3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   November Exercise to Fight Depression (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/289322-november-exercise-fight-depression.html)

VermontMom 11-01-2013 09:52 AM

November Exercise to Fight Depression

Do you have a goal, whether in minutes spent sweating, number of times a week you make it to the gym, certain DVD's that kick your butt? :) We know working out helps us in so many ways, come here to post your exercise and get kudos! :carrot:

1-
2-

3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-

10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-

24-
24-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

VermontMom 11-01-2013 09:53 AM

1- FitnessBlender.com's workout #6; HIIT cardio and upper body; 42min.
2- no workout

3- FitnessBlender's workout #7; cardio, pilates for legs and butt; 35 min.
4- " workout #8; Intense abs, cardio, pilates for abs and legs; 46 min.
5- " workout #9; Cardio and bodyweight toning work, 49 min.
6- " workout #10; HIIT Cardio; leg and hip work; stretch; 43 min.
7- " workout #11, Sports Endurance cardio; barre workout; 40 min.
8- cardio and strength; and part of JM 6 Pack Abs; 40 min.
9- No workout Saturday

10- 20 minutes HIIT cardio; then 10 minutes abs; 30 min.
11- 10 minutes Crunchless Abs; then 19 minutes HIIT Cardio; 29 min.
12- no workout
13- 9 min. cardio warmup; 20 min. Arms/Shoulders; 29 min.
14- Anni Mairs' Cardio Force dvd, 50 min.
15- Easy on the Knees Warm Up Cardio, 9 min; Total Body Strength and Cardio, 19 min; Burpee Madness Challenge 6 min; light stretch cooldown 5 min; 39 min. total.
16- ? nothing I guess.

17- abs and cardio, 21 minutes.
18- no workout
19- Gilad's step and tone, (just step part) 30 min.
20- leg and butt work; kettlebell workout w/cardio; 60 freakin minutes.
21- Anni Mairs' Cardio Force dvd, 45 minutes.
22- Low impact cardio, 100 rep abs; 29 minutes.
23- 15 minutes step cardio with 5 pound hand weights.

24- low impact cardio and a little ab work, 25 minutes.
25- no workout
26- warmup cardio/stretch, 8 min. then a Spartan 500 reps, 17 min, oof!
27- Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, about 50 min.
28- Thanksgiving Day - Gilad's Step and Tone, about 45 min.
29- warm up cardio, then cardio/core intervals, 23 min.
30- cardio/abs, 13 min. Not much but something to end the month! :D

Mrs Snark 11-10-2013 02:05 PM

Just wanted to give you some of those kudos -- you're kicking butt! :carrot:

seabiscuit 11-10-2013 05:32 PM

Hey Holly and Mrs. Snark-

I am so happy to be joining the activity thread!! :carrot:

I have a very happy tale to share, I recently had ankle surgery and before I had it, I was terrified of all the possible complications and that my mobility would be limited. I finally bit the bullet, had surgery about a month ago with the kindest, most caring surgeon, now I can bear weight on my ankle in my boot!! I can begin to swim, bike and walk, this is a huge victory! I wanted to share this because a lot of good can come from tough experiences. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Believe in yourself and don't give up!!!

Amy ;)

VermontMom 11-10-2013 08:16 PM

Thank you Mrs. Snark (love that name) and
Seabiscuit, that is GREAT!

I was prepared to skip today's workout; I was feeling lazy, and overslept; and could have easily talked myself out of it; but then I read of a gentleman who recently passed at age 90-something but he was still doing handstands and pushups regularly at age 80!! so I was so shamed that I forced myself :devil:

Mrs Snark 11-11-2013 01:48 PM

Seabiscuit: that is WONDERFUL! :carrot:

VermontMom: way to dig in, I bet you don't regret it either!

I've been sick for 5 days, but today I was well enough to run and it felt great to get those endorphins flowing again!

VermontMom 11-14-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Snark (Post 4881314)
Seabiscuit: that is WONDERFUL! :carrot:

VermontMom: way to dig in, I bet you don't regret it either!

I've been sick for 5 days, but today I was well enough to run and it felt great to get those endorphins flowing again!

LOL, no I did not regret it, I was pretty pleased with my lazy self :p

sorry to hear you were sick for 5 days! but glad you felt well enough to run!

VermontMom 11-21-2013 06:41 PM

BUMP!! because I never meant to be the loner poster here! :D :exercise::wl::barbell:

seabiscuit 11-21-2013 09:20 PM

Hi Holly-

I am sorry that I didn't reply to this thread sooner but I was thinking of you and this thread today. I don't know why more people aren't posting here.

It felt great for me to get a walk in today, it feels great to walk again!

Thank you and Mrs. Snark for your supportive replies, it means a lot!

How are you feeling, Holly? I hope that you are feeling better! Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

VermontMom 11-25-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seabiscuit (Post 4888091)
Hi Holly-

I am sorry that I didn't reply to this thread sooner but I was thinking of you and this thread today. I don't know why more people aren't posting here.

It felt great for me to get a walk in today, it feels great to walk again!

Thank you and Mrs. Snark for your supportive replies, it means a lot!

How are you feeling, Holly? I hope that you are feeling better! Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hi Seabiscuit :wave: here we are now just a couple days before Thanksgiving :) I am feeling pretty good. If I focus on NOT letting some things bother me that is. There are 2 women at work that are so tiny, i feel like a cow next to them :(

Mrs Snark 11-26-2013 01:42 PM

I will join for these last couple of days of November and then for December, because I will need a wee bit of extra focus in December!

You are going to do December, right? You'd better!

26- Dog walks; Ran 5k
27- Dog walks; Ran 5k; Body-weight strength routine
28- Thanksgiving Day
29-
30-

VermontMom 11-28-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Snark (Post 4890459)
I will join for these last couple of days of November and then for December, because I will need a wee bit of extra focus in December!

You are going to do December, right? You'd better!

YES we are! :D

seabiscuit 11-28-2013 07:43 AM

Hi Holly and Mrs. Snark-

Happy Thanksgiving! I know what you mean, Holly about feeling larger than others, I feel that way too. I want to lose weight but I want to do it the healthy way and not obsess over it.

I am glad because I am cleared to exercise now and return to volunteer work. I am very excited! I was thinking about going back to my YMCA for exercise but I am considering going to a gym which is about twenty minutes away, it has a pool like the YMCA but maybe not a lot of kids there like my YMCA, I think it may be a little quietier like that. Also,I think I have a program called Silver Sneakers and they accept that program at the other gym.

Have a great holiday!

Amy :)

VermontMom 11-29-2013 08:13 AM

Seabiscuit, that is great that you are cleared for exercise, and back to your volunteer work! :)

I need to work on my self-image, I should know that most people don't judge on a little extra weight (though my employers DO and make comments which sucks so much) I did get up my courage and weighed, I had not gained as much as I thought, so my ticker is accurate now.

Mrs Snark 11-29-2013 03:04 PM

Happy Post-Thanksgiving you two, November is almost done, hard to believe!

26 - Dog walks; Ran 5k
27 - Dog walks; Ran 5k; Body-weight strength routine
28 - Thanksgiving Day - Triple dog walks; Ran 5k
29 - Dog walks; Rest Day
30 - Dog walks; Ran 5k; Body-weight strength routine; Meditation