• Hi there. I've been posting with 3FC for ages now but this is my first time with this group. I was just diagnosed with depression a couple of weeks ago and I started taking Celexa this week. I know it takes a few weeks to really start working but I am feeling a lot more optimistic and hopeful than I have previously. It is so strange when you come to the realization that the person you are now is a complete stranger to the person you used to be. I want that person back!!!

Anybody else taking Celexa? Just wondering if anyone found that there was a lot of weight gain with it or other side effects that popped up.

Take care all.
  • Hi Jen, Welcome!

I have been on Celexa. It worked well for me but I did gain weight. Having said that, I don't think it makes everyone gain weight. Different meds seem to affect people differently.

Once again, welcome!
  • Hi Jen.....Welcome!!!

I hope you like it here....the ladies here are really nice. I haven't taken Celexa.....but I have a sister who takes Celexa....she has never mentioned weight gain.

I am in B.C. now......but was from Ontario originally.....from Windsor.

April
  • Welcome
    Good for you for taking the step to get help. Sometimes it may take several meds and/or different dosages to find the right one. Hopefully you have found the one for you right away. If not, keep plugging away.. never give up until you feel better. Some have weight gain as a side effect.. but as someone else said, each med effects us each differently

Are you going to go into therapy as well?
  • Welcome Jen!
    Looking forward to getting to know you! Come and post lots....we need a little life on this board!

Bye for now!

Eliz
  • Welcome Jen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!