3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #46
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 155+/145/138

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
panic attacks mostly stopped when I started taking a spefic vitamin that apparantly I needed. I do not think we can talk about specific things we take. So I will not mention what it is. Plus, this was the case only for me. Its not known, as far as I know, to treat panic attacks. The lack of that vitamin in my body just caused constant panic attacks. Now, I get them. But not often. And there usually is a reason i can discern.
Magnesium? Just curious.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #47
on a journey

I am scared all the time. The meds help a little bit but I am always afraid something bad is going to happen. It affects me physically. It makes me sick to my stomach. I hate being like this. It is just takes so much energy to just exist. My life feels like ****, at times. I try to make it better by going to college and trying to improve my life. I use the word "try." The anxiety makes it so hard to better my life. It is hard to bring on more stress, other than what life already brings at me. I am sitting here quietly crying because I am not doing well in my class and i am stressed.

You are not alone.

Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Magnesium? Just curious.
Not sure if its okay to say. because this is #5 in the list of rules for the website.

5. Messages intended to promote potentially unsafe and/or controversial weight loss procedures or products (including but not limited to non-medically prescribed supplements and MLM products) are considered inappropriate and may (at the discretion of the forum team) be removed without warning. This rule is intended to protect our users from Multi-Level Marketing schemes, or other hidden sales tactics, which are strictly prohibited on this site.

Its just a vitamin. But still, i do not know if it is okay to say which one.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:10 AM   #49

Oh Lisa,i am so sorry that life is this challenging for you. Have you spoken with a college counselor about it... relating to how it is effecting the class?

I know that you are not alone. I belong to another website where many kids in college (or earlier levels) are having the same challenge. for the same sort of reason. Really good people suffer from this stuff. But i do think college counselors are accustomed to hearing about it as a fairly common reason for a student not doing well in their course/class. Sending some of these
Old 08-01-2014, 03:00 AM   #50

Hi flower123,
I sent you pm, if you wouldn't mind sending it in private message about the vitamin.
I like looking into anything that has helped others.
thanks
Old 08-01-2014, 04:46 AM   #51

Of course, Divina. Would be happy to answer in pm. Actually, i already did. I hope you find something that helps. I know how hard it is to live with this. I recently had a bit of a relapse. And had to start using the suppliment again.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #52
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Of course, Divina. Would be happy to answer in pm. Actually, i already did. I hope you find something that helps. I know how hard it is to live with this. I recently had a bit of a relapse. And had to start using the suppliment again.
Could you PM me as well? I'm still curious.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #53

Quote:
Could you PM me as well? I'm still curious.
Done
Old 08-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #54
stephmt91

S/C/G: 210/156/130

Height: 5"6

Default Depression and Anxiety

For the past 3 years i have had an anxiety and depression disorder. I developed an eating disorder and had severe panic attacks and anxiety 24/7 over everything. I started drinking to self medicate which ended up making things worse i drank so much id get heart palpitations and tingling in my hands and feet from it.It was hard for me to focus on school or anything else. I ended up getting over my ED but still having the attacks ect. I finally went to the doctor which i would always put off until my bf finally made me go. I have been on lexapro that has helped alot and i quit drinking. My advice would be to mabey switch your meds or talk to your doctor about how they affect you , see a therapist , and quit all drinking if you do. I also have a self help book on the issues i read that helps.Whenever i start feeling bad (which is rare now) i just try to distract myself. Well i hope that helps lol
Old 08-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #55

Have you ever tried EFT (Tapping) it is a great form of therapy especially for anxiety and panic attacks. And once you have had a few sessions with a therapist, some people are able to use the technique for themselves. A lot of the anxiety and panic attacks are the bodies way of protecting itself from something that you want to do, but might have had a bad experience in the past from, so when you want to do it again, you have a anxiety attack to put you off doing it.
Different therapies work for different people, but it might be worth looking into it.
Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #56

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety issues lately myself. I don't neccessarily have panic attacks but I definitely self medicate. I'm curious about the lexapro, Steph. I'll have to check that out. Zoloft helped me for a while but then I started to pack on the pounds. I was worried that was causing the weight gain so I stopped taking it but the weight keeps coming on from stress eating. I work full/over time and I'm going to college at night as well. I just feel overwhelmed all the time and I keep worrying about my weight which causes a vicious cycle. I can't fit into most of my current clothing and can't really afford to keep buying more clothes right now. I feel trapped. I hate my job by the way as well. I wish I could find something else to do but not sure what it would be.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #57
on a journey

I have been so lucky. My Dr/Nurse Practitioner upped my Gabapentin to 800 mg and I feel like a new woman. My anxiety is under control for the first time in years.

I still get overwhelmed, at times. I still feel nervous too but it's the normal types of overwhelmed and nervous. I talk through them with my therapist on how to handle them. That anxiety and the anxious thoughts I used to think and feel are pretty much gone. I hardly think about it any more. I just live my life.

I have lost 4 pounds but I have so far to go. I am where I am, that is all there is to it. I will just do the best I can.

I hope you all find relief, I really do. *hug*

Last edited by Lisa_C; 08-23-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
I have been so lucky. My Dr/Nurse Practitioner upped my Gabapentin to 800 mg and I feel like a new woman. My anxiety is under control for the first time in years.

I still get overwhelmed, at times. I still feel nervous too but it's the normal types of overwhelmed and nervous. I talk through them with my therapist on how to handle them. That anxiety and the anxious thoughts I used to think and feel are pretty much gone. I hardly think about it any more. I just live my life.

I have lost 4 pounds but I have so far to go. I am where I am, that is all there is to it. I will just do the best I can.

I hope you all find relief, I really do. *hug*
Great post, Lisa. Sounds like things are falling into place. Meds that work, therapist with whom you can work. things easier for you. AND you lost 4 pounds. I understand the feeling of having "so far to go". But I like what you say about it. Acceptance of where we are is a huge gift. Otherwise it becomes fighting with oneself and where we are at. And that is the anthisis of healing.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #59
Warrior Princess

I'm going to be trying an experimental medication in conjunction with my anti-anxiety meds. It's an alternative to SSRI's - my Psych has been getting some positive feedback from other patients that have breakthrough anxiety/panic.

I haven't tried it yet because I'm scared of unfamiliar pills. It's not for everyone, it can't be taken if you're already on SSRI's. I will give an update after I start taking them..
Old 08-27-2014, 03:52 AM   #60

Quote:
I'm going to be trying an experimental medication in conjunction with my anti-anxiety meds. It's an alternative to SSRI's - my Psych has been getting some positive feedback from other patients that have breakthrough anxiety/panic.

I haven't tried it yet because I'm scared of unfamiliar pills. It's not for everyone, it can't be taken if you're already on SSRI's. I will give an update after I start taking them..
I hope they work REALLY well for you. I understand being scared of unfamilar pills. But it will be so worth it if they give you relief