does anyone here take l-glutamine for depression?

• I've heard that it can be helpful in rebuilding the gut lining (good for people with IBS, celiac, etc) and that it can also help people who suffer from depression. I took one pill yesterday and noticed an unmistakable increase in energy. I know it's usually marketed as something to help build muscles and help you recover after a strength training workout, but it can have psychological benefits as well.
  • yes absolutely!! L-glutamine is absolutely essential...and also if you are dealing with depression take some GAVA. I never noticed a huge boost in energy from the GAVA but *absolutely* as far as my mental health...no more crashes basically and really keeps me thinking straight and clear - I love it!

Also, I've been taking three softball capsules of CLA (NOW brand - not CLA Extreme because that has soy in it but just the regular CLA) before my workouts and that seriously gives me an energy boost at 5 in the morning!
  • I take L-glutamine powder to keep my blood sugar stable. i take 1/8 tsp under my tongue 10 minutes before eating. It helps enormously with not being hungry all the time, and when I do get hungry, it's not the panicky low blood sugar crash, it's just hungry.

I used to carry food around with me all the time in case I got hungry, now it doesn't bother me.
  • ".and also if you are dealing with depression take some GAVA"

Hi..Do you mean Kava or Gaba? I've never heard of Gava just want to confirm. thanks
  • Quote: I take L-glutamine powder to keep my blood sugar stable. i take 1/8 tsp under my tongue 10 minutes before eating. It helps enormously with not being hungry all the time, and when I do get hungry, it's not the panicky low blood sugar crash, it's just hungry.

I used to carry food around with me all the time in case I got hungry, now it doesn't bother me.
    You describe what I tend to do. For me it causes a fear of being hungry... have you experienced the same, Just Dance Girl?