support-group-april-2014-a.html)

pixelllate 04-30-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiona W (Post 4994594)
Thanks for all the kind words about my collage. Yes, all those images came from magazines or books, and in the case of that collage, mostly from my junk mail...I get a lot of scientific and medical junk mail from when I used to be a doctor, and I get a lot of catalogs: it's all free anyway, why not cut out the cool parts before I toss it in the recycle bin? Every time I run across something with visual appeal on the Web, I always check to see if a printed catalog is available for it.

I do 99.9% or more of my snipping with scissors, only very little with a craft knife. There were a couple of places in the bouquet the elephant's holding where there was blue sky showing through from the original background, so I used a knife to make those inside holes. I didn't used to be able to cut very neatly with scissors, but what they say is true: practice makes perfect!

The difficult thing, which was in fact the subject of that collage, is not just hoarding paper, but harvesting the images and storing them in an orderly way. That's what I'm working very hard on, even as you read these words, because I want my house to have lots of clean open spaces for those new kittens to run and play. The piles of paper clutter are on their way OUT!

Hi, I'm just popping in this thread (hello!!!) because I just wanted to say that I love reading your posts Fiona! I one day would like a side-job doing something creative. Just keeping it open, since I've worked with various mediums throughout the years. I am still on hiatus because of other priorities, but its something that I aspire to and I hope to be in a place in my life where I can develop a small side business. Maybe once I get that going, I can post some of the murals that I've worked on these past couple years - I just started exploring mural art and I really like it. :)

lilturtle 04-30-2014 11:43 AM

This is totally nondiet related but was good news for me. I did a friend's taxes this year and they just got their refund. I wasn't expecting anything in return. It wasn't a complicated tax return anyways. But they are buying me a new phone. My old phone is slowly dying and I couldn't afford to replace it. So yay! A new phone. I should have it by Friday in time for my trip on Monday.

I need to update my ticker again. I lost a few more lbs. So big yay there too. Who knew....eat less, lose more really works for me.

VermontMom 04-30-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiona W (Post 4994594)
... That's what I'm working very hard on, even as you read these words, because I want my house to have lots of clean open spaces for those new kittens to run and play. The piles of paper clutter are on their way OUT!

thanks for explaining to us about the cutting, it seems so very precise but as you say practice has made perfect :D and yay for continuing on the reduction progress!

Quote:

Originally Posted by seabiscuit (Post 4994603)
I'm hanging in there! It was a grey and rainy day today, also quite chilly. I'm slowly getting ready for the move.

Take care and have a good night.

Amy

Hi Amy, oh how I dislike grey, rainy and chilly days, they just nudge me into blehness. Do you have a deadline you have to meet, for moving? Say Hi to Snickers for me :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 (Post 4994691)
I worked out with my trainer this morning and walked on the treadmill the previous two nights. I am trying to see myself as a more active person and it is helping, I think.

Yay for your exercise, Kathleen! :running: are the orthodics (spelling?) helping? I sure hope so. Oh and here's the obligatory dust for us :D :dust:
thanks for the happybikerchick comp :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 4994941)
I've been having some odd dreams, and it seems like they are connected to my anxiety.(

sorry to hear of the dreams, they are sure to be reflecting emotions you have. That situation with your family was such an upheaval and how hard to get through that! I'm really sorry also to hear that your mom seems to only contact you when she wants something :( :( :( ...I was very impressed by hearing of your yardwork and it sounds like it is a beautiful sight to greet you and it was all accomplished by your hard work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleurDeLis (Post 4995001)
Today I have my 6 week post partum appointment. Hoping everything is well and I'm fully cleared! .

wow I know you told us of the date in March, but it has been such a short time hasnt it :hug: Wishing you a stellar health appointment :D OH, you must miss your bike so much!! when I had a fullface, my husband designed a cupcake/crossbones in retroreflective tape for the back :devil: This new helmet doesn't have any bling on it ...yet. I do have some crystals, and I always put a bullet hole sticker or two on them :rofl: (I once had a Canadian Border Patrol checkpoint guard say to me, in a thick French accent, "looks like somebody missed!" :devil: (regarding the fake bullet hole) And your planned tat sounds wonderful. I am one of the few biker chicks in the country that does not have a tat..yet :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilturtle (Post 4995049)
So yay! A new phone. I should have it by Friday in time for my trip on Monday.

I need to update my ticker again. I lost a few more lbs. So big yay there too. Who knew....eat less, lose more really works for me.

DOUBLE YAYS :carrot: So nice to get something unexpected, and so great to see more losses! About your trip, I wonder if you could google the airport, and check out, ahead of time, what kind of distance you have to go to get to your points? Maybe knowing ahead of time might help with anxiety.

and HI to everyone else :wave:

I'm sure glad I was outside for all of yesterday, because today is blech, and tomorrow is supposed to be blech also. I've did a workout (http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/work...0-Calories/gr/ ) and vacuumed; need to put away a hamper full of clothes; and need to work/research pastry recipes for my upcoming summer gig. The problem with that, is um, embarrassing, but my stomach starts growling when I am going through my cookbooks, and looking up recipes on the computer, and it is really hard to stick to my diet :devil: but I have to :dust:

IBelieveInMe2 04-30-2014 01:15 PM

This is me!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Gals! I remembered that I saw a page when I was on vacation where you all showed photos of yourself, and I decided that ~ being your "fearless leader" according to Fi, I would post one, too. Let's see if I can do this.

Attachment 46176

I think that worked. I tried to put a photo of me with my little family up, but it kept failing, so you will have to settle for me with my favorite Country/Rock Piano Man, Phil Vassar, from this past March. His music is the best and he is a wonderful entertainer..... and cute as a button, too! :D

So, I am having a lazy day. It is supposed to rain here in Ohio all week long. I miss the Florida sunshine!!! I have errands to do, but don't particularly want to do them in the rain, so I am here typing to all of you instead. ;) This is much more fun! :D I will work out at 4:30 pm today when I take my daughter to the trainer. She will work out with our trainer and I will most likely walk on the treadmill. Hoping the downward trend on my scale continues!!!

MonteCristo: I am so sorry you had that disturbing dream and that experience with your mom. I have some mother baggage from my past, but we are pretty close now (finally..... at the age of 47; she just turned 80). Moms should ALWAYS be there for their kids, in my opinion, so it is just wrong that she only contacts you when she wants something. I highly recommend getting a therapist to help you sort all of the "family issues" out without judgement or guilt. It has been such a HUGE help in my situation. No shame in that! Big hugs to you! :hug:

Sabrina: Sounds like you are the tattoo queen! :lol: I like how your tattoos have strong meaning behind each one. Have you received your photos yet??? I hope your 6-week post partum appointment goes well. That really IS such a short time since you went through such a traumatic experience. You seem to be coping well. Kudos to you..... and your faith! :hug:

pixelllate: Thanks for stopping by and posting! Neat that Fiona has a fan on board!

Trish: Congratulations on your new phone and on losing a few more pounds!!! :carrot: Perfect that you will have your new phone in time for your trip on Monday! See, it is all coming together. All will be well. :)

Holly: I think the orthotics are going to help my plantar fasciitis, but they feel strange right now and I have to break them in slowly, so I am only wearing them for short times at the moment. Time will tell. I am just glad that the plantar fasciitis hasn't been too terrible lately and that I have been able to get back on the treadmill. I like it so much better than the bike! :tread:

IBelieveInMe2 04-30-2014 01:28 PM

Just a Friendly Reminder!

I just wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow, May 1st, I will begin a new May 2014 thread for the Ups & Downs Support Group. Please look for it under Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2014. Please post and let us know that you made it to the new group. I do a new thread every month to keep one thread from getting too long and to try to keep the group organized. Hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience for everyone! See ya on the new thread! :)

VermontMom 04-30-2014 01:38 PM

Kathleen - not an inconvenience at all and so glad you are 'on top of things' to help us :D

Thank you for your pic! you cute thang :) And I thought the gent was your hubby and didn't know how to politely say 'dang your husband is good lookin!' :D

Yes how kewl that Fi has fans! :cp:

worththeeffort2 04-30-2014 08:58 PM

I've had a tough couple of days. Took myself for a walk and pep talk after supper tonight. I came home feeling better about things.

VermontMom 04-30-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worththeeffort2 (Post 4995445)
I've had a tough couple of days. Took myself for a walk and pep talk after supper tonight. I came home feeling better about things.

really sorry to hear you've struggling :hug: vent if you need!

coffeeshopgirl 04-30-2014 09:49 PM

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in. Its been a while, and I've been kinda down. Lots of stress at the moment. But the good news is that I met my weight loss goal today = 175 lbs! Just wanted to share that with the room. I'll check in again soon :) hope all is well.

IBelieveInMe2 04-30-2014 10:04 PM

One more April post!

Holly: You crack me up! :lol: Phil Vassar IS a real cutie and looks awesome in the cute jeans he wears!!! ;)

worththeeffort2: Sorry to hear that you had a tough couple of days. Good for you for giving yourself a pep talk! As Holly said, please feel free to vent if you need it. :hug:

coffeeshopgirl: Sorry to hear that you have lots of stress at the moment and have been kinda down. But CONGRATULATIONS on meeting your goal of 175 lbs!!! :carrot: Thanks for sharing your great news! :D Please watch for the May 2014 thread and feel free to post there and keep in touch! Best of luck to you with keeping the weight loss rolling! :)

I will post the new May 2014 thread at midnight or in the morning! Stay tuned..... :comp: