AntiD's that DON'T cause weight gain?

• Do any exist?

I didn't gain when I was taking effexor, but the drug made me so tired that I just couldn't continue taking it any longer since I'd spend 10-15 hours sleeping a day and have trouble staying awake. But the problem is, after a few months without it, I think I still need to take antidepressants, just not that one :S but I know that taking a drug that will cause me to gain weight will seriously negatively effect my happiness....idk if you have had any luck with a pill that does not cause weight gain?

Oh, I forgot to add, I did take Wellbutrin and it didn't make me tired or make me gain weight - seemed like magic - but I developed an allergic reaction and had to discontinue it
  • Wellbutrin has actually been known to help people lose weight and is used for depression. I was on it but it gave my hypertension (very rare, my doc says I'm the second case she has seen in 31 years). I lost weight while I was on it for the first 3 weeks.
  • I really wish I could take Wellbutrin, because like I said in my first post, I had good results while I took it. Its too bad that it made my body break out in hives =(
  • I've found the weight gain with Prozac very minor - about 5lbs and it works really well for my anxiety, depression, and eating disorder.

I've also had a number of friends do well on Zoloft and not gain weight.

Wellbutrin is supposed to make people lose weight, but I couldnt handle it.
  • Hi have you tried pristiq? It is made by the same manufacturers as effexor, and is the same type of AD but is metabolised differently. I find that out of the two pristiq gives me alot less side effects (after two weeks I had none). Also if anything pristiq reduced my appetite
  • The only one I tried was celexa, still trying to get the 40 pounds off.
  • When I was taking effex0r back in 2011,I lost 28lbs in 3 months.
    Now I'm on zoloft and I've lost 23lbs of the 30lbs I gained after effex0r stopped working.
    I know you've heard this before but everyone's different.
    The only emotion that I DON'T BINGE with is HAPPINESS.
    And I've been happy these past few months because of the zoloft.
  • The only meds that caused me weight gain was ANTI PSYCHOTICS.
    why was I prescribed those? I don't know.