Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

coffeegirl: hahaha, it's not true! well, some companies do have that exercise thing, but it's definitely a tiny minority. all companies and schools have yearly mandatory health checks though. and PE classes here are INSANE!!! i would have died if i'd had to do what they make those kids do as a chubby little teen!! (lol) as for the foods people eat at home, there's still loads of rice and fried stuff... and super high sodium!! (soy sauce? miso soup?) but at least they have better portion control than we do... but yeah japanese food is soooooo good! it kinda baffles the mind that only sushi (and tempura i guess) have made their ways to restaurants across the pond because there are so so so many delicious foods here. and soooo many snacks! it's a really evil place to live in when you are trying to lose weight! lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

just a quick good morning, nice to see so many conversations here!

to Kawaiicandie sounds like a kewl occupation!

coffeeshopgirl, gosh i was not happy to hear what you dad said about your mom and it must have been hard but I say the right thing to do, to separate yourself from people who are toxic to you.

and thank you for the advice, I am ashamed that I am not trying that hard because almost daily now I crumble and have had something 'bad' at work (embarassed)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/118/118

Having a crappy day. I just can't shake the feeling that nobody likes me, nobody cares about me, people will cheer if bad things happen to me, etc.

Also nobody has responded to my thread in another forum which always makes me feel crappy and unwanted.
txgeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Txgeekgirl, sorry you are having a crappy day. I too feel bad sometimes when people don't answer my thread.... but then I rationalize it and it is more figure there are more reasonable answers than they don't care what I have to say. I hope you get feeling better soon. I visited Dallas in October, I really love Texas..... maybe that is one thing you can be happy about... you live in a great City.

Vermontmom- you are doing so well on your diet and exercise. Keep it up. Its almost the end of your dreadful winter job.... most of that time it means end of sad time for you... right?

KawiiCandie, working in Japan sounds awesome. I can only envy it b/c I would not have the courage to live or work anywhere over seas.

Coffeeshopgirl, I love, love, love your name. Lol. Do you work in a coffee shop, or just like me... LOVE coffee?

Well, I have got to go..... Hope everyone has a great week!!!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #20  

vermontmom: thanks! don't feel embarrassed. life is hard sometimes! just, get yourself back up and try to let the bad things slide off your back! don't wait for me to practice what i preach though... lol. but good luck! plus you know, a trick someone gave me is that, at night, try to go through all the things that went good today, and not focus on the bad so much!

txgeek: we love you!!! and we all have bad days... go to bed early! it'll be better tomorrow! and i know how you feel... i know it's stupid but i always feel bad when people don't reply to me in other threads!

ladyrider: well, i always knew that i wanted to come to Japan so I dunno if it was such a brave thing, for me... but I definitely didn't know i would stay this long!! I wish I could speak Japanese better though... cuz sometimes it's really hard to live here!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCandie View Post
txgeek: we love you!!! and we all have bad days... go to bed early! it'll be better tomorrow! and i know how you feel... i know it's stupid but i always feel bad when people don't reply to me in other threads!
So do I. It just confirms my feeling that nobody really gives a crap about me, my problems, what's going on in my l ife, and nobody wants to help me. Everyone wants me to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Txgeekgirl, sorry you are having a crappy day. I too feel bad sometimes when people don't answer my thread.... but then I rationalize it and it is more figure there are more reasonable answers than they don't care what I have to say. I hope you get feeling better soon. I visited Dallas in October, I really love Texas..... maybe that is one thing you can be happy about... you live in a great City.
I know you're trying to make me feel better but oh my god, I freaking HATE Dallas. I can't wait to get the **** out of this dump. I only live here because my family lives here. The day after I bury my parents, the 'For Sale' sign is going up on the lawn and I'll be a dot on the horizon. I have never been happy living in D....EVER.

As for people not answering my thread...I figure it's because they don't care and they want me to fail. That might sound stupid but I grew up being mercilessly bullied by everyone and as I entered adulthood, people just ignored me. I'm convinced that if someone walked up to me in public and punched me in the face or stabbed me in the stomach, people would simply step over my bleeding body.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #22  
on a journey

I feel so bad, you all have been so busy with the thread and I have been lax.

Today, I joined the local YMCA. It was a big step for me but I did it. I think it will be good for me, the working out and the socializing. I still have a walking video that I can do at home. Now I just need to get myself over the hump and just start.

My anxiety has been kind of bad the past 2 days. I'm hoping that when I start exercising, it will help with that. Maybe work off some of that negative fear that I keep bottled up inside me.

I had a birthday on the 7th, it was a very quiet day. No cake, no presents but still it was a pleasant day. I got some lovely birthday wishes on Facebook and also from my daughter. She is presently at college.

I hope this post finds you all well.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

KawaiiCandie - Good to know about Japanese culture. And, now I want some fried food, lol. Now that you mention it, I'm surprised more Japanese cuisine hasn't made it here either - but I really do enjoy sushi. So, what level/grade ESL students are you teaching?

VTmom - Thanks for the kind words about my dad. I finally got all those toxic memories/mood out of my head. I hate when it sits there for several days and just needs to be worked/talked out. I like being happy much much better And, do I remember correctly that you work in a bakery right now? That's gotta be tough being calorically good. Hang in there, and if you want some more motivation, you know where to find us!

txgeekgirl - How are you feeling today? Your last post sounds like you're really frustrated. Let us know how we can help

ladyrider - Thanks for the compliment on my name! I made it years ago when I used to frequent a coffee shop in college - doing homework, meeting people, etc. It's how I got that nickname - people would say "hey, you're that girl in the coffee shop" lol. There were a bunch of regulars there, and it was just a good atmosphere with good memories of that time in my life. I've actually never worked at one, but me and the husband do appreciate coffee - the elixir of life

ohiofreespirit - That's great that you joined the YMCA! I had a membership there and I loved the pool and their treadmills. As far as socializing, I would check out volunteering opportunities there if you're interested in that. Otherwise, I really just went in there to work out and left, lol. Guess I could have been more chatty Also, happy belated birthday!!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #24  

So, the last few days have been pretty stressful. Glad to report that I'm still sitting at 182.4 pounds, despite some Chinese food and fried food the last two days. I've been crazy hungry lately, so I'm hoping to combat that with water and exercise. Last night we water literally raining into our apartment (fml), and tonight we went shopping for interview clothes for the husband (so proud of him!). Needless to say, I haven't exercised in 2 days, and tomorrow I gotta get back at it.

I finally reached a point to where I am used to a routine of working-snack of berries-workout-water-dinner. My body's missing it. I'm also doing an experiment to see if I can work through my PMS/TOM symptoms. When I'm heavier, I almost can't move during this time, but I wonder what a little willpower and 3 less pounds can do. Wish me luck!

Hope you're all having a good day. Cannot believe tomorrow's Thursday, lol. Here's a motivational broccoli to get us to the weekend:

G'night everyone.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #25  

txgeek: hun. nobody wants you to fail. especially not on here. if people aren't replying, it's probably cuz they don't know what to say or haven't been in that situation before. some people are just self-centered twats though and when the world doesn't revolve around them, they don't feel the need to reply, even if it could be helpful to a person. don't put so much thought into how people reply on an internet forum!!! big hugs girl.

freespirit: happy belated birthday! congratulations on joining the YMCA! i hope you find the motivation to go often and you're totally right, exercising helps with a lot of stuff! i hope it makes you feel better!

coffeeshopgirl: I'm teaching first and second year of junior high school. i teach at 2 different schools. and one of those schools, last year, i was teaching seniors in high school, so it's gonna be very different this year! i actually prefer the older ones, so i was kinda bummed to be sent of to the JHS section, but what can you do? plus, the program they have going on over there seems really good, so at least it'll be fun. good luck with PMS! and if you're hungry, eat! just make sure it's good stuff you're eating and not crap...

hey guys! well, today i went to one of my schools for a meeting with some of the teachers i'll be teaching with and it was pretty exciting! even though i'd still rather be teaching the older kids, the program that my predecessor has devised is amazing, and i pretty much have nothing to do except showing up and teaching it! lol. but no planning or anything, and the teachers i'll be working with all seem great! (this is my good school, mind you... my other school is another story...) but i'm stoked to be starting work next monday and to FINALLY have some semblance of a routine!!

eating's been good, and so have my workouts, but i dunno how much i weigh cuz i'm doing this "no scale" challenge until May. weighing in every day and seeing the scale go up and down (though mostly up or stable, i haven't seen an actual drop in weeks...) was making me feel really depressed (when it would go up, most of all) so i thought i'd see if i'd fare any better with no scale.

other than that, nothing to report
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #26  

Thursday started off crappy because I was late to work due to some moron flipping his car over at an intersection on my way to work. The road leading to that intersection is elevated above a park and golf course so there's nowhere to turn off or turn around so if you get stuck on it, you're screwed. I don't know why people keep flipping their cars at that intersection; I use it every day and it's not dangerous/tricky at all.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I was late to work today too, cause I slept through 2 alarms and didn't wake up till 8:15....

I could not go to sleep last night. My PTSD was acting up and I kept having flashbacks....which really suck. I lost a lot of my memory 2 years ago when I had a psychotic break. Unfortunately, I still remember all the bad crap.

I have things under control most of the time b/c I'm on medication, but every once in a while things break through. I'm going to talk to my therapist about it the next time I see her.

I'm better today, just tired from not getting enough sleep. The provigil kicked in, so I'm somewhat functional.

Last edited by Moreta; 04-11-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #28  

Hi txgeekgirl - We have stupid drivers up my way too. Some drivers are just plain dumb and don't pay attention to the road. Sucks that you were late to work because of it.

Hi Moreta - Sorry to hear that you're not getting enough sleep and that your PTSD is acting up. I'm glad your provigil seems to be working though. It must be nice to have some relief. I hope you're able to get some more sleep this weekend! One more day...TGIF!

So, this week has been another set of long days and errands to run in the evenings. I'm looking at my elliptical right now, and I've decided that rest is healthier than pushing through my exhaustion. I've been really hungry lately, so hopefully that's my metabolism kicking back into gear.

The elliptical will be there tomorrow. And over the weekend.

Let's all get some rest!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #29  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Sorry I haven't posted over the past week. I have been getting ready for upcoming surgery on the 23rd. it is in a city over 4 hours away so everything is done by phone. Two days I was on the phone over 4 hours each with the hospital going over my medical history, meds, etc. Glad that's over!!

I know that after surgery, because I cannot eat the low carb way while healing, I will get depressed about my weight again. I have really worked hard for the past 2 1/2 months to get this 32 lbs off just to regain part of it back. I will be on here as soon as possible reading for motivation to keep my chin up.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #30  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Hi everyone ;)

Welcome Moreta, Txgeekgirl, KawaiiCandie, Lady Rider!

I have been doing so-so, and I have been feeling a bit depressed lately. This past Sunday was the month anniversary of my now ex-boyfriend and I breaking up. I am glad we are apart but there are parts of me that misses him too.

Last week I had a lot of medical appointments and I felt so frazzled! Fortunately I made it through all of them, including one appointment where I was a new patient and it included allergy testing. The appointment took about three hours! Now I have some dietary restrictions: no corn, tomato, soy, sesame, legumes, nuts for the next few months or at least my doctor advised me to not include these in my eating. There are some days when I do better than others with the dietary changes, some days it drives me crazy and I give in, others days the restrictions don't really bother me.

I never have been one who copes with stress well and I would like to improve upon that and learn how to deal with stress better. I think I have made some progress with coping with stress, but lately my way of avoiding it has been sleeping a lot and overeating. The overeating is frustrating because I had lost over ten pounds, and I may have gained it back. I have a tendency to sabotage my successes in life, especially with weight loss. Can anyone else relate to this self-sabotaging, if so do, you have any advice?

Well, I hope everyone has a nice evening and a good start to the weekend! TGIF!

It's a rainy day here, so I am hoping it will be nice and sunny again soon!

Here's wishing you all well...

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote