3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

June chat

Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #16
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face Hi there

Hi Pudgy Flamingo-

I hope you feel stronger. I understand the feeling of wanting comfort food, I actually gave into that feeling today, sigh. Take good care of yourself. I hope that you can find some other positive ways to cope.

Hi Moreta-

I hope things improve for you. I take generic Zanaflex every night for my Fibromyalgia. I like it because it seems to work. Can you talk to your doctor next time about your feelings and try to explain how you feel? Is there any way you can leave a message for his office?

That's great that you like your new therapist. I understand what you are saying, some days I feel like I have so much to talk about too.

I am doing okay. I am exhausted though, I don't know if it is my anemia, fibromyalgia or the combination along with the dreary, rainy weather. I slept a lot when I got home and I am frustrated because I have been so tired. I get another opinion regarding my anemia in a few weeks. I did have an interview today and that went well, I will hear back within a few days as to whether or not I get it.

Take care everyone
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
on a journey

S/C/G: 264/253/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies,

I hope you all are doing well.

I am struggling. My neck, upper back and right shoulder are hurting me. I went the chiropractor on Friday. Yesterday I went the ER, I was in such pain. They put me on muscle relaxers and steroids. I am due to go back to the chiropractor tomorrow but I don't know if I will have the money. I need to call them and talk to them before my appt. The meds seem to be helping a little bit.

I am sorry I haven't been here to keep up with everyone. I am not a very good friend, I'm afraid.

My hip is doing just fine.

Jennifer is home from Colorado, she went to comic con there in Denver and had a really fun time.

I promise to check in more often.

http://lisa43311.wordpress.com/
ohiofreespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Ohiofreespirit,

I think you are a great friend! I know that you are going through a lot right now, don't feel obligated to check in more than you have time for. We are here for you!

I am sorry you are going through so much right now. Take good care and take it easy.

Today was a good day. I saw some friends and I had fun with them, I enjoyed teaching a boy how to swim the front crawl. I want to swim more often, I just had been feeling tired lately and a bit overwhelmed. Tomorrow, I have a tennis lesson, that should be fun! I don't know if I mentioned this or not but I had a local interview recently so I should hear back from the company soon, I am hoping for the best. Even if I don't get the position, at least I know that I tried.

Take care everyone.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #19
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Ohio - I'm so sorry you were in such pain I hope you are better now! and you are a GREAT friend here

Seabiscuit, have fun with your tennis lesson today and best wishes on the results of the interview

Hi to everyone else

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #20
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

Hi Holly,

How are you doing? It's great to see you!

Thanks for the good luck on my tennis lesson and the results of my interview. I didn't get much sleep last night, I am not sure why because I was definitely tired, yawn.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!

Take care.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

oops, it looks like I was posting twice, sorry!

Last edited by seabiscuit : 06-10-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #22

S/C/G: 185/181/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Update

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. I had some very bad news over the weekend - a very close death in the family. So, the husband and I are handling those arrangements. Needless to say, it hasn't been a good week.

In other news, I'm just going to admit that I'm back to binge eating almost every night. I'm kinda depressed about it, simply because I know it feels good when I'm overeating. It's really that simple.

I guess I'm just really bogged down right now. Still, thought I would check in and say hello.

Hope all is well

Goal Achieved: 175 lbs on 4/30/14

coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Coffeeshopgirl

I am so sorry that you are going through such a rough time. My condolences to you and your family. I hope that you can find a way to take care of yourself without food.

I am doing okay, I have been really tired lately though. My stomach has been bothering me, I don't know why. I am glad that I will be away with my family for a few days in July, I am really looking forward to that.

Later today, I see my psychiatrist, I'll see how that goes, hopefully okay.

Take care.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #24
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

coffeeshopgirl i am so sorry to hear what you have to go through, strength to you!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #25

S/C/G: 289/289/170

Height: 5'8"

coffeeshopgirl, i'm sorry for your loss.

I've been doing ok. Been kinda paranoid though. Mostly about stupid stuff. Like getting hit by a car when I go get the mail or getting shot at while I'm outside smoking....

On the therapy front, I'm really comfortable with my new therapist. Not sure quite why. It might be the fact that I just feel the need to tell someone everything...idk. But so far, so good.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #26

S/C/G: 185/181/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Each day is another step of healing, ya know?

We found out that the health problem she had was aggravated by obesity. If the experience has done anything, it's encouraged me and my husband to LOSE THE WEIGHT. I come here most days and complain and plan about stopping the binge eating and plan to exercise more. You know - I just have to do it. Just do it. Do it or don't do it. It's up to me.

And I want my family to be healthy.

We've been going for after dinner walks and this morning we went for a bike ride. I still have trouble controlling my night eating, but I know that my metabolism is revved up from exercise so I'm being slightly patient with myself. TOM doesn't help either, lol.

Seabiscuit - How did your appointment go today? Is your stomach feeling better?

Moreta - Glad you're feeling comfortable with your new therapist. It's good to talk it out, and I'm glad you're building a good support system with this person.

VTMom - Have you been having good biking weather over there? We've done a few motorcycle rides lately - I think it helps clear the husband's head.

Goal Achieved: 175 lbs on 4/30/14

coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #27
on a journey

Hello everyone. Coffeeshopgirl, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I too am struggling here. I feel so down. I feel like everything is getting to me. I am so tired, I just want to sleep all the time. I've lost my driver's license and I can't figure out where in the world it would be? It is really bothering me.

i'm going to go get some rest, maybe a good night's sleep will do me good?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink Hi everyone

Hi there-

Holly, How are you doing?

Moreta, It's great to see you. That's great that you like your new therapist, that's wonderful news.

Coffeeshopgirl, It sounds like you are feeling a little better. I am glad that you aren't as depressed, I hope that you continue to feel stronger.

Ohiofreespirit, I understand what you are saying about wanting to sleep all the time. I have been exhausted lately and it feels like I can't get enough sleep. Take care.

I am doing okay, just extremely tired and I am not sure as to why I have been so exhausted lately. I am seeing a different hematologist a week from Wednesday. He is the head of the department of hematology at a major hospital and I hope that I can get a good opinion from him. I feel frustrated with my current hematologist so I hope that I will like this doctor.

I feel frustrated because it seems like I have medical appointments a lot of the time and after awhile it gets old. I want to improve my health yet I am still drawn to some of the unhealthy foods, I can feel myself slipping lately. I am not sure that following a specific diet is what is right for me, I have tried so many diets that I have lost count. I don't know what my approach will be next.

This next weekend I am going to see family and perhaps a friend, then after that I am going to see family again about a week or two later for a few days on a little mini vacation.

Tomorrow, I am going to hang out with a friend and her dog. That should be fun! I am going to go to bed pretty soon, take care everyone.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #29
on a journey

Hello everyone. I am feeling a little bit better today, not so exhausted.

I am trying to learn half-double crochet and well, I've not having much success. YouTube is a tricky place to try and learn from. I am not giving up though.

I still haven't found my license.

Not much going on here but work. I'm all work and no play.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #30

S/C/G: 181/141.8/125

Height: 5'3"

I was laid off at the end of April. I've been unemployed since then. I can't seem to get anyone to bite, for one reason or another, so I just keep tossing out resumes.

Besides the financial strain this causes - student loans, rent, utilities, car inspection, gas, food, etc. - it's also making me feel afraid to return to work. I feel rusty.

I also feel like the weak link in my relationship. My boyfriend is doing pretty well. He wants to move in with me but any place we try wants a certain income level that he's just short of. If I had even a part time job, we'd be fine. He can pay the rent and whatnot, we wouldn't apply if we couldn't, but these places want several thousand above what he's currently making on his internship. After he gets a full time job, we'll be fine but I hate that it's my lack of income that cuts us off at the knees.

I'm also afraid that I've missed a loan somewhere and that I'll get in trouble. All of this is so overwhelming, I wish something would go right. I have an interview tomorrow for a part time job in my field but I'm afraid I'll mess it up...
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.