Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #16  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

VTMom: I feel for you during this month since you have such close reminders of your dad. Mine died in April 2009 and his birthday was always around Father's Day if not on it (June 15). My time is coming soon. I know he is in a better place as he was sick for many years and the last months were terrible for him, but that doesn't mean that I miss him any less. The last few months, I have been missing him more than ever.

Seabiscuit: I volunteered at our local hospital for over 4 years while I was still in high school and it was very rewarding. Sorry to hear about your break-up, but most times, it is for the best. I found out after my divorce that this too will pass. Staying busy made it much easier for me. Sounds like you are doing the same thing.

Aunty Jam: I admire your running program and karate too! I would give just about anything if I could do such exercises again.

Coffeeshopgirl: It is great that you and your husband realize that it takes work during times in our lives when we are so busy to take time to keep yourselves close. No job or career goals are worth losing a very valuable relationship for. I can relate to you about the planning ahead of dinners. I am going in for surgery in the next couple of weeks, and I am planning some casseroles and prepared dinners that I can prepare ahead of time and he can take out, thaw and heat or cook. I know I can't follow MRC plan exactly, but I am gonna try to get back on plan after a week due to needing the extra protein for healing. The first week will probably consist of various soups and saltines/Ritz crackers with ginger ale as I have problems with nausea on a good day so after surgery is a given.

By the way, I forgot to ask if I can I join you gals? Ya'll have a great thread going here!

Last edited by firegirl441; 03-22-2013 at 04:27 AM.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

firegirl - of COURSE you can join!! love to have you. I'm sorry about the loss of your dad too, and around Father's Day, how hard! and best wishes on the upcoming surgery.

coffeeshopgirl - how true that it does take a little effort to get into the procedure of cooking ahead/freezing but sooooo convenient! And hoo-boy is it easy to become complacent in marriage. It does take effort sometimes to be conscious of what your spouse might like or appreciate.

SeaBiscuit - today I thought of you, when I did something thoughtful for someone I let them know that their son was very polite to me, when the kid was with a different family and not with his mom. She almost got tears in her eyes, she was so pleased to hear it! she said 'I'll remember that the next time I'm yelling at him" lol (yes she was kidding)

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi firegirl - Thanks for the words of wisdom. One thing I can appreciate about the husband is that he's always supportive. Can't ask for more than that.

VTmom - Isn't it amazing what positive feedback can do? It's a rare thing anymore. Very thoughtful And, it will encourage that kind of polite behavior to be repeated.

So, I need to recoup and gather up a TON of will power. I've been eating WAY too much for dinner and all the wrong things. Tastes good but my pants aren't fitting. I'm getting used to the 10 hour days, and the plan is to prep easy, microwavable dinners for the week. Looks like that prep will happen tomorrow, because Sunday I don't want to do anything, let alone cook.

Starting tomorrow, I need the will power to help fight off my cravings for junk.

What helps you ladies stick to plan?
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #19  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink hey there everyone

How's everyone doing today?

Welcome coffeshopgirl and firegirl, glad to have you with us!!

coffeeshopgirl- That is really awesome that you were involved in the Special Olympics, good for you! I find volunteering to be very rewarding. I also love my guitars, I just haven't been playing a whole lot. I used to take lessons and I like my teacher but I think I want to try something new for lessons. That is great that you have all of that fitness equipment, that can be a real motivator to get in shape.

firegirl- Yes, thanks, I really do enjoy my volunteering, this is is the fourth hospital I have volunteered at. This was my first week back volunteering at the hospital, but my cumulative hours of my prior volunteering at this hospital and now are 40 hours! I get to go to a volunteer luncheon next month with my neighbor who also volunteers and I am looking to forward to a meet and greet with the new hospital president. I was recently a patient in this hospital a month before I started volunteering and I was so impressed with the care that I decided to write the president of the hospital and he wrote back I want to thank him for his letter in person.

The break-up has been rough but I am slowly getting over it. I told my therapist, this is still a 'fresh wound,' and sometimes I feel perfectly fine, others I cry tears. I replay the memories in my head of us together, I guess partially as a comfort but part of me doesn't know if replaying the tapes is helpful or not.

VermontMom- Thanks, yeah I love volunteering! I find it rewarding to help others and give back to the community.

I think I am slowly becoming less tired and I continue to take my iron as prescribed twice a day, but there are days when I feel exhausted, especially if it is nasty weather or if I have been very busy all day.

Awe, thanks for thinking of me with the kindness!

Take care everyone! Have a great weekend
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #20  

Hi everyone!

My weekend is so far, so good. Got oil changes on the cars, and got most of the meals prepped for the week. I'm feeling a bit behind on the food prep, but I have to remember that I'm also prepping dinners for this week. Last week(s) we've been going out to eat because we're too tired to make food when we get home, so we need stuff that can be popped in the microwave. And, I need time to exercise - deciding whether to cook dinner for us or exercise for myself...i just have no brain cells left at the end of the day anymore, lol.

So here's what on the menu for this week:
Breakfasts - 1/2 cup Oatmeal (150 cals) or an egg & bean burrito (250 cals)
Coffee - 1 travel mug w 1/2-3/4 cup of 1/2% milk (approx 200 cals)
Lunches - Salad w chicken (300 cals) or tuna salad sandwich (approx 350 cals)
Driving home snack - apple (100 cals) or 1/2 a protein bar (150 cals)
***MUST exercise right when I get home or it doesn't happen and I get fat, lol***
Dinners - hamburger w green beans or chicken paprika soup (almost a stew) [I'm not going to calculate calories, I'm simply going to try to stick to not snacking after dinner]

I operate by the policy of "If you fail to plan, the plan to fail." The challenge will be to not snack after dinner, which I've been doing for the past 2 months. It's tough, so I may be on here whining about how hard it is not to snack. (just to warn you, lol). But, I'd rather whine and lose weight than whine about feeling fat.

I'll try my plan out tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Happy weekend all!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #21  

I have good news!

I decided to step on the scale today. Nervous as ever, but I did it. I know I've been eating poorly and was estimating my weight around 188-190.

I weighed myself around 6pm, so I was hydrated and had eaten.

************* 184.4 ***********************

I'm not going to change my ticker yet, because in two weeks I hope to be down to 182 again.

So. Happy.

Just had to tell you all.

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 03-24-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #22  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking

That's great news, coffeeshopgirl! Way to go!!!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #23  
on a journey

i am so sorry I haven't been here all month. It's been a combination of things but i'm here now.

Work is keeping me hopping, sometimes too much. My anxiety is still in control at times. Today is not a very good day. I am quite down.

I have decided to buy a walking dvd and start to walk in the quiet of my own living room. I need to start out slowly and this is how I have decided to do it. I don't want to do it with anyone around. I want to work my way up to more strenuous activities.

How is everyone?
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #24  
Biker Chick!

coffeeshopgirl - WTG!! that is great!

ohiofreespirit, it is good to hear from you

I am pretty good in my mind, which in itself is a fantastic thing for a depressed person isn't it! I truly have not had persistant bad moods or terrible low moods or even the apathy from last year.

I am plugging along with getting fitter/weight loss aspect; working out hard and better, and trying to eat better/less, but haven't lost in inches which is sucky but it hasn't even been 2 full weeks yet so I am being too impatient.

Hi to everyone else

We are still deep in snow and ice and cold, I want this stuff gone!!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #25  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hi Everyone!

Still struggling and trying to get back on the wagon. This "extended winter" isn't helping and is just making me cranky. Yeah, I know I'm in the south, but it's even cold down here too - by southern standards anyway!!!

I took a week off from the gym and from running last week. Hoping that I can refind my motivation this week.

No time for personals today - but I want to say to everyone!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #26  
NeNe

Congrats coffeeshopgirl!

ohiofreespirit- I am relatively new here so glad to "meet" you.

Vermontmom- glad to hear you are still on plan. It is hard when the scale and measuring tape don't move. I have problems with that as when patience was being handed out, I think I was off doing something else and missed mine. LOL

grneyedmustang-keep trying and you will back on the wagon in no time!

I am having to get back on the wagon myself. I got bored with the MRC program and after having the flu last week, I ate whatever I wanted this weekend so this morning was a new start for me following the Atkins plan for a few weeks. I did exercise and mentally and physically I felt better after I did it.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #27  

Firegirl - Glad you're feeling better, the flu is no fun! You'll get back on track. Don't pressure yourself - take it one step at a time. It took me months to get back on track. How is the Atkin's plan working out for you?

grneyedmustang - I know what you mean about this extended winter and the crankiness that it can bring. I'm tired of this yo-yo weather, lol. One day it's 40 degrees and rainy, and the next it's 20 and snowing. I hear ya! Just keep trying You'll find your groove.

seabiscuit - How are you doing? How's the volunteering and guitar lessons?

ohiofreespirit - I like the walking DVD program idea. And, I agree with working out at home, especially when work is keeping you busy. One step at a time (literally), right? Glad you're back!

VTmom - Are you guys still getting snow/ice up there? I'm in MI, so we're getting some almost Spring/some freezing days. My electric blanket has helped so much this winter. Glad to hear you're getting back on track too!

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 03-26-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #28  

Default Tuesday's thoughts

I think I've found my way around the long days and overeating. I eat around 700 calories throughout the day, come home and have a bag of blackberries and an apple (thank you, Sam's Club), metabolize that quickly, and begin my workout. Tonight I had a homemade hamburger, 3/4 cup green beans, and 1/2 cup of spaghetti. After my workout, I had some tortilla chips and a cheese stick. I'm estimating 1800 calories. I'm burning between 200-300 cals each workout, and I don't really want to count specifically yet. I'd much rather focus on eating right and exercising every day this week.

Once I make it through this week, I know I can make it through the next week, and so on.

Guess i'm just trying to be patient with myself. I know I'm building muscle and eating a little more in order to feed my increased metabolism. I doubt I'll step on the scale this week. I'm just glad to be back on track.

Can't believe tomorrow's Wednesday. Hope everyone's having a good week!

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 03-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #29  
NeNe

I made it to exercise two days this week at the pool and plan to go in the morning. It helps my moods with I can have that 1 hour to myself for exercise. My daughter has screwed up her life with alcohol. This week, she stole our truck and wrecked it. DH ran her off and we haven't heard from her since. i miss the grandbabies terribly.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #30  
Biker Chick!

firegirl, good to hear you can have some exercise time to yourself, that is important. So very sorry to hear about your daughter, that must be very very hard.

coffeeshopgirl, yes, have patience with yourself! and you can tell that to me too If you can make it clean through a whole week I believe in you that you can continue, also.!
Yes we are still slightly buried in snow, some melting has happened (like you can see our path to the house) but we had another dusting overnight and now yesterday's brown muddy path is white muddy path, lol. It will take weeks more for all our snow to be gone, usually .

Hi GEM, Ohio, seabiscuit, auntyjam, hopeforme, and everyone else

Think I told here that i took our bathroom scales out to the garage, I am regretting it now, lol but it's best I keep off it for a solid 3 weeks I think.

Well today is my "Sunday" so I have to do all the things today, that I didn't do yesterday.