Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/233/135

Height: 5'1

Default No more appetite

So I have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other in eating. I used to burry my depression in sweet sugary foods always trying to fill the void with something in my mouth. But now I have no appetite at all and not just lack of hunger but nothing even appeals to me.

So here is the problem I am on a medically supervised elemination diet and I will tell you it has been working wonders with my physical pain and the weight is coming off slowly. So I am supposed to eat 6 times a day but am having a big struggle with this because I am having to force it down I don't even want the food in my mouth. And it does not matter what I choose to eat.

Looking for advice on what to do here. Going to see the doctor on Wed to look at adjusting my meds but anyone got any suggestions until then?
Keywis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Honestly, if I wasn't hungry I just wouldn't eat. Unfortunately that almost never happens to me. But then I've never been a follower of the six meals a day philosophy. I get the reasoning (you don't get starved, so you don't overeat, and it keeps your blood sugars level) but at the same token it doesn't feel natural to me to eat that way. You may also find that this just isn't your style.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/233/135

Height: 5'1

It is not just eating that often but I don't want to eat at all. Like on Saturday I ate one banana and that was it and I did not even want it I just knew I had to eat something. On sunday I did better and was slightly hungry for breakfast but did not eat again after that till late that night when I thought I better eat something as not giving your body food does no good. I don't know I am sure I will get over it.
Keywis25 is offline   Reply With Quote