Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #76  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'2"

First off, I'm so glad you're in a new room now and you're happy and things are looking better for you!

Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydoggiesx2 View Post

Lose the weight sister and then make him drop to his knees drooling. Sometimes revenge is the best reward!!
I do not believe in defending oneself or doing anything to placate or validate the kind of illegal and obnoxious behavior that this person was exhibiting. This issue is not about "losing weight" or making this guy "drool". This is a person who is hateful towards overweight people and who feels he can dominate women through ridicule and bullying. telling someone to lose the weight is putting the problem on their shoulders, as if being heavy is the problem. the problem is this guy is a sociopath and that's NOT going to change even if the whole world changed to suit him.
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #77  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I am so sorry this has happened to you and am glad you are away from these people.
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #78  

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone for your love

So I saw the jerk today and he has put on a considerable amount of weight. That is not something I would wish upon even my worst enemy. But what comes to my mind right now are the lyrics from Beyonce's song "What goes around comes back around, hey my baby." lol.

My previous supervisor had brought up this issue at the jerk's appraisal. one of the girls in his room told me. The other girls in the room were also asked if they have been harassed by him. The ones who were have said yes. This has led to the jerk being a little bit nicer than before. Not much but its some improvement, I guess. So whenever he cracks a joke he says "Okay now don't go telling our supervisor I said this okay?" He is really scared of the supervisor so hopefully he will behave in a more professional manner from now on.
Sharmsluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #79  
Starting OVER!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6

if he's an office fav go over the bosses head. What a jerk.
blackbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I realize most of us are responding to this issue from a North American perceptive.
I am glad that you got out of the situation but sorry you took so much abuse before you felt you could report it. I'm also sorry that the other people in the room let it go on so long.

In my workplace it is considered very inappropriate to make any comments on a person's appearance or on on what how much a person is eating. For example, I have lost a good bit of weight in the past year and only a few people have remarked upon it. In each of these cases they mentioned it very quietly and privately. And that is the procedure for even very positive comments.

Part of the reason for these strong workplace standards maybe because we are surrounded by so many forms of technology that anything inappropriate would likely be recorded immediately in some form.

So I second the advice of the last poster. If you ever find yourself in the same position in the future or if you see someone else subjected to such abuse whip out your cell phone and video the incident right away.

For this guy to reduce you to the state you were in meant there was no way you could function efficiently in your job. That mean he was stealing from the company, the productive time lost by your emotional state and the time he devoted to his bullying behaviour.

But there is a silver lining in all of this. Keep on passing up all the treats brought into the work place. That was one big help to me in losing the weight I did. Most workplaces have really fattening food all they time.

I hope things continue to go well for you in your new location.

Last edited by patns; 04-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #81  

@SharmsLuv

(A) if he's picking on you, he's either has crush on you and is only way to show it is being childish as he hasn't grown up yet
(B) he has a low self-esteem and needs to bring others down to feel comfortable.
(C) needs to be brought up on charges for harassment.
(D) the list goes on and on.

But killing yourself never solves anything and at most would get you an eternal place in the flames. Why throw your life away over something ONE clown says? He's nothing... what difference does he hold in your life and the true things that matters in it? You can't let anyone else dictate your actions nor make you feel any certain way.

KNOW YOUR WORTH!

I've seen your photo... you are gorgeous, and if I were a man, I'd definitely have taken interest in you. Don't sweat the small stuff, work on what matters.

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 05-02-2012 at 03:38 AM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

What a pathetic person i really hope people like that get hit by karma as soon as possible stay strong girl you arent fat!
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote