Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: current weight:264

Height: 5'9

Default hope to get the support :)

I know that alot of ppl have the same problems i do but its so hard to actually find someone that knows what your going through and how you feel i was put in anti depressantes last year and between last year and now i have gained 40 lbs to some thats not alot but to me it is ive always had problems with weight and since my husband had deployd and had me move here to germany things with my weight have been horrible!
moemoe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 95/81/75 kg (211/178/165 lbs)

Height: 5'5"

hi! i'm so sorry you're unhappy, but at least you've recognised you're not okay with the extra weight and are endeavouring to do something about it!

i was put on a mood stabiliser and an antidepressant when i was first diagnosed with bipolar disorder 3 years ago. within 4 months i gained over 20 kilograms! it was horrifying, and so so depressing since i was already a bit chubby. i then broke up with my boyfriend, dropped out of uni, and basically sank into depression.. it was awful. the first few kilos came and went and came back again, and then i seriously started trying to lose the weight last year around the same time, and i managed to lose 10 kilos. put another 5 back on and i'm now trying to lose that and the rest! its slow, and i think my drugs hinder it a bit but i'll get there, and so will you!

as for germany, i can understand that must be hard.. do you speak the language? if not, i would google around for some groups or something in the area to get to know more people who are of your own nationality, often there is some kind of gathering that happens to make people feel more at home! if you are friends with some of the other deployed husbands' wives in germany, perhaps you could all learn a bit of german together? just a few suggestions to maybe make you feel not so alone!
Satellites is offline   Reply With Quote