3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Monday, May 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/27568-monday-may-12-a.html)

cathyxxx 05-12-2003 10:42 AM

Monday, May 12

Good Morning Chickadees!

Hope everybody had a great Mother's Day! I did! My oldest son got me a great big scented candle and a beautiful card that he wrote a bunch of really nice things in (that is always a Blessing for us Mom's to have our children saw sweet things to us). My youngest son got up very early and washed my car before church, which was a huge sacrifice since he didn't get home from a baseball game with dad until after midnight the night before. Then we all went to Sunday School and Church and then to my in-laws to eat ribeye steaks and baked potatoes and it was a really nice day. I had been with my mom on saturday, but I called her again on Sunday.

The rest of my weekend was a blurr because of spending Friday night with my grandmother, and lots of activities on Saturday.

I think I had mentioned before that my mother had planned an 8 day trip to Branson the first of June and had insisted that I go with her, but this morning she finally told me that the trip is cancelled bec my grandmother is soooooo sick. There is just no way we can leave with things the way they are. Right now someone has to stay with her 24/7. My mom and aunt hired a sitter yesterday to be with her at night, but my mom and aunt still have to split the day time and the rest of us will take turns relieving them some and giving them a little break.

With everything going on I haven't exercised in a week - no big deal - you just do what ya gotta do - but it's certainly in the back of my mind.

It's nice and quiet here at work this morning - and I am loving it - because I really need some "quiet". Hope it stays that way. ;-)

whassssssup with everybody else?

hugs,
Cathy :wave:

Have a Blessed Day!

Leenie 05-12-2003 01:22 PM

Hey Cathy & Everyone to come ...

The weekend was nice, it went to fast of course. We went to visit my MIL and my Mom and then basically the day was shot. So what little time we had left we napped, finished house work and laundry FUN - NOT !! lol.

Cathy don't try to take on to much stress we all know where that can lead us. The exercise will come back. Although to relieve stress they say to exercise :lol: sorry to hear your trip is canceled but knowing you I'm sure your not that dissapointed. I know you were scared to go in the first place. I hope your g'ma gets better.

Well I've completed week one of my CAD. I wasn't going to weigh myself but I had to, to see if I am doing more good than harm lol. Next week will tell.

Have a great day everyone, hugs !!
Leenie

cathyxxx 05-12-2003 02:48 PM

Gosh Leenie - you know me too well ;-) This is a little scarey - am I that transparent? lol But you are totally right - I am not disappointed at all about the trip - isn't that sad - but I saw it coming and I just did not want to be gone for 8 days. I feel bad for mom bec she was looking forward to it, but it's just easier for me to not go - does that make any sense at all?

Man do I need to learn to chill or what! *sigh*

Leenie - a week on CAD is great! you go girl! keep us posted ok

where is everybody else at today?

how bout just a quick hi and bye for everybody?

hugs

april99 05-12-2003 02:53 PM

Good morning

Hi Cathy & Leenie.......I had a nice Mothers day also. DH I I went for a brunch at DS3 & his GF's house.....it was nice. The other 2 DSs live out of town.....DS1 sent me an e-card for Mothers Day.....he also called......he has a GF now.....& before the GF....there were a lot of occasions that he would forget.....it must be the GF.....DS2 called me....that was nice

It is a beautiful day here today.....nice & sunny. I was on the deck for coffee with DH earlier.

I went to the doctor on Friday......am really having problems getting out of bed in the mornings....never used to....used to get up at 7 or 7:30 A.M......now I am lucky if I can get out of bed by 9:30 A.M. I never took afternoon naps.....unless I was sick.....now I fall asleep between 4 to 5 days a week in the late afternoon. I must be the Effexor. The doctor reduced the Effexor in half....to 75 mg. I hope that helps.....I am feeling better these days.

We have a squirrel here that seems to want to live in our shed in the backyard.....he is destroying things.....DH is going to get some stainless steel mesh today....so this squirrel can't get in there.

I have been sort of out of control with eating on & off this past winter & spring.....when I was really depressed in the fall.....I didn't eat much.....then when I started to feel better....I was eating more....this has been on & off....today I am back to counting WW points.....again.....I guess this will always be a struggle....eating.

I should go & get some things done around here. Have a great day everyone.

April

JudoMom 05-12-2003 05:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

more later.. but what is CAD?????

cathyxxx 05-12-2003 06:08 PM

CAD = Carbohydrate Addicts Diet

basically you can only have carbs at one meal and you have to keep that meal to no longer then 1 hour. There are no carbs the rest of the day - it works for a lot of people

JudoMom 05-12-2003 06:16 PM

aaaaaahhh.. thanks *S

Daughter and I are going to start DrAtkins tmorrow.. I need to do a grocery shopping first... low carb worked for me years ago when I tried it.