Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default Thursday 4/24

Hi gang. I've been MIA for a while now but have thought of all of you each day. I have not messed with the computer much, just long enough to download my email and send a few out.

My face is still giving me heck. The dosepak worked to a degree but I keep getting "hit." We've not been able to figure out what is getting me. It must be airborne. I went to see the doc Monday and she gave me another dosepak but I've held off. All I want to do is eat eat eat when taking it. Instead I am using Benydryl which is helping some. I hate taking steroids.

I have worn a pony tail (one tail Linda, not 3!!! heehee) for 5 weeks now. I want so bad to go in and color my hair but if I get the dye on my face it will make it worse. I hate me right now. I look a mess.

I see we've got some newbies. Welcome!!

I will post more later but for now I need to go hit the shower.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Sweetpea! It is so good to see you posting. I've been missing you!

I am so sorry you are having such a bad time right now! You need to get better girlie! I hope this all passes quickly!

Are yall chatting at night? I've been in several times between 9 and 11 my time, and always find the place empty? was wondering where the night time gang is?

hope everybody else checks in today.

later gaters
cathy
Old 04-24-2003, 01:45 PM   #3  

Hey Sweets!!!! So glad to see you back. I hate to hear that you are still having problems. PLease don't hate yourself, you are a beautiful person no matter what is happening on the outisde.

April I was on Effexor for about 4 months. (I think) I tried Paxil first and then Serzone so I don't know the exact time frame. I know that I seeing a retunr of the reasons I was taking the stuff in the first place though. I thought I might try to take St. John's Wort again. I used to take it a few years ago and I noticed a difference with it.

I am pretty busy today at work as usual. I wanted to stop and make time for my 3fc friends though. I have to remind myself that you guys are what keeps me grounded.

to all who show up later.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #4  

Good morning everyone

Kemp......getting off Effexor can have lots of withdrawal symptoms.....one of them can be depression....even feeling sad or down. Last spring I tried to go off the Effexor....was only on it for a few months....was on the lowest dose...when I went off it.....I was very sad & spent most of each day in bed for a week until I went back to the doctor & went back on it. It can be very hard to get off of.

Life is getting back to normal here.....am all unpacked & have been catching up with the laundry. Yesterday I did well with eating....even went for a walk yesterday. I even did some housework yesterday!!! I don't like housework much....but it has to be done.

Last week.... from Monday to Thursday....there were 3 dogs here at times....DS2 was here visiting with his dog....DS3 came over quite a bit with his puppy.....so when I got back from our trip...the kitchen floor was quite dirty....so I washed it yesterday.

Hi SweetPea....glad to see you back.....hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi Cathy

Well I have to get back to some more cleaning here. Have a great day.

April
Old 04-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi girls,

Good to see you all.
I'm still here, work work work...boring but I shouldn't really complain huh.

Lets see its thursday YAHOOOOOO one more day until the weekend

Don't know what I'll be doing but I do know it won't be much. Gonna take it easy since the house is pretty tidy (for once). Tonight is laundry night, gonna try to finish it.

Have a great night !!!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #6  

Talking Finally I am posting!

It has been a busy day!

I had my yearly physical...nothing really much came out of that...all is well.

Then I went to the gym.

Picked up dd5 from Kindergarten.

Then met a friend for lunch.

It has been a very relaxing day but I haven't gotten much done.

Oh well Not like the mess is going anywhere.

Nice to see everyone posting....

I work 9-5 tomorrow...strange hours for a nurse....should be intersting...with all this SARS stuff going on in the media it is a little scary being on the front line in the ER but anyhow not much I can do about it.

I love what I do so much...if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life and I truly feel that way. I couldnt' imagine not liking what I do.

Have a good one everyone and hang in there!

Eliz
Old 04-25-2003, 01:18 AM   #7  

Hi Sweet Pea and everyone,
I'm a "newbie" and appreciate the welcome. I hope your face is doing well. Allergies, I would guess, is what you're referring to (?).
Another lovely day in Connecticut. I think all my talking about comfort/cheating with food was, I now recognize, a little "poor me". Well- enough of that- it's not going to get me where I want to be in life.
I take care of patients at work, I take care of my children and I take care of my ill husband: I wasn't at all prepared for myself to become injured or ill. I am finding it a little easier each day to delegate household responsibilities to children and friends who ask if they can help. My first thought is to say, "Thanks, but I can handle it. I'm all set." Now, if anyone offers help I sure hope she means it as I say, "Yes, I can use a hand".
Liz, we RNs are sometimes a stubborn bunch, aren't we?
It's been nice having my family around and it is also such a blessing to me that I "discovered" this web site and this forum. I come in late at night and look forward to this as my special time.
I hope you all don't mind a chatty newbie, LOL!
I read every post every day (depression and weight issues) and am beginning to feel as if I know you all a little.
Happy Good Friday to any Orthodox church members.
God Bless,

Enja
Closed Thread