Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #46  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone

Er - have you had issues with depression too?

GET - Those are some FUNKY shoes! I remember when NB took the stand that they weren't going to have out there shoes... guess they finally gave in eh?

Vermont - Ohhh... I have to go to the dentist too My teeth are getting so bad.

I have read everyone's posts but again I've fallen behind and there's just too much to catch up on for personals to everyone.. I'm really sorry 50 lashes with a wet noodle for me.

It's same old same old for me... been eating better except for chinese food on monday (oops). Getting some regular exercise... missed my run this morning plan to get it in tonight.

Who said they were amazed I could run? I started out with the couch to 5k program... week 1 is to run for 30 seconds We all start somewhere! Hubby is still pushing me to do this... "So, is tomorrow morning a zumba day?" etc... I hope he doesn't get annoying with this. I really need to find a race to sign up for.. that would get my butt in gear. I'm going to go look.... (oh wait, I'm at work.. maybe I should do that.........................)
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #47  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi AuntyJam!! Yay to you for eating right most of the time. That's life!! and that is great that your DH is being supportive that way.

running...not for me. I'll gladly swap my 55 minute of Ms. Fierce Anni and her Cardio Force instead of running..though I know a long brisk walk would be good for my legs too.

Hi Erin!! nice to meet you

Oh i forgot to thank GEM for that kick! lol. Thanks friend!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #48  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Mustang- I hope you enjoy your weekend here. It looks like rain on saturday for most of the area but nice on Sunday. How long are you staying? There is a 10k tomorrow. It always seems to rain when there is a race here.

Vermont, you are right. I rarely talk on the phone anymore. Even when I think I want to I'm ready to get off before you know it.

I've eaten out quite a bit this week and I feel like crap because of it. I'm so sluggish and thirsty. It doesn't take long to feel bad when you're eating crap.
I'm so glad tomorrow is saturday.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #49  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Peeps!

Whew! What a week! I have been seriously chasing my tail this week! :-) Busy, Busy, and, last weekend I started feeling like crap...well, actually it started more like just not hungry, like feeling already full only you haven't eating anything... I have been taking Nexium for heartburn for like two months. I didn't think about side effects until about the 3rd day of feeling like crap...well I decided to take my chances and stop taking the Nexium...was still feeling bad on Monday...got an appt...the dr wanted to schedule me for a cat scan...then I went home and promptly felt better...(isn't that always the way of things!) So, now I am wondering if I should just go ahead with the cat scan...I feel like the heartburn is weight related...before I lost weight the first time years ago I was having heartburn problems and it stopped with weight loss. I need to try harder to get some of this weight off...I need to make sure my meals are smaller and not close to bed time... Anyway...I had a meeting to go to w/DH on Wednesday, Thursday I got a call for a cancellation appt with the dentist for my cleaning...managed to get that done quickly...then go to Body Pump for the first time in over two weeks! Yes!!! I lowered my weight a bit but I didn't feel like I had lost much strength in the time I was off! I even managed to do all the reps with the hardest bicep track we have done so far....(roaring and flexing...lol) I am sore now...but not overly so, drinking lots of water to flush things out... Oh, and my potential new boss has called me several times! He is REALLY anxious to hire me!!! We are just waiting for HR to make it official! Woo hoo! We have put in an offer on our dream house but are still waiting to hear if it will be accepted. I have completely released my attachment to the outcome of this..I know that it was the right thing to do to put in the offer to try for this house but we have a plan b in case it doesn't happen...either way...I am good!!! DH is working on his thesis and I am getting ready to finish my Abnormal Psychology class with a 99.5% Yay me!

Mustang!! LOVE the shoes! I have big feet too! I am actually using Vibram Five Fingers for weight training class...love them!

Holly! Of course you are a hero...and the coolest biker chick I know!!! Hope you are still having a blast.

Leila your avatar is awesome! Reminds me of Betty Page!

Hope! Thanks...and I hope you are having fun, getting some rest and feeling good!

Aunty...always love it when you are around...Awesome job with the running!!!

Erbear (that is so cute!!!) Hope you stick around so we can get to know you!

Time to sleep....take care everybody!!!

~Raven~
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #50  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Hi, everyone! Just got back from a weekend out of town and not eating so great. Thankfully, I didn't gain any weight! Exactly the same as when I left. Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post

Erbear (that is so cute!!!) Hope you stick around so we can get to know you!

~Raven~
Thank you! It's an old nickname that didn't stick, but works out really well for a username. I'm trying to log in more often to the site and hope it'll lead to more motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post

Hi Erin!! nice to meet you
Great to meet you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
Hi everyone

Er - have you had issues with depression too?

Who said they were amazed I could run? I started out with the couch to 5k program... week 1 is to run for 30 seconds We all start somewhere! Hubby is still pushing me to do this... "So, is tomorrow morning a zumba day?" etc... I hope he doesn't get annoying with this. I really need to find a race to sign up for.. that would get my butt in gear. I'm going to go look.... (oh wait, I'm at work.. maybe I should do that.........................)
Yeah, I've had issues off and on. It seems like they've gotten worse with the little bit of weight I've lost. I think I'm just holding myself to a higher standard and disappointing myself more.

I so admire people who can run! I have an old knee injury that hinders me from doing anything that high impact. Do you do races often? That really sounds like such a great exercise plan and then you have something you're working up to/training for all the time. So fun!
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #51  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I have knee issues also. Mine have really been bothering me lately because i'm at my heaviest. (I need to change my ticker.) My mother is not overweight but I have 2 overweight aunts who both need knee replacements. I'm afraid if I don't get control of my weight I will need the same in about 20 years.

Raven, congrats on the job and fingers crossed on the house.

Mustang, how was your trip to Richmond?
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #52  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Hope-I've heard great things from other ladies who have lost weight about what it does for their knees! It makes me really hopeful.

Raven-I agree about the heartburn being weight related. I never had heartburn as badly as I did at my heaviest. It's still a problem for me now, but only when I snack too close to bed.

I'm .8 lbs away from my first mini goal! And I'm about to see all of my friends and family for the first time in 7 months. I'm pretty excited/scared.
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote