Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #16  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 361/351/300

Height: 5'2"

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Yesterday, I had a nice, relaxing day. All was good. Then, around 6pm, out of nowhere I started getting an intense feeling of dread... like something bad was going to happen. Then my chest started to ache, and my left fingers started to tingle a bit. I started to really flip out, crying uncontrollably at the "what-ifs" and that of course, only made things worse. My husband calmed me down and assured me that I was having a panic attack, but nonetheless, he drove me to the ER since my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was still exhibiting the tingling feeling. The doc in the ER performed all the tests; EKG, blood work, urinalysis, chest & heart xrays, and I'm pretty sure they did a D-dimer on my blood the check for clots (mom has antiphospholipid antibody syndrome which is hereditary). The doc said all looked healthy, and what I had was a true blue panic attack. She gave me some Ativan through an IV, and within minutes I could feel myself calm down. I was sent home at 4am with orders to see my primary within the week to talk about anxiety medications. Hubs and I went home and went to sleep just fine, but when I woke up at 9:30am the tingling was back and I had the feeling of dread again. I didn't have the tightness in my chest, but I started to think that maybe the doctor was wrong. I put myself in another mild panic attack, and my husband kept pointing out all the reasons that I'm going to be fine, and I'll be even better once I get proper anxiety meds. Still, while I know he's right, I still can't shake this intense feeling. And my hand is still tingly. Not as intense, but still there. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I have a hard time coping with going into a full panic mode when I wasn't stressing about anything to begin with. I keep telling myself that the tests all came back normal, that I have nothing to worry about... but I've never ever had an experience like this before. I knew I had anxiety, but not to this degree.
MamaApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

i need to say HI and apologize for being absent for so long!! everything is fine thank goodness just lots of work and summer stuff. Heat wave with no a/c and just regular summer warmth kept me from working out for almost 3 weeks but trying to get back on track.

will be able to do personals soon, just wanted to let you know I'm still 'with' you
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #18  
on a journey

Hello mama april, welcome to the group. I suffer from anxiety but the physical symptoms I get are in my stomach. It gets all out of sorts, I wish I could explain it. I am so sorry you are having panic attacks. I don't think I've ever had a full blown one but I have had anxiety so badly that it has caused me all sorts of problems. I take several medications and I still have it. Meds can only do so much. I hope you get to feeling better soon. We are here for you.

Vermont Mom, it is great to see you. I haven't been here like I should be either. Summer is such a busy time and I have just been so busy with life stuff. I will try to get here more often and see you ladies.

Hope you all are ok.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! I think we've all taken a little summer hiatus - glad to see people coming back!

MamaApril - I have had stress attacks to the point of feeling numbness in my arms. At some points, it was my right, at others it was my left arm. Tingling and felt very numb. I was under a lot of stress at those times, and the feeling did subside after the stressor was removed. I would certainly see your doctor and check it out, but I did want to say that I've had similar feelings before. *hugs* Hope all turns out well. Keep us posted.

Ohiofreespirit - How are your classes doing? Did you find out how you did on your assignments? Oh, and I yo-yo-ed in my weight all through college (+/- 20 pounds) - I would recommend getting yourself used to your class schedule and then start working in workouts and healthy food choices. You can only do so much at once, don't let yourself get overwhelmed.

VT Mom - How's it going?! Have you been riding the motorcycle in the heat wave we were having? Bike rides have been much nicer here now that the weather's cooled off.

Everyone else - hello and welcome!

As for me, food prep is going well - I've been eating a lot of fruit lately, and I've cut out my after dinner snack (which was turning into a binge) and morning coffee. Usually, I'll have two large cups of coffee with cream and sugar (if I drink the coffee at work - at home I just add milk) which comes out to around 300 cals. I've been drinking tea, which still has caffeine, and while it's not the same, at least I don't feel bogged down by the coffee drinks anymore.

Oh no! Should I change my username?! I still love coffee and going to coffee shops - I'm just trying something new! haha

Happy Saturday All
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #20  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 361/351/300

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for the input! I did see my doc last Friday and I was given some meds. I told him how scared I was that the ER missed something, and he pulled up every test and report they did and read them all to me. Everything came back clean and healthy, and he said I have a very healthy heart. That alone was a huge relief. I've been taking my new meds since Friday, and I am starting to feel like myself again, which is a very welcomed feeling!
I hope everyone had a great weekend, we spent some time at the beach and enjoyed the outdoors. Yesterday was more of a lazy day inside, but we all deserve one of those days every now and then. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
MamaApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 274/218/130

Height: 5'3"

MamaApril, you absolutely deserve a lazy day, especially when your brain is acting up!

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but it's good that you at least have a doctor who takes you seriously and explains what's going on.
Kelly R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi MamaApril - Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better!

This Sunday was a lazy day for us too. It was a cooler weekend, which was great for napping.

How's Monday going for everyone?
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #23  
on a journey

Hello everyone. Well this is the last day of the month. I can't believe it.

I have been very busy with work and school. They both keep me very busy which I guess is good, keeps me out of trouble.

I hope everyone is doing alright. The thread has been awfully quiet.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote