Heartbroken..

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Ever hear the phrase "We accept the love we think we deserve"? From what you said, his last girlfriend was a beeotch who treated him like a piece of trash. Just *maybe* he likes to date women who are self centered jerks and you are a wonderful friend, a person who he can confide in and talk to about everything.

Some women are the same way, perfectly nice guy wants to date them... uh, nope. Giant jerk face makes a move and.. *swoon*... they're in love.

Just my humble opinion. I avoid drama. When I dated my husband if he was a drama filled jerk of a guy, I would have been out like lightening. If he had been disrespectful or showed any signs he didn't value me, I'd be gone. I think it really says something that he has spent all this time with not so pleasant women. It says something about him, not you.
  • I hope you are starting to feel better.

For another angle on this, he just may have honestly felt that he would never get into another relationship after that breakup. That may not have been a lie. I know I had that feeling after a bad break-up.

Chin up, you will get through this.