Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #91  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello!

Hello Support Buddies!

Holly: I am right in Central Ohio, near Columbus. But I do have a southern accent. My hubby was born in Chillicothe. Hope you get used to your new computer soon!

Trish: Can't believe that, after all of your worry, your appointment was cancelled. Hang in there! Things will go okay!

Aunty Jam: to the group!!! Neat that you still recognize some of the people here. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Our group is named Ups & Downs to reflect all of the different places each of us might be at any given moment..... in life, with weight loss, on the scale, and elsewhere! So you are welcome here however you are feeling! I, too, need to focus on staying positive, so we can help each other out!

LilDazed: Vent all you want! We are listening. Yes, there are costs AND advantages to staying with your parents, but it is a blessing that you CAN stay longer if you so choose! So you do have options. Money concerns are such a drag. Hang in there and good luck with your decision!

LawGirl88: Thanks for popping in to say hello! Hope you get some down time soon!

letsgetaway: So sorry to hear that you are experiencing loneliness right now. Do you have ANY family members, friends, or acquaintances who could be supportive to you on a consistent basis? Regardless, we are here for you, so please post often and we will support you. It sounds like you and LilDazed have a lot in common.

Chelsea: Thank you for your support! CONGRATULATIONS on losing 3 pounds!!! That is awesome! Glad to hear that you really like your new doctor. Hope you get into the psychiatric program and that it will be helpful to you. Enjoy your conference!

Waving hello to everyone else! Hope all is well!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm trying to reschedule today but can't get a live person on the phone. I'm still kind of frustrated but I suppose that is normal.

Thanks so much for the support. It helps reading what others share. We are all in this together.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #93  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Appreciate the welcome guys Nice to see some familiar faces.

I don't have a lot to add right now... I still have bipolar it's just that I feel much more in control of it now instead of it controling me. It's a good place and I hope you all get to experience the feeling on control some day.

(Please please don't take it personally if I don't address you... I find it very over whelming and just can't do it - Haha.. anxiety disorder )

Holy - How are you? Still riding?

Seabusicit - Hi.. I'm so sorry to hear about your pet It's never easy however they go.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 01-23-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #94  

Checking in for today. Not much new is going on. I still haven't rescheduled my appointment. It is hard to get a live person and I have been playing phone tag. As far as diet goes I guess I am doing ok. I eat one meal a day and one to two snacks of fruit or a granola bar. Ok this is probably not the healthiest but I haven't been overeating this way. I think next month I will make a meal plan and think things out more. I grocery shop once a month and I did a really poor job of it this month.

Last edited by lilturtle; 01-23-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #95  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends, still getting used to the new computer..I've always only had a Mac so a PC is different..plus I just realized I have to get all my email contacts on this and that is a daunting task..I wll try to stop complaining because I'm lucky to get this new sucky computer, haha.

I had my one day off today and it was kinda sucky (I am fixated on that word today) Slept til 9:30, got up and drank 3 cups of coffee and checked email; then went back to bed. Got up at about 11:30, was almost inspired to start doing stuff then crawled back to bed for another 2 hours. I hate myself when I do that. Got up again and this time stayed out of bed. Did a dinky 8 minute warmup and then went out to do errands. I hate wasting my day so bad but was just not able to fight hiding in bed.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #96  

I'm not having a good day. I didn't sleep hardly at all last night. My stomach hurts. At least I am not eating. My diet is the only thing going right and it is because I am too sick to eat. I hope things get better.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #97  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Unhappy feeling under the weather

Hello Everyone,

Lots going on with me lately, but nothing I can discuss here. I have a stomach ache today, but not sure if I am getting sick or it's from the wines I drank last evening on my night out. Or it could all just be emotional, but I did eat lousy today since I've felt lousy. I will attempt to start over again in the morning.

Trish: Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon!

Aunty Jam: My bipolar is also under good control with meds and therapy. My negative thinking and baggage from the past are what hold me back most of the time now. And I am extremely weight loss resistant due to the meds I'm on. Please don't worry about addressing us personally if it overwhelms you. I am just glad to hear from you! I have a ton of anxiety, too, btw!

Holly: I've had those days too ~ lots of them ~ when I just keep going back to bed. It brings me a lot of shame, but sometimes it just feels so good to hide under the covers and rest!

Fi: How are you? I miss hearing from you!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #98  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone...

It's nice to see some friendly faces!

On Friday, I adopted a little male guinea pig, he's brown and white, I named him Snickers! He is very cute, sweet and friendly, but a bit shy...

I got upset tonight on the phone with my Mom, I wasn't angry but we were talking about teasing and kids, and I am pretty angry that I was teased so much and went away to boarding school.

I'm going to a concert with a friend on Thursday, it should be fun. I love Lady Antebellum!

Take care...

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #99  
Biker Chick!

Hey all Kathleen I was sorry to hear that you were not feeling well, did it go away? thank you for the commiserating about hiding in bed..you're right that it is shame that I feel about it, and not-nice-feeling about myself. Li'l turtle, how are you? I think that having one meal and a couple snacks is great! (if that works for you) and HI to everyone else

I did work out this morning and am so glad I made myself do it. I don't get a high from endorphins but I do a mental pat on my back. I did not eat anything bad at work, also, which is HUGE for me.

Seabiscuit congrats on your new little friend! we had a couple guinea pigs back when we first were married, we took them from a friend who had to give them up. We named them Spot and Fang, lol. They were great watch-dog-pigs!! their tank/cage was by a window and anytime anyone walked by, they would do their whistling thing, very funny.

I am a jerk for not addressing everyone personally, sorry!! very happy that we have this group

I am getting used to this computer. and not banging on the keyboard as much as the first couple days

have a good night!!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #100  

I'm doing ok. It's been kind of slow here. I hope everyone can check in soon. I am trudging along with the diet. I haven't been weighed in two months now so it is hard to know exactly how I am doing. I am keeping to my low calorie diet but probably not in the most healthiest way. I am going to work out a meal plan for next month.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #101  
on a journey

Hi everyone.

It is darned cold here and a lot of snow. I have my car backed in so that I can get out easier but it gets stuck kind of easy with so much snow.

I have been doing some walking DVDs, it is good for me. When warm weather comes around, I'm going to buy a bicycle and pedal my way around this town. LOL

I'm really sorry I haven't been around much. I'm not a very good friend.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #102  
Biker Chick!

Ohio, you stop that talk right now YES you are a good friend! you know there are times we don't come here for a few days, that is OK!!! and its nice to see your pic in your avatar! I always try to back into parking spaces, it came from years ago when I had a crappy car that always needed jumpstarting and it was much easier to be facing out Do you have alot of snow?

I saw a really pretty sunset at about 5:05 pm and it was still a little light out! so much better than the cloaking black by 4:30 pm. remember in the summer when it would be bright sunlight still at 7 pm? and even when sun started to set, it was sooo slow, like an hour. Then fireflies, and crickets...oh god I want that!!

OK back to reality
Old 01-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #103  
Biker Chick!

Well I do have to work today, but I stayed in bed til 9 o'clock!! just because I don't care. I've never been late to work because of my apathy but it's been close.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #104  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

I dunno what I did, but I'm HUNGRY. =P Thought I had a good-sized enough breakfast. Maybe not? Normally I eat my granola bar at 11:00, but I tore into it at 9:45 this morning.

Might be the anxiety just telling me I'm hungry. I dunno. Had another little meltdown yesterday, but gym and sister made things better.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #105  

Not much to report here but I want to keep checking in as a habit. I really wish I could check my weight. I still don't have an appointment yet. It's frustrating not knowing if what I am doing is paying off.