Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #31  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Can I come back in on this thread again? ;)

Hi,

I'm Amy, I'd love to join all of you in this thread!

Aunty Jam- I am so sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself.

I am really grateful for this website and all the great members of the site who are so supportive. Lately I have been feeling a bit more depressed and well I'll just say it- lonely. I don't make the effort to meet people but perhaps it would be a wise idea for me to do that. I'd like to have more friends and more of a life.

I think I will re-join WW's E-tools ( a form of online ) soon. I really will feel so much better with this weight off. I am bummed out that a medicine I recently started was a weight gainer so I stopped it with the doc's ok.

Have a great day everyone!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #32  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

seabiscuit - welcome back! I remember you

Aunty Jam, how are you doing

Big hello to everyone else
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/118/118

Day is starting off crappy...weight is still coming back, I'm still exercising my butt off and counting every calorie...nobody cares
txgeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #34  
on a journey

Hello ladies. I have a very busy day today. I'm off to visit my daughter at college but first, I have to go to work for a few hours. I'm not in the mood to go.

My anxiety is up, I'm not feeling so good, going to work always does it. Once I get to work, I am usually fine.

I hope you are are well. I will think good thoughts and prayers for you.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 09-21-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #35  

Having a horrible day at work, I'm sick of my boss feeding me to the sharks.

Hate my job, hate my life, hate everything.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #36  
Biker Chick!

txgeekgirl - STOP!!! we care it is true that this is a slow thread most times, there's no check in for days sometimes but when we hear a cry for help we do hear and care!!

First, you must be pretty dam tiny to be 5'6" and 120!!!

Second, I can't fathom how you can be gaining on 1400 a day and working out that much that sux!! must be horribly frustrating. I'm real sorry that you didn't get an answer from the other board.

And I CAN'T understand why people did not accept your offer of help on volunteering! Shee-it, I could use you here on our Fire Dept. Auxiliary, our motorcycle support group, our Town Hall Halloween party...I could come up with more and more. Just must be a bunch of stuck-up or dumb people who aren't accepting your offer
Old 09-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Ohiofreespirit, I hope your anxiety got better ... or went away I guess is a better thing to say I have to say that your posts always sound so caring and you sound like a serene person and we appreciate the thoughts and prayers !
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
txgeekgirl - STOP!!! we care it is true that this is a slow thread most times, there's no check in for days sometimes but when we hear a cry for help we do hear and care!!

First, you must be pretty dam tiny to be 5'6" and 120!!!

Second, I can't fathom how you can be gaining on 1400 a day and working out that much that sux!! must be horribly frustrating. I'm real sorry that you didn't get an answer from the other board.

And I CAN'T understand why people did not accept your offer of help on volunteering! Shee-it, I could use you here on our Fire Dept. Auxiliary, our motorcycle support group, our Town Hall Halloween party...I could come up with more and more. Just must be a bunch of stuck-up or dumb people who aren't accepting your offer
I think most people are jerks in general, they don't care about anyone. I include myself in this; I don't have a family of my own, I'm single, and I find it very hard to care about anyone or anything. So I am what I complain about. People say you reap what you sow, but I don't believe that. I used to care. I used to try. People treated me like crap. Now I don't care and don't try, and people treat me the same way...but it doesn't upset me as much as it used to because I don't feel angry at having wasted any effort.

People did respond on the other board, but it was the same kind of pat responses you'd expect from people who don't really care but like to participate, or from people who did not actually read what I posted since they suggested things that I stated I had already tried. I shot down the easy pat answers...and nobody has said a damn thing since. Oh well, it's to be expected; most people shy away from a challenge. Myself included. I was just hoping someone would give enough of a crap to help me, but nobody does.

I feel like I'm drowning but I'm not even screaming to be rescued anymore since nobody is listening; I'm just struggling silently hoping someone will notice, but knowing that they won't.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #39  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgeekgirl View Post

I feel like I'm drowning but I'm not even screaming to be rescued anymore since nobody is listening; I'm just struggling silently hoping someone will notice, but knowing that they won't.
wish I could bundle you on the back of my bike for a beautiful ride through the woods and fields and mountains here, it would maybe help for an hour at least!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #40  
on a journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgeekgirl View Post
I think most people are jerks in general, they don't care about anyone. I include myself in this; I don't have a family of my own, I'm single, and I find it very hard to care about anyone or anything. So I am what I complain about. People say you reap what you sow, but I don't believe that. I used to care. I used to try. People treated me like crap. Now I don't care and don't try, and people treat me the same way...but it doesn't upset me as much as it used to because I don't feel angry at having wasted any effort.

People did respond on the other board, but it was the same kind of pat responses you'd expect from people who don't really care but like to participate, or from people who did not actually read what I posted since they suggested things that I stated I had already tried. I shot down the easy pat answers...and nobody has said a damn thing since. Oh well, it's to be expected; most people shy away from a challenge. Myself included. I was just hoping someone would give enough of a crap to help me, but nobody does.

Sweetie, are you on any meds at all? Do you see any Dr's or therapists?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I'm currently off anti depressants, however I want to start again.
Which medications do you guys have good experiences with?

My issues is social anxiety.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #42  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Isabella: I'm on Lexapro right now, monitored every 3 months by my dr. I also recently started taking the supplements Relora and Super Cortisol Support--both OTC dietary supplements that help control stress. I'm finding the supplements are very helpful.

txgeekgirl: Consider seeking help from a counselor or therapist to help you deal with your anger and hostility. Talking with someone face-to-face about the challenges you're facing could be very helpful.

The end of last week was a struggle for me and this week will be, as well. The week prior to my period is always an emotional roller coaster for me as my hormones go wacky.

I'm 23 days without a binge--sugar or otherwise--as of today. Since it is 4 p.m. and I'm home, I know I'll make it through the rest of today with no issue. When I leave the house is when I'm at risk! Did my weekly, two-mile, uphill walk/trot interval workout this morning and trimmed four minutes off my best time. All in all, I'm doing okay.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #43  
on a journey

Isabella: I am currently on Pristiq for depression and Buspar for anxiety. Both work really well. I hope you can work with your Dr to find a good medicine for you.

We are here for you.

I went and visited my daughter at college yesterday. It was a very scary drive home, after dark. I don't think I will ever try driving home on the highway like that again. It is a 2 hour drive for me. I thought at one point I was going to have an anxiety attack but I kept taking deep breaths.

I will find a better way to get there, before dark and off the highway. I am just so glad I made it home.

Sending you all warm thoughts on this cold day.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
Sweetie, are you on any meds at all? Do you see any Dr's or therapists?
No and no. IMHO both are a waste of time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
wish I could bundle you on the back of my bike for a beautiful ride through the woods and fields and mountains here, it would maybe help for an hour at least!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeeffort2 View Post
txgeekgirl: Consider seeking help from a counselor or therapist to help you deal with your anger and hostility. Talking with someone face-to-face about the challenges you're facing could be very helpful.
Y'all don't know me so there's no way you guys could know that I've tried nearly every tri-cyclic and SSRI anti-depressant on the market. I say 'nearly every' because there may be 1-2 I don't know about, but name one and the odds are outstanding that I've tried it.

Counseling? Waste of time. I've seen probably 20 counselors in 20 years, from 1990 all the way through to this year, and none of them ever helped me. I'm not 'fixed', I'm not 'better'. Part of me resents that the way I am naturally is not good enough for society and I require 'fixing', and the other part of me is sick of throwing good money and time after bad talking to counselor after counselor and never getting anywhere. And it's not like I don't try, either. I share, I journal, I encourage the therapist to challenge me. Piss me off. Make me mad. DIG DEEP. And they don't.

When I feel like I need help I assertively and pro-actively go after that help if I feel it's available. If I have a medical issue, I see a doctor. If I have a toothache, I see a dentist. Glasses not cutting it anymore? Optometrist. I've even had sessions with personal trainers when I kept getting the same tweaky sore shoulder when lifting weight so they could correct my form. So I'm not afraid to ask for help. But to me...counseling is a big fat racket. It can help with little things, or situations that are transitory like grief, but for someone like me...who is obviously competely and utterly screwed up...it doesn't work.

The best people like me can expect is 'tolerable'.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #45  
on a journey

Hello friends.

I had 2 long days at work and I am so glad to be off work tomorrow. It is only 6:05 and I am sitting here yawning already. lol How awful of me.

How was everyone's day today? I hope it went well. Mine was good, albeit a bit on the slow side. I worked yesterday and today both. I do have tomorrow off, at least, that is the plan. lol

I hope everyone is doing ok. I am thinking good thoughts for everyone.