3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weight gain after anti depressants,more depressed than ever. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/289899-weight-gain-after-anti-depressants-more-depressed-than-ever.html)

Kraftwerk297 11-19-2013 05:21 PM

Weight gain after anti depressants,more depressed than ever.

Hello everyone,
My name is Alexy and I hope to find people in similar situations to discuss.
I am in my twenties, and this year all I can say is that I am more depressed because I gained about 20kgs after prozac which gave me side effects such weight gain.
I was on it because of anxiety, depression and temper problems :-(
I realised how fat I became after taking those and now I cry, i don-t want to go out and show myself at university, I know people look at me because they must think I am ugly and things.

I had eating disorders in the past and i am trying to not get back into it because I dont want to break my boyfriend's heart.

I stopped prozac right away in september when i realised most of my clothing weren't fitting me. You could imagine the nightmare it is for a woman to not fit in her favourite dresses.
I also stopped smoking because all I think is HEALTHY .

I am so depressed, i hate the body i am in, i want to lose weight so fast but my confidence is low , I want to hide myself and showing up at the gym with those good looking bodies. I feel like an error. My boyfriend makes me feel beautiful because he loves me but what is most important is to love myself right?
I was 72kgs before prozac, i was only 3/4 kilos overweight. Now i am 90kgs
I want to cry, my arms got so big and stretch marks appeared. It's gross.
I am upset every day, losing weight isn-t an issue but my confidence is so low it affects my motivation...
I need advice.

Fiona W 11-19-2013 05:57 PM

Have you chosen a diet plan, Alexy? It's important to remember that weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise. I personally am in favor of the Atkins diet, which starts with very low carbohydrates but all the protein & fat you want to eat. I like it because I'm never hungry, and because there's no counting of calories involved. But you should look around, do some reading, figure out what plan is going to be best for you. You may have to try more than one plan to find the one that suits you and your body best.

As for your depression, have you talked to your psychiatrist about taking an antidepressant that doesn't cause weight gain? There are some options...

freelancemomma 11-19-2013 08:17 PM

Hi Alexy,

What strikes me in your post is that you seem to equate yourself to your body. What about your mind, your sense of humour, your life experiences, your wisdom, the books and movies you like, your plans for the future, etc., etc.? These things are all a part of you and what makes people (such as your boyfriend) love you. Your body is just ONE aspect of who you are. Don't overvalue this one aspect. I suggest you work on loving yourself now, the way you are at this moment. As people often say on this site, you can't hate yourself thin. Love yourself now and the weight will come off more easily. And never forget that you are a lot more than your weight.

F.

CrystalClear25 11-20-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freelancemomma (Post 4886565)
Hi Alexy,

What strikes me in your post is that you seem to equate yourself to your body. What about your mind, your sense of humour, your life experiences, your wisdom, the books and movies you like, your plans for the future, etc., etc.? These things are all a part of you and what makes people (such as your boyfriend) love you. Your body is just ONE aspect of who you are. Don't overvalue this one aspect. I suggest you work on loving yourself now, the way you are at this moment. As people often say on this site, you can't hate yourself thin. Love yourself now and the weight will come off more easily. And never forget that you are a lot more than your weight.

F.

That is all sooo true...

Kraftwerk297 11-21-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiona W (Post 4886490)
Have you chosen a diet plan, Alexy? It's important to remember that weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise. I personally am in favor of the Atkins diet, which starts with very low carbohydrates but all the protein & fat you want to eat. I like it because I'm never hungry, and because there's no counting of calories involved. But you should look around, do some reading, figure out what plan is going to be best for you. You may have to try more than one plan to find the one that suits you and your body best.

As for your depression, have you talked to your psychiatrist about taking an antidepressant that doesn't cause weight gain? There are some options...

Yeah. I always make up diet plans myself but I never tried diet Atkins, so I will give this a go.
For the depression, i just want to go to the natural way : working out. No more anti depressants, I had enough of what Prozac has done to me.

Kraftwerk297 11-21-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freelancemomma (Post 4886565)
Hi Alexy,

F.

This is very true, but it is so hard to love myself. I never felt good in my skin in my whole life but this weight gain really made things worse.
I always feel like I shouldn't exist. Tomorrow I have health check... I am so stressed , bbecause I know the nurse will make comments about my weight and BMI.... like if I didn't know that already. :-( I am so upset.